PDA

View Full Version : Teddie Bear Toss Tonight

O&C
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Should be a good fun game. Always one of the funnest games of the year. To be honest I dont see any way that we are going to beat Calgary's record of bears and the new record in Portland is pretty much impossible for a 5000 seat areana. To beat 20000 bears, if it IS a sell out, that mean each person would need to bring an average of 4 bears each! Im sorry but I just dont see that happening.

On a more serious note. Not to say it is a MUST win, but I think winning this game would be huge for the club. They need to get some cofidence back and start another winning streak. Depending on the Calgary Spokane game, the canes could be tied for first again with a win! I'm banking on seeing a very focused and determined team tonight, should be a good one! Lets see if we can get another HOOOLTBY go'in :thumb:

Go Canes!

Bocephus
11-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I am bringing 3 bears tonight. Can someone bring five in order to make up for my shortfall. Thanks chaps.

Bocephus
11-30-2007, 11:54 PM
22700 teddy bears to set a new world record.
The corporate side came through huge and we smashed the chl record of 15000 by Calgary.
Calgary is up next on Sunday with a sold out building. It will be interesting to see if we will be record holders come monday morning.
All around the night couldn't have been any better. A record bear night, a full house, and an 8-2 romp.
Go Canes Go.

O&C
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM
WOW!! What a game! It had everything a game could have. applause The boys came out to play tonight which was great to see. To have such a dominating game in front of a packed house, break records, have 3 fights, and everything in between, just a ton of fun all around.

To be honest we would have never broken any records if it wasnt for the corporate sponsors. I'll bet 70 percent of the bears were dropped from corporate sponsors on the roof. In the end, all that really matters is that kids are getting the bears, not who they are from.

All around, a good solid game for the team. The Blades got pretty dirty near the end of the game. The fact that we lost two players by the end of the game is pretty good evidence. We are pretty lucky we didnt loose Wuchterl on Reitch's (sp?) Bertuzi-esk spear and punches. Brutal moves on his part. I was pretty disapointed he got the game because I really wanted to see one of the boys (Wiens) take that guy on. Probably would have lost because the Blades are apparently all to scared to fight without a helmet on...

localguy
12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
we actually lost 2 d-men (wright and versteeg) and a forward (orfino)

canes77
12-01-2007, 12:12 AM
we actually lost 2 d-men (wright and versteeg) and a forward (orfino)

What happened to them? I couldn't make the game tonite...Are they injured?

O&C
12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh really! What happend to Orfino?

As far as Wright is concerned, Dyck didnt sound like he wanted to say much on the post game interview so hopfully its not too bad. Did anyone see what took him out?

And Versteeg should be fine. Probably just a mild concusion, he took some good shots to the head in that fight. A sore head and sore knuckles...those helmets are hard ;)

shushu
12-01-2007, 12:50 AM
from what i heard wright has a torn bicep, versteeg a concussion and as for orfino not sure.............................

hitmanfan
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
26919 bears today in Calgary + 3 stuck in the safety netting. Great job by all cities! Lots of bears for a good cause.

localguy
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
from what i heard wright has a torn bicep, versteeg a concussion and as for orfino not sure.............................

Something lower body, he kind of limped off and went don the tunnel not to return late in the 2nd