PDA

View Full Version : This is friggin embarrasing...

Trav
11-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Hurricanes are hammering the Blades 6-0 in the 2nd period. Zemlak is in net, maybe he's not getting a lot of help but he aint helping either.

Thank god the game isnt at home and I'm not at it cuz I'd have left the game by now.

Just out right pathetic. Molleken better get his head out of his ass and do something cuz its going to be an even longer season if he doesnt.

Krahn is doing great at the MAnitoba midget level. I say after the U-17, get him in and get rid of Zemlak. Get rid of a few other guys and bring in young guys, may as well, they wouldnt do any worse then some of the players the Blades have now.

Trav
11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
7-1 wow the Blades actually score and its from their best d-man and usually their best player on the ice, Elliot.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
It is 7-2 now and yeah I do not know what to say hate to be negative,but if the Blades want to do something this season they have to win against teams in all 4 divisions,and not just the East.........

Fight Guy
11-30-2007, 11:01 PM
So...is that right that Reich got a triple spearing and a '10'? That kinda doesn't make sense. Usually get a major...lol.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
So...is that right that Reich got a triple spearing and a '10'? That kinda doesn't make sense. Usually get a major...lol.
Yep I am sure that is what he got. I am just again questioning why Molleken likes the tough guys so much? Sure you need toughness,but the Blades already have that....John Flatters,Kevin Philp,Garret Klotz, Mike Reich..... I think too much of it actually.

Trav
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM
of grit and not much scoring. Won't win many games with a team like that.

Bocephus
11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
I was at the game as a Canes fan. You guy are right. It was embarrassing for your side. Your goalie was no good but you guys dominated all three fights if it is any consolation. The Reich penalties was a double minor for spearing which was corrrect because he was pissed about the check Wuchterl delivered on him and when Wuchterl didn't respond to the spear then Reich mauled him which was another two. The 10 mins was for good measure I suppose. Overall your team was outmatched on this particular night and decided to take a physical stance.
Long season Blades fans so keep your head up and things hopefully will turn around soon.

localguy
11-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Actually it was a double spearing and a roughing. Brutal move, he got hit, then chased down Wuchteral, speared him then punched hime a couple times, right in fornt of the Ref, super smart. Flatters move of actually stomping on Wuchtral's ankle on a draw was a pretty classy move as well. There were a lot of cheap shots by all the "tough" guys. The title of embarassing is pretty accurate.

Link Dog
12-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Yep I am sure that is what he got. I am just again questioning why Molleken likes the tough guys so much? Sure you need toughness,but the Blades already have that....John Flatters,Kevin Philp,Garret Klotz, Mike Reich..... I think too much of it actually.
We'll take Klotz off your hands.

O&C
12-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I too was at the game as a Canes fan. To be honest, the Blades are just no match for this Lethbridge team right now. Just a bit too much to handle and it showed. I was really feeling sorry for your goaltender. He really wasnt getting much help though there were a number of "shakey" goals on his part. After the second I was starting to feel pretty bad for the team on a whole but after seeing their antics in the third that feeling left.

The Blades just lost composer and there were a number of really ugly plays. Reich's by far wins in the sickest move I've had seen all year. Bocephus had it right when he said "mauled" because that was exactly what it was. The mauling it's self was pretty ugly, but the fact that he speared him first drove me over the edge. All in all, it was pretty ruthless.

Hopfully you guys in Toon' get to see your team turn it around. I know its been a tough go in past years but eventually things get better. We've had to wait about ten years here in Leth for a team even close to what we have now. Keep your chins up :D

hobster
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
104 wins the past 3 seasons i wouldn't call being a horrible team were just not a uper tear team thts all

booboo
12-01-2007, 09:08 AM
What surprises me about the blades is I thought Mollekan was a smarter GM than he appears to be. The team he has assembled this year is HUGE but lacks skill. The days of the Broad Street bullies Flyers hockey are gone but Lorne has forgotten that fact. If I were a Blades fan I would be very disappointed in this years team because for how many years can you be rebuilding. Sooner or later your scouting staff has to get lucky do you not think?? They appear to on the right track with Elliot but they did not draft him the Brodsky boys swapped him.

hobster
12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
As for the rebuilding we had 2 good seasons in a row 04/05, 05/06 just last year and this season with molleken we have been bad.

We are rebuilding for the 09/10 memorial cup so my guess is maybe he wants too protect his young guys right now for the memorial cup run we'll see.

hobster
12-01-2007, 11:12 AM
And another thing im willing too take 3 or 4 losing seasons if it means we can host and maybe win the memorial cup . It would be nice in that time if we could atleast be competative though.

hobster
12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I was at the game as a Canes fan. You guy are right. It was embarrassing for your side. Your goalie was no good but you guys dominated all three fights if it is any consolation. The Reich penalties was a double minor for spearing which was corrrect because he was pissed about the check Wuchterl delivered on him and when Wuchterl didn't respond to the spear then Reich mauled him which was another two. The 10 mins was for good measure I suppose. Overall your team was outmatched on this particular night and decided to take a physical stance.
Long season Blades fans so keep your head up and things hopefully will turn around soon.
It's good too see you guys finnally put a winnig team out on the ice it's been a long time since you guys have even won a playoff series 1997 too be exact

Trav
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Every year, its like "oh we're going to go for it next year" blah blah blah. This year it was "oh we should finish forth in the division" HA thats a pile of BS. All I'm seeing are guys that like to fight or get their noses dirty. Why dont they take the puck and score a friggin goal, its hockey, not UFC or whatever the heck its called. If thats what Molleken likes then he should take up a different sport.

The only offensive guys on the team are Elliot, Fiala who will be gone next year which sucks, Niemi although injured right now, Gillies's been so so. Goaltending has been inconsistent all year. Zemlak should just be given his release and they should then bring up Krahn who looks promising.

Look at Vancouver, Medicine Hat, Calgary, when's the last time they've missed the playoffs?

I've tried to be patient with this team but after last night's game when they were scored on five times in the first period I am fed up with them. Like I said before, thank goodness it wasnt a home game. I probably wouldnt have been the only one demanding a refund. Why waste fifteen bucks to watch the Blades who probably looked like a bantam team out there last nite. Yes, these players are just kids and its not the end of the world but its also a business and when a business doesnt do well they lose money and support. I know there are some loyal die hard Blades fans that will keep on going to the games but I cant justify spending fifteen bucks and two-three hours of my time to watch a team lose, nobody can.

Bocephus
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
It's good too see you guys finnally put a winnig team out on the ice it's been a long time since you guys have even won a playoff series 1997 too be exact

Very true hobster.
I feel tremendous to be on the other side for once.
1997 was a long time ago as we have seen Calgary have multiple runs, Red Deer had a nice 3 or 4 year run and we were also Med Hat's ***** for the last 4 years.
If any fans deserve a turnaound it's us.
We haven't won a playoff round yet so our confidence as fans remains very fragile. Hopefully the player's confidence doesn't mirror the fans.

rinkrat
12-01-2007, 02:02 PM
It would be nice in that time if we could atleast be competative though.

Wow,karma usually doesn't strike that fast. Good on ya Hobster and your trash talkin' in the Giants forum. dancing pi

Dwight Schrute
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
#1 why didnt zemlak get a mercy pull.
#2 what happenned to my other post

Jaybird
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Zemlak should have had a mercy pull, the tough guy crap is embarassing, most of those kids knew how to make good plays back in bantam and midget..(You don't have to get in the "greasy areas" so often if you can make a few plays), not sure what has happened since then but they all might be better off playing for other teams. It seems a lot of the players the Blades have traded are doing very well with their new teams. I am almost suspicious...why did Zemlak play last nite? I am not saying he is not a good goalie but he has not played many games this season and then he goes in net against a team like Lethbridge??? I am getting more than a little paranoid. It almost seems like the coach does not want some players to succeed and others will succeed no matter what they do. I can only imagine how bad the morale could be.....and this poor loser stuff with fighting is so last century!! I am backing the players. They need some leadership!

Bocephus
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing about Zemlak. Why wasn't he pulled?
Shots were 18-2 in the first he had allowed 5 goals by the 17ish minute mark. He was looking at the bench and had the posture of "get me outta here".
And nothing....!

Arthur Fonzerelli
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I think that Molleken is really bad at evaluating draft picks and that's where building a competitive team starts. Sure he has all this pro experience, but in the pros all the scouting is done for you. Next he takes away the strengths of the kids that he does draft by expecting them to be something they are not.

He is a dinosaur of a coach/gm and until the dinosaur ownership realizes that you poor fans in Saskatoon are in for quite a few more years of diapointment.

hobster
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Lets also not forget what he did for us. He came in after the 7 win season and got us back too respectability with 37 wins the next year we get 40 wins under him. Sure last year we could have maybe got 37 wins again if we kept guys like Rabbitt and Setoguchi but we all new they would have not been back this year so we bit the bullett there for the future. We get a guy like Elliott back from the Seto deal wich was made by Lorne. I think were going in the right direction too build for the 09/10 mem cup this has too happen were gonna struggel for sure if we want too host that mem cup.

By that time we will have a key core of players that are on this team now like Hulak and Maybe Gillies ,Wintoneak, Patterson ,Toomey ,Hamilton, Philp, Braid Belyk ,Inglis, Crooks, Elliott, Funk ,Niemi ,Klassen, Zahn, Berg ,Holtby So i think this could all be worth it if we won the mem cup in a couple years and we will look back at this and laugh. ;)

Trav
12-01-2007, 05:57 PM
he's making himself look stupid for predicting at the start of the year a top four eastern conference finish and to let Zemlak play the whole game is also embarrasing.

The Blades have trouble scoring goals, what does he do, oh we need some more toughness lol.

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Maybe Molleken is tanking the season so he can have 2 lottery picks in the Top 6 of the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft. The 2008 WHL Bantam draft is widely regarded as the top Bantam draft in the past 10 years for depth in the first round but mostly the Top 10 players who are all dynomite franchise players.
Here is my list of the Top 10:
Brent Benson
Mitch Topping
Mike St. Croix
Brandon Hurley
Colin Jacobs
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Siemens
Ty Rattie
Shane McColgan
Zach Hodder.

Lets also not forget that Lorne has listed Darian Dziurzynski who won the MVP at Ice Mania in Prince Albert and leads the Alberta Midget league in PP goals and Penalty Minutes YES YES YES penalty minutes but this guy will be a steal for the Blades. He is 16.

hobster
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
he's making himself look stupid for predicting at the start of the year a top four eastern conference finish and to let Zemlak play the whole game is also embarrasing.

The Blades have trouble scoring goals, what does he do, oh we need some more toughness lol. I really do think Molleken should only be coaching the GM thing might not be up his alley. And as for the Zemlak thing he might think Zemlak shins more on the road than he does at home and why not start him after the game he put in last saturday against P.A.

The team really could do without Klotz ,Philp and just keep Reich cause atleast he can skate.

hobster
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
If the score was only 8-6 the panic button would have not been pushed like it has with a 8-2 loss that happends sometimes no one likes too get blown out but it happends, hell even P.A beat Regina in Regina 7-3 earlier this season. Who knowes maybe we can win our next 2 games.

eye4aneye
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
#1 why didnt zemlak get a mercy pull.
#2 what happenned to my other post

Loans a post to Danno!

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
looks like another loss for those Saskatoon Blades against expansion Edmonton Oilkings! Could be back in the basement tonight after RD beats PG. Funny how the Oilkings already have a better team than Saskatoon in only there first year of play. Haven't the Blades been rebuilding for a while? I guess Edmonton are faster builders!! :clap:

Trav
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I've had questions bout this team way since last year but unlike last year, the team should be better but it isnt and that is what turns me off and also the sacrafice that is being made.

You seem to be satisfied with the current team which makes me shake my head. How long u plan on being patient?

We've never gotten close to the memoiral cup since the early 90's when Molleken was first here. We've gotten used to seeing the Blades finish in 2nd or 3rd or 4th place in their own division, only to lose in the first or second round of the play offs. Guess we're all supposed to be happy with that huh.

hobster
12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Justin McCrae has not been on the ice since mid way through the second period i hope it's not serious.Just means the youngsters have too pick it up.

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
McCrae has been invisable in the times I've watched him this year anyways and is actually a very mediocre player as far as 19 yr olds go. 17 pts in 28 games for the Captain.

hobster
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
He shouldn't be looked at as a scorer he's a great 2 way player and a great leader i think every team needs a guy like McCrae .If you want too point a finger at a guy point it at Hulak, he should have had atleast 13 goals by now i thought.

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Lets also not forget what he did for us. He came in after the 7 win season and got us back too respectability with 37 wins the next year we get 40 wins under him. Sure last year we could have maybe got 37 wins again if we kept guys like Rabbitt and Setoguchi but we all new they would have not been back this year so we bit the bullett there for the future. We get a guy like Elliott back from the Seto deal wich was made by Lorne. I think were going in the right direction too build for the 09/10 mem cup this has too happen were gonna struggel for sure if we want too host that mem cup.

By that time we will have a key core of players that are on this team now like Hulak and Maybe Gillies ,Wintoneak, Patterson ,Toomey ,Hamilton, Philp, Braid Belyk ,Inglis, Crooks, Elliott, Funk ,Niemi ,Klassen, Zahn, Berg ,Holtby So i think this could all be worth it if we won the mem cup in a couple years and we will look back at this and laugh. ;)
Do you really think you're going to be better than Brandon the next 2 years? Next year we lose Yeo, Boyle and Dittmer and one of Bartek/Erb. That's it. And we have 3 top 16 year old forwards to join, as well as 2 top 16 year old d-men. Add to that Schenn, and we're going to be tough to beat over the next 2 years....

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Granted Schenn is a tremendous player. However the Blades strength will be there two future allstar dmen in Elliott/Fiala that is something Brandon doesn't have. Curtis Hamilton, Charles Inglis, Josh Nicholls are the future of the team which is just as good in my mind for young talent.

hobster
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Do you really think you're going to be better than Brandon the next 2 years? Next year we lose Yeo, Boyle and Dittmer and one of Bartek/Erb. That's it. And we have 3 top 16 year old forwards to join, as well as 2 top 16 year old d-men. Add to that Schenn, and we're going to be tough to beat over the next 2 years....
Man go marry Schenn sounds like your in love with him. He's not averaging a point per game even so don't look at him like he's Tavares or something haha .If we do host the mem cup we will trade for vet players like evry team does when they host ,so we'll be good then.

hobster
12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Crap another Blades loss hope we can get back on track tuesday night against Kootenay

Trav
12-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Schenn has more goals then every Blades player and he's only a 16 yr old. Wonder if Molleken would've taken Berg if Schenn was still available.

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Granted Schenn is a tremendous player. However the Blades strength will be there two future allstar dmen in Elliott/Fiala that is something Brandon doesn't have. Curtis Hamilton, Charles Inglis, Josh Nicholls are the future of the team which is just as good in my mind for young talent.
Brandon has Robak and Melnychuk, as well as the 2 top d-men coming next year, so I'm really comfortable with our future. I'd love Elliot though!!

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Man go marry Schenn sounds like your in love with him. He's not averaging a point per game even so don't look at him like he's Tavares or something haha .If we do host the mem cup we will trade for vet players like evry team does when they host ,so we'll be good then.
There's a lot of love for Schenn in B.dot right now, and for good reason. Tell me who you'd trade him for straight up in the dub right now? A big, fat no one. He's the real deal, and he's going to go high in th 09 draft. Ask anyone who's seen him live and get an unbiased opinion, and you'll understand how good he is. Even Keen the radio guy from Swift extolls his virtues......

grainbear
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Very interesting choice of words when you say toughness . Not sure I can call a player who uses his stick as a weapon tough. He certainly can scrap and based on his abilty to go toe to toe he does not need to be spearing and some of the other incidents in Lethbridge that he got away with . he does not help his team with the other crap. He also has some skill and should lead by that . Blades fans is this typical of him or was he just upset at how badly we dominated them in the first period. What the word on this well traveled player .

hobster
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I actually havent even seen Reich play for the Blades yet, he hasn't been in a Blade uni for that long. But i heard what he did and i was kind of discusted, he has done absoulutley nothing since coming here no points takes stuppid pims and is wasted space on the team i feel.

SectionNDeserter
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Mike Berube isn't a heavyweight by any means, and I have watched him feed Reich his lunch at least a half a dozen or more times in the last 2 seasons. Reich is a willing combatant--but he isn't scaring anyone.

hobster
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Im not happy too have a guy like Reich on our team here Klotz on the other hand will respect his oposition by pumbelling them Reich just plays dirty.

WHL Crazy
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Blades have the biggest goon squad that I've seen in years. Klotz, philp, Flatters, Reich, Zahn, Gillies and the list go's on and on. I think that other teams aren't even scared of those guys is the funny thing not to mention that most of the biggest team in the league(Blades) are a bunch of pylons with hardly any pure offensive talent to bring to the table.

Bocephus
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
As I watched the Blades last friday that was my thoughts exactly. I was wondering where all the talent was. Did they have a serious talent drain in the off season?

Arthur Fonzerelli
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
I watched Kevin Philp play a lot in the BCMML and Bantam AAA and he's not a tough guy, he's just a bully who picks on smaller players, slashes, spears, sucker punches. I wasn't surprised that someone called him out and although a broken jaw is harsh I see it as payback for a gutless bully. Another great Lorne Molleken draft pick. :turkey:

WHL Crazy
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Lorne decided to get rid of alot of his depth players who were with the team in previous years who were hard workers and had promise. Instead he brought in guys who are 6'4-6'7 or guys that would try to run the other teams players through the glass. Players like Gillies/McCrae/Durand/Fiala/Hulak were all expected to do much more than they have so far this year and this has many people around the league puzzled.

I strength of the team's future is probably still 2 yrs away when players such as Elliott, Zahn, Niemi, Inglis, Hamilton, Nicholls, Dziurzynski and Patterson are all 17-19.

hobster
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Unfortunally these post's are kind of true we are too big right now, we need more Ennis type of players. Manchester United probablly score more goals per game than the Blades do and thats soccer for peat sake. AHH the day in the life as a Blade fan makes you tough i guess :confused:

hobster
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Chiliwack has way more promise and this is only there second year Edmonton can beat us with players they got from a expansion draft cast away players. I would love too see Lorne coach the team cause i do think he's a good coach, but the GM thing just isn't gonna work out.

Trav
12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
The Blades do have smaller guys that can look like they can score goals so thats great to see. Just hope that Molleken gives them a shot at playing here if they're good enough to score goals in this league and arent known for their hitting or fighting.

hobster
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Kirk Belyk is a smaller guy he got put on the top line last game after McCrae left with a injury and sounded fast and really good let him play more for god sakes

WHL Crazy
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Funny thing is that Belyk could probably put up more points playing on the #1 line and getting first line PP time than McCrae would give the team. I've always thought of McCrae as more of a 2nd line Center that is a good PK guy and hard worker. Not a first liner with tremendous skill by any means. Now I'm not saying McCrae isn't a good player because he is a good player but just shouldn't be used as a go to guy.

A guy like Kirk Belyk is a scorer by nature and should be used in a scoring role not 4th line duty with 5 shifts per game. Plug him in there and see what some of these guys can do. He does have speed and good hands.

hobster
12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
McCrae has only been playing top line since Durand got hurt Durand as a poor pick up as well he has really never done anything in his career i have liked what i have seen out of fiala for sure out best offensive foward at this point

booboo
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Face it the Blades are a big mostly slow team with very little offensive talent. Their goaltending is very good but you need to score some goals to win. I really don't like how this team was put together. Too much brawn and not enough skill.Who is responsible for this?? Must be Lorne M. I guess.

hobster
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Don't lose faith now we got too stick with this team look how long Red Sox fans had too waite for a championship it might take a long time but when it comes it's gonna feel really sweet. I might be 80 by that time but when the times comes i will be rocking in my rocker all night long.

wango tango
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
McCrae has only been playing top line since Durand got hurt Durand as a poor pick up as well he has really never done anything in his career i have liked what i have seen out of fiala for sure out best offensive foward at this point

hobster are you watching the same games i am?

durand night in and night out has been one of the blades best forwards. it's no coincidence fiala and gillies are struggling some since durand's been injured.

niemi might be in the lineup tonight against kootenay, maybe.

the only two things i can see missing are playing better on the road, and goal scoring. one comes down to preparation, the other seems to come in fits and spurts and has to be more consistent.

this team got off to a bad start, the u.s. road trip was brutal. now the hole is deep and they have to climb out. unfortunately this team gets feeling good about itself too easily. because of the bad start they can never feel good about what they've done, there will always be more to do.

champions never settle, they don't get comfortable with what they've done, there is always another mountain to climb.

booboo
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
You sound like a preacher man. You made me cry with your stirring rendition of what the Blades problems are. Have you ever heard of the LOFT principle--lack of f**** talent

wango tango
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
You sound like a preacher man. You made me cry with your stirring rendition of what the Blades problems are. Have you ever heard of the LOFT principle--lack of f**** talent

here's a...

http://blog.danielkenneth.com/images/kleenex.jpg

booboo.

it's not about talent. the talents there, now it has to play up to, or exceed expectations.

Tidball
12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Blades have the biggest goon squad that I've seen in years. Klotz, philp, Flatters, Reich, Zahn, Gillies and the list go's on and on. I think that other teams aren't even scared of those guys is the funny thing not to mention that most of the biggest team in the league(Blades) are a bunch of pylons with hardly any pure offensive talent to bring to the table.

a 3rd rounder, a 1st rounder, and a projected 2nd rounder(Zahn)
Riech has talent, he was a 1st round bantam pic. Flatters is a reliable steady D-man. Philp and Klotz are the Goons. Philp need to go.

hobster
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
So Booboo has allready gave up on this team. As for tonight Toomey and McCrae ar both out do too injuries and Inglis and Niemi are in.

WHL Crazy
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Niemi, Inglis are playing tonight and McCrae(is a game time decision)

Durand-Could be back on the weekend

Travis Toomey is also in the lineup

hobster
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
McCrae is a 100% for sure not playing tonight