PDA

View Full Version : WHL Players

ChilliwackFan
11-25-2007, 08:06 AM
I am trying to do a project on average junior players and just wondering potenial and current ability wise who would be the most average player in the W?

Looking for the average forward, defenseman and goaltender?

WestLEAFfan
11-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Right now as much as it pains me to say it, I'd go with REAL CYR for your average goaltender. On any other team but the COUGARS, he'd be at the top or near it anyway.

scrunt
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Interesting question. I would say that the average WHL player probably doesn't get drafted into the NHL, or may get drafted in a later round but not get a real shot at the bigs; probably gets traded once, and plays a total three to four years in the league.

I would suggest maybe F Clayton Bauer, G Kris Westblom, and D Mike Berube.

ChilliwackFan
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Sorry i should have been specfic... I am trying to see or do a write up as if a team were a whl team from like a high school point of view... Like i mean taking a high school team and doing a write up about them and need some examples of average players from the WHL... What i can do is give u heights and weights and such and maybe that will help.... Once again for anyone helping me greatly appreciate it... What I will do is list the players on the team by height and weight so for example a lw and their height and weight if that helps type thing... If i know the style of player i will list it if not then i will leave it blank... Remeber don't expect these average players to being the teams like top 6 pt getters type thing either... Those #'s off to the left size are there to tell yah that kind of the depth/line that they play on...

LW
#1 LW 5`9 160 L - Grinder
#2 LW 5`9 160 L - goal scorer and smart with the puck
#3 LW 5`7 170 L - Grinder/Power forward type player
#4/extra LW 5`10 160 L - all around player

C
#1 5`8 155lbs R
#2 6`4 230 L - Team Captian
#3 5`10 160 L - another goal scorer who can drive to the net to score goals
#4 6`0 235lb L - The type of player that does everything asked of the coach

RW
#1 5`10 195lbs R - grinder
#2 5`8 165 R - all around player
#3 5`11 175 R - Grinder

D
#1 6`4 200lb R - offensive dman
#2 5`9 175lb R - Offensive dman
#3 5`9 150lb L - mix between defensive dman/stay at home dman
#4 5`8 140lb L - defensive dman
#5 5`8 150lb L - defensive dman
#6 5`8 204lb R - mix between defensive dman/stay at home dman

G
#1 5`9 160 L
#2 5`11 150 L

scrunt
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Sorry i should have been specfic... I am trying to see or do a write up as if a team were a whl team from like a high school point of view... Like i mean taking a high school team and doing a write up about them and need some examples of average players from the WHL... What i can do is give u heights and weights and such and maybe that will help.... Once again for anyone helping me greatly appreciate it... What I will do is list the players on the team by height and weight so for example a lw and their height and weight if that helps type thing... If i know the style of player i will list it if not then i will leave it blank... Remeber don't expect these average players to being the teams like top 6 pt getters type thing either... Those #'s off to the left size are there to tell yah that kind of the depth/line that they play on...

Well, I read that twice and still have no idea what you are asking for. Plus, your spelling and grammar are not appropriate for a school project. Good luck, I think you will need it.

TwoBits
11-25-2007, 09:07 PM
So ChillFan do you want us to do this for each of our teams?

Who we think the #1,#2, #3, .... LW is, their height and weight, and what type of player they are? etc. etc. etc..... For each position? Isn't this a little subjective? Who I think #1 might vary from the next guy.

What do we get for helping you with your homework? :laugh:

ChilliwackFan
11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Actually this isn't for a project for skewl and i have been done skewl for 3-4 yrs now lol its for something for the net.... like i don't want what to put them and for the style of players like I know these players on the high school team i help coach won't make it to the ohl or juniors or anything just doing something as if they were a whl team and for the players like the ones that have styles kind of like a whl average type player with that skill...

For example

the one person above gave me an example of a average goalie in real cyr... and i will use him as a example for style of player for one of the goalies... like i mean i don't expect your all to go threw everyone whl team and list all of the average players and such i just thought with the skill and style would make it easier for your whl fans to help and such... If need more help i will help explain

TwoBits
11-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Let's give this another kick at the cat. (Sorry PETA people it's just an expression.)

How about..... you list your players' positions, weights, heights, and styles and we will find an average player in the WHL that they compare to.

ChilliwackFan
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
LW
#4 LW 5`10 160 L - all around player

C
#1 5`8 155lbs R - all around
#2 6`4 230 L - Team Captian
#3 5`10 160 L - another goal scorer who can drive to the net to score goals

RW
#1 5`10 195lbs R - grinder
#3 5`11 175 R - Grinder

D

G
#1 5`9 160 L
#2 5`11 150 L

not sure waht styles for goalies so i left them blank

TwoBits
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmmmmmm,

This is going to be hard ChillFan. I know your guys are on a high school team but it's going to be hard to find guys that small in the WHL and if they are in the Dub, at that size, they aren't going to be average.

Will see if I can help fill in some of the blanks and maybe some people from other teams will do the same. ;)

ChilliwackFan
11-26-2007, 05:39 PM
TwoBits i appreciate all of your help and greatly appreciate same with anyone else who is helping out with this project... even if u can't find the players with the same height and weight is fine the style of player and average is good enough.

TwoBits
11-26-2007, 11:40 PM
LW
#4 LW 5`10 160 L - all around player

C
#1 5`8 155lbs R - all around
#2 6`4 230 L - Team Captain
#3 5`10 160 L - another goal scorer who can drive to the net to score goals PG Corey Tyrell 5'10" 167lbs (L) PTSPG 0.19 PIMPG 0.07

RW
#1 5`10 195lbs R - grinder PG Ryan Kowalski 5'11" 195lbs. (R) PTSPG 0.08 PIMPG 0.65
#3 5`11 175 R - Grinder

D

G
#1 5`9 160 L
#2 5`11 150 L

not sure what styles for goalies so i left them blank

*Go to Official WHL Team Links for their current stats

I'm not sure if the playing styles match, I cheer for PG from SK. :laugh:

* I got a local PG fan to give me their style of play. Tyrell - above average skater, high energy, not overly physical, good hands and will put up the numbers when he is older. Kowalski - good skater, not overly physical with a bit of a mean streak, quite gifted offensively and shows promise for the future.

I stuck to the sizes and the direction they shoot and if I understood you correctly, you didn't want any superstars so I picked 2 rookies (they're a little smaller too)

You know, there are more smaller players to choose from than I thought, but you might have trouble filling in the Defense, your guys are really small. :p

Hope this helps and Good Luck with the rest of the team.

WestLEAFfan
11-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Geez TwoBits, you really went the "extra mile" on your response. Makes mine look pretty pathetic! Are you a teacher too?

TwoBits
11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
All you have to do is copy and paste Chillfans list and fill in players that match. It was probably harder for me because I don't know the PG Cougars insideout and backwards like some people do. WHEATMAN (BWK)comes to mind, he could probably do this with his eyes closed.

I don't like seeing people being belittled and thought that if I could help get this going for Chillfan I would.

You don't have to be a teacher to be nice do you? :laugh: But to answer your question, I am, kinda.

Hope other people can take the time to help.

WestLEAFfan
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey, I never meant to belittle chilifans assignment. I wasn't sure what he wanted. I'm a mean teacher! :mad:

TwoBits
11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey, I never meant to belittle chilifans assignment. I wasn't sure what he wanted. I'm a mean teacher! :mad:

Back the Mack truck up, I didn't say you belittled anybody. ;)

I think it's cool that this young person helps coach a high school hockey team and is doing a side project so that the players can compare themselves to a player in the WHL and maybe even follow their career. Don't we all live vicariously through some player or team on these forums. :thumb: