PDA

View Full Version : Pats tame Tigers 3-0

nivek_wahs
12-01-2007, 08:25 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=52c21b28-9ce2-4e6c-ab10-641591290a3e&k=29247

nivek_wahs
12-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Greg Harder's Blog....Trading Places (http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/archive/2007/12/01/trading-places.aspx)

Bocephus
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
What was the issue with Krauss and Ofukany?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Ofukany is serving a team-imposed suspension that will carry on for one more game, and Kraus was a healthy scratch for some odd reason. Perhaps they wanted to try some different lines, as it seems that Eberle, and Kraus kind of do most that offensive work. That, and Kraus has played an extra game as it is. He came in here from vancouver with 3 games under his belt when all the pat players only had 2.

Personally, I think it might be because he hasnt played all that great the last 2 games, but I wouldnt know, since it was a road trip. All I know is he has been pointless for a couple games.

It was probably something else, but I doubt any of those 2 guys are going to be moved. Kraus is here to stay for sure, but there might be a slight chance Ofukany is moved if we bring in someone even better.

Bocephus
12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Ofukany is serving a team-imposed suspension that will carry on for one more game, and Kraus was a healthy scratch for some odd reason. Perhaps they wanted to try some different lines, as it seems that Eberle, and Kraus kind of do most that offensive work. That, and Kraus has played an extra game as it is. He came in here from vancouver with 3 games under his belt when all the pat players only had 2.

Personally, I think it might be because he hasnt played all that great the last 2 games, but I wouldnt know, since it was a road trip. All I know is he has been pointless for a couple games.

It was probably something else, but I doubt any of those 2 guys are going to be moved. Kraus is here to stay for sure, but there might be a slight chance Ofukany is moved if we bring in someone even better.

Thanks for the update. What was the discipline issue with Ofukany?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I dunno... being a dink and breaking curfew or something like that. Nothing major.

witness
12-01-2007, 05:09 PM
My guess is that both were some place they shouldn't have been during the Grey Cup celebration.

Considering that they are both 20, does that make them evil??

I think about 95% of us in Regina, were some place they shouldn't have been that night.

nivek_wahs
12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Personally I don't like to guess as to what the players were up to or what was done to break team rules... but I do find the timing rather peculiar in Kraus' case, he was named an assistant captain about a week prior to the healthy scratch and that article in the LP about him wanting to be more of a mentor. Very weird I must say.

nivek_wahs
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
So much for Kraus' A... Just watched warm up and the letter is not present on his jersey... I wonder.

nivek_wahs
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
From Greg Harder's Slap Shots....

Kraus was back in the lineup against Kootenay after being a healthy scratch for a related incident. Kraus wasn’t wearing the ‘A’ he had been awarded on the team’s recent road trip, but he hasn’t been stripped, according to head coach Curtis Hunt. It was a simple oversight that the letter hadn’t been stitched on his home jersey.