PDA

View Full Version : Practise time

grainbear
11-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Finally we get a few days for the coaching staff to go over the systems with our new players. This time should allow Hotson to get over his concussion and also allow the bruises and bumps to heal on the likes of Banchs and other.Looking ahead to the xmas break we have some very good teams coming in and we will need to play at the top of our games once again. Tonight , was the start of another win streak and we need to keep winning all the battles. Good effort once again Canes. Not sure if our feisty attitude is the right way to go as the officials don,t seem to like it when opposition teams have pro connections

shushu
11-25-2007, 01:29 AM
is exactly what the docter ordered. thought the canes played pretty well tonight ( beside the terriable reffing ), a week of healing and practise will do wonders for this team..... cudos to young metsola, he was great between the pipes tonight........also, thought the canes play a good game against the giant but couldn;t solve a very good goalie and a great d....ps..had to laugh at the the oil kings coach at the end of the game , he was so mad at the refs that he fell off of the bench flat on his @ss before jumping up again to yell at the refs some more. haha ...............go canes go........................ :thumb:

moon
11-25-2007, 02:21 AM
ps..had to laugh at the the oil kings coach at the end of the game , he was so mad at the refs that he fell off of the bench flat on his @ss before jumping up again to yell at the refs some more. haha ...............go canes go........................ :thumb:

I noticed that too. He was pissed earlier in the game as well. Does anyone know why he was so upset at the end. The refs handed his team two goals and gave them countless of others chances. How the hell does he have the nerve to get mad at them after that?

Bocephus
11-25-2007, 08:53 AM
I listened to the game on 94.1 and had a great chuckle.
I assume Gibby was right about the reffing as most of the fans think the reffing was brutal as well.
Gibby did have fun as he mentioned that he was obviously a homer by complaining about the reffing. It was clearly a jab at the Vancouver thread about his homer broadcast the previous night. I couldn't stop laughing everytime he said something about it.
Good for Gibby.
A win feels great as two straight loses felt like the wheels were coming off the bus.
Go Canes Go.

Bocephus
11-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh btw, the broadcast said that Pleau was PO'ed about a non icing call on the Canes near the end. Can you believe that? He gets multiple calls during the game and then, essentially, thinks the reffing caused his team a loss? applause

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
The reffing in this league is not on par with the caliber of play. I am sure they do thier best but it is so inconsistent it can ruin games, like last night. This is a world class league from the organization to the playon the ice, but the refs drive me nuts. They not only make bizarre calls but just as often strange non calls. Maybe the Hitmen and some of the other have teams need to buck up and help the league pay better. Something has to be done as the reffing is getting a lot worse and the league a lot better.

hitmanfan
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I am curious as to why the Hitmen should pay for better reffing that would benefit the whole league and the other 21 teams should enjoy that better reffing without paying. Surely after 20+ years in the league the Hurricanes have saved some money that could be used to help?

canes77
11-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I would think all 22 teams pay equal amounts for the officiating on a per game basis. Plus, I don't know if we have to pay them more. I think we get the best officiating possible in western North America. Just like players, the best guys are in the NHL, and then it probably trickles down to the WHL level.

hitmanfan
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I would think all 22 teams pay equal amounts for the officiating on a per game basis. Plus, I don't know if we have to pay them more. I think we get the best officiating possible in western North America. Just like players, the best guys are in the NHL, and then it probably trickles down to the WHL level.
That is in regards to Hurricanes Rock "Maybe the Hitmen and some of the other have teams need to buck up and help the league pay better. Something has to be done as the reffing is getting a lot worse and the league a lot better."

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I am curious as to why the Hitmen should pay for better reffing that would benefit the whole league and the other 21 teams should enjoy that better reffing without paying. Surely after 20+ years in the league the Hurricanes have saved some money that could be used to help?

Just threw out that idea. All teams that can should buck up. League needs better reffing. A well run league shares the profit to keep all teams competative which enhances your enjoyment of all the Hitmen games. It could be Hitmen or Vancouver or whoever. If lethbridge has a lot of profit they buck up to. A balanced league is far better for the fans.

Bottom line is, the reffing as it is now, is just not acceptable any longer. Something needs to be done.

clrkthj