PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs Spokane

Hitmen1
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Its a battle for top spot in the WHL tonight. This should be a great game.

Gameday (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Bocephus
11-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Beat the hell outta them. When they get to Lethbridge on Wednesday we want them to be spent. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

LifelongChiefsFan
11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Sounded like an awesome game. From what I could tell on the radio, Spence stood on his head and made some outstanding saves. Sounded like Spokane got a pretty lucky bounce with a pinball power play goal and Bowman hit the post with the net wide open. It also sounded like Tokarski played pretty well.

Just listening the the Calgary pbp guy, Calgary seemed to be a more physical team than most of the other teams in the league. I was glad to see Spokane be able to match up with that and not get pushed around. I thought it was fitting that Bruton was able to get the overtime winner in his final regular season game in his hometown.

I know it's still early, but I would love to see these two teams play for the Memorial Cup in April. I think that would be an awesome series as it stands now. But that's still a good ways away. Hopefully both teams keep up the high level of play and make it happen. :thumb:

Good luck the rest of the year Calgary and the Chiefs will try their best to take the points away from the rest of the Central Division. ;)

peatfan
12-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Yes I agree with you Lifelongchiefsfan about the game. It was exciting, well played, hard hitting and excelent reffed (let the boys deciede who wins). It was nice seeing the ex-Hitmen and Falk has really improved from two years ago. Neither Letts or Kelner did much so that was a disappointment. Wouldn't be surpeised to see both squad in the finals. That will e nice. Good luck through Albt and go home with 10 points.
clrkth Boogaard'd pbj clrkth Boogaard'd :laugh: clrkth Boogaard'd :groovy:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Beat the hell outta them. When they get to Lethbridge on Wednesday we want them to be spent. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Looks like Calgary took some steam out of them and then the Hat beat em. Seems like that game in Calg was a "ring aling dong dandy" or whatever Ed Whalen used to say. :groovy:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Sounded like an awesome game. From what I could tell on the radio, Spence stood on his head and made some outstanding saves. Sounded like Spokane got a pretty lucky bounce with a pinball power play goal and Bowman hit the post with the net wide open. It also sounded like Tokarski played pretty well.

Just listening the the Calgary pbp guy, Calgary seemed to be a more physical team than most of the other teams in the league. I was glad to see Spokane be able to match up with that and not get pushed around. I thought it was fitting that Bruton was able to get the overtime winner in his final regular season game in his hometown.

I know it's still early, but I would love to see these two teams play for the Memorial Cup in April. I think that would be an awesome series as it stands now. But that's still a good ways away. Hopefully both teams keep up the high level of play and make it happen. :thumb:

Good luck the rest of the year Calgary and the Chiefs will try their best to take the points away from the rest of the Central Division. ;)

They can play for the WHL title and just might, but they can't play for the Mem Cup. It is not in the west this year "so we only get one team in the dance". Yes Calgary is a very physical team.

RunTheGoalie
12-03-2007, 09:48 AM
The last two Hitmen games really show how far too much emphasis is often placed on the idea that scoring = excitement.

The 6-2 win over PG was dreadfully dull, teddy bear toss aside, while this 2-1 OT game was easily the best game in the Dome this year - Flames or Hitmen.