PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we just get the big chalk board brush out and go young?

eye4aneye
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone agree with this?

Zookeeper
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyone agree with this?

First thing we need to do is get the broom out and sweep Clark out the door. Than the biggest problem will be gone.

tito34
11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't agree with your statement in full. I believe this team should become younger but you need a veteran presence on a team. I will use Steve Staois or Ethan Moreau in Edmonton as an example. They are used to talk and mentor to the younger players. If you see the media they have nothing but good things for these guys. These veteran players are also used buy the coach to convince younger players to buy into the system. Much like what Bulter is doing with Stanford. You need a veterans to help the coach groom players of the future. Can't expect a coach to groom 22 young players. But veterans need to buy into the coaches systems and off-ice policies. Wiping the board completely clean is not the answer.

eye4aneye
11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't agree with your statement in full. I believe this team should become younger but you need a veteran presence on a team. I will use Steve Staois or Ethan Moreau in Edmonton as an example. They are used to talk and mentor to the younger players. If you see the media they have nothing but good things for these guys. These veteran players are also used buy the coach to convince younger players to buy into the system. Much like what Bulter is doing with Stanford. You need a veterans to help the coach groom players of the future. Can't expect a coach to groom 22 young players. But veterans need to buy into the coaches systems and off-ice policies. Wiping the board completely clean is not the answer.

I actually I agree with your statement as welll...I am just trying to open up dialog for ideas. I have stated in other threads that the raiders should build around stanford the younger defense, the guys that are going to be the 20 years olds next year and the brandl. everyone else is expendable. Oh and keep white of course. :)