PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnet - Regina @ Calgary

Mileflames
01-16-2005, 02:55 PM
5:00p.m. MT
CHL on Sportsnet
WHL: Regina @ Calgary

REGINA @ CALGARY TONIGHT ON ROGERS SPORTSNET - Kyle Deck (pictured) and the Regina Pats (11-28-2-4) visit the Calgary Hitmen (21-15-6-2) in one of six Western Hockey League contests on Sunday.

Tonight’s contest between the Pats and Hitmen can be seen nationally on Rogers Sportsnet (5:00 p.m., MT).

The Pats, currently fourth in the East division, were hammered 9-3 in Medicine Hat last night and have dropped four in a row. The Pats are 5-17-0 on the road this season and have dropped 13 straight away from Regina. Brent Hill (16g-21a) leads the Pats in scoring with 37 points.

The Hitmen, who currently sit third in the Central division, blanked Kamloops 6-0 last night and have won three straight. The Hitmen own the league’s second-best power play on home ice, clicking at 23.0 per cent. Ryan Getzlaf leads the Hitmen with 21 goals and 38 points.

It’s the third meeting of the season between the teams. Calgary won both previous meetings versus Regina this season.

Fight Guy
01-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Have been waiting for this one for some time now...just because it's a chance to see an away game. Plus, it's good camera work and quality, so it will be better than watching on Shaw/Access.

ScottyWazz
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
A good win for Calgary, but valiant effort for the Pats coming back like they did.

That's what irks me about the Hitmen. Their killer instinct is too inconsistant. They could have jumped on the Pats hardcore, but they let up in the second and early third and let them dictate the pace of the game.

Kisio needs to wake the boys up and tell them that they need to hungrier for winning or else they'll get taken to the cleaners one of these days.

Fight Guy
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
The Pats definetly improved their play after the first period. They controlled the puck alot better and were getting good shots. Good effort by the Pats after a bad first.

The_Vulk
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
The Hitmen have been doing that all year, and tonight it dod not cost them.

Being up early, they did not continue to skate and do the things that gave them that lead.

Saturday, they played a full 60-minutes.

This afternoon, it was 20-minutes. :mad:

It is a bad habit that they must get out of.

Ergo
01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Saturday, they played a full 60-minutes.

This afternoon, it was 20-minutes. :mad:

It is a bad habit that they must get out of.

This is a problem that has been going on for years. To a large extent this is a problem with coaching. It is the coaches responsibility to motivate these kids and it doesn't happen.

In fact I had this discussion with a Hitmen staffer a couple of years ago when Kromm was around and they maintained it is not the coaches job to be a motivator. Unbelievable claptrap, Badger Bob Johnson one of the greatest motivators of all time, must be rolling over in his grave when he hears crap like that.

Come on Kisio start doing what you're paid for or do us all a favour and quit. This team consitantly unachieves.

The Intimidator
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
This is a problem that has been going on for years. To a large extent this is a problem with coaching. It is the coaches responsibility to motivate these kids and it doesn't happen.

In fact I had this discussion with a Hitmen staffer a couple of years ago when Kromm was around and they maintained it is not the coaches job to be a motivator. Unbelievable claptrap, Badger Bob Johnson one of the greatest motivators of all time, must be rolling over in his grave when he hears crap like that.

Come Kisio start doing what you're paid for or do us all a favour and quit. This team consitantly unachieves.

Well said Ergo. My thoughts exactly!

Signed,
The guy who wanted Kromm gone so bad he actually got suckered into thinking Kisio and Evason would be a good pair behind the bench and be an improvement!

ScottyWazz
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
I just wonder how much more time before Evanson becomes the full-time coach.

kelownakarl
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I had a chance to sit down and ejoy this game. Calgary has a good club.... Regina looks like theyre in rebuild mode, nothing wrong with that. Nice to see the Pats make it close towards the end of the game.

Mileflames
01-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Attendance: 9868

Calgary Scoring
1, Getzlaf, (22) (Landolt), 04:00
1, Pushkarev, (15) (Ladd, Kohn), 06:28 (PP)
1, Dupont, (4) (Merkley, Covington), 13:17
1, Ladd, (12) (Merkley), 18:48 (PP)
3, Dupont, (5) , 19:13 (EN)

Regina Scoring
2, Ross, (7) (McGillivray), 08:39
3, Hill, (17) (Pyett, Deck), 05:29 (PP)

The_Vulk
01-17-2005, 06:28 AM

Come Kisio start doing what you're paid for or do us all a favour and quit. This team consitantly unachieves.
Look what Sutter has done, not only for Team Canada, but with the Red Deer Rebels.

They never sit back.

They never become complacent.

The never stop coming at you.

And you see how successful they have been.

I don't know if it is the Flames whom are telling the Hitmen NOT to be the best they can be, or if they presume it. But the constant feeling in the concourse that they are third class (behind the Flames and Roughnecks) and should act like it is NOT how to operate a hockey club. We know they are first class and they need to act like it.

Hitmen1
01-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Game over!
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/01/17/900922-sun.html

Hitmen lacking killer instinct!
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/01/17/900923-sun.html

Getzlaf scores 200th point!
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/01/17/900924-sun.html

RunTheGoalie
01-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I just wonder how much more time before Evanson becomes the full-time coach.

I wonder how much more time before Kisio demotes Evanson and makes himself the full time coach?

Kisio is going to hold this team down until he is fired.