PDA

View Full Version : Trade

Scout
12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Rumors are abound that Swift Current and Red Deer are talking trade. It sounds close. I will not post who or what until it happens but i heard from a very good source that talks are on.

Scout

hobster
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
What do the Broncoes need toughnes maybe ? maybe JD Watt hmmm

CrazyGeorge
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I was thinking JD Watt as well but he's a 20 year old isn't it? We would have to deal one of Wilson, Felde, LaRochelle if that was the case....interesting to see what happens if anything.

Broncs in RD
12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I am thinking Watt or Mark Louis both would add some severe toughness. and either Goaltender Reimer or Clarke. Clarke has outplayed Reimer this year, and was word around Red Deer one was going to be moved. A back up goalie for yonks and a tough power forward in Watt or a solid Dman in Louis.
You beat me to it scout.
How about a blockbuster. Sutter, Louis/Watt, Reimer and a pick.. Curtis, Nelson, Larochelle, mcAvoy

CrazyGeorge
12-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I like that trade but unless you know something, it's all speculation now.

Johnsy05
12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I am thinking Watt or Mark Louis both would add some severe toughness. and either Goaltender Reimer or Clarke. Clarke has outplayed Reimer this year, and was word around Red Deer one was going to be moved. A back up goalie for yonks and a tough power forward in Watt or a solid Dman in Louis.
You beat me to it scout.
How about a blockbuster. Sutter, Louis/Watt, Reimer and a pick.. Curtis, Nelson, Larochelle, mcAvoy

Looks a little one sided for the broncos IMO.

CrazyGeorge
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm just wondering whose being talked about what the possible deal may be.

Scout
12-01-2007, 10:00 PM
The reason i won't print who i was told we will get and who we will trade is because so many of these deals fall apart at the last minute.

Scout

Scout
12-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I also believe its up to the team if the deal does happen to tell any players involved.

Scout

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Brennan Sonne will be going to Swifty....That is the only player I know to be involved right now.

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Can't see RD moving their golden child Brandon S to be coached by another team... Hope you don't get Louis....

CrazyGeorge
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Will there be a trade now that the game is over tonight? Various people suggesting various players. It'll be intersting what the Broncos are giving up IF a deal occurs.

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Will there be a trade now that the game is over tonight? Various people suggesting various players. It'll be intersting what the Broncos are giving up IF a deal occurs.
Well you have way too many 19 year olds, so you'd think some of them are on the chopping block....
Remember earlier on in the season I said you reminded me of last years WK's, a veteran team, fast out of the gates but plateaued early. Some Swift fans tried to run me off the forum, but I stand by that assesment....If you don't move some of those complacent 19 year olds, you start from a weaker position next season, as we did. And unfortunately for you, you don't have a Brayden Schenn waiting in the wings.

WHL Crazy
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
They do have Geordie Wudrick who is 17 and pretty damn good. Very simular players actually.

hobster
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree with that give Wudrick firstline dutie and top pp time and he could be putting up simaller numbers

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I agree with that give Wudrick firstline dutie and top pp time and he could be putting up simaller numbers
Are you guys saying Wudrick is as good as Schenn?????
And remember, Schenn isn't playing on the top line or first PP.
Schenn is untradeable at this point, unless someone is offering multiple players for him.....

Scout
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I think Wudrick is a more rounded player. A forward who puts defence first and works his tail off every shift all the while quietly racking up points. This kid is well rounded and plays all aspects of the game very well. Although scouts like offensive forwards and these type of players are more noticed by the fans in general, a guy like the Broncos Wudrick is above average in all parts of the game.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
12-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Any more news on the potential trade with Red Deer?

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I think Wudrick is a more rounded player. A forward who puts defence first and works his tail off every shift all the while quietly racking up points. This kid is well rounded and plays all aspects of the game very well. Although scouts like offensive forwards and these type of players are more noticed by the fans in general, a guy like the Broncos Wudrick is above average in all parts of the game.

Scout
He's good. But I'm glad we have Schenn, who's a year younger, fights, hits and excels in both ends of the ice. Time will tell......I wouldn't trade Schenn for Wudrick. Would you trade Wudrick to get a hold of Schenn?

d-man
12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
He's good. But I'm glad we have Schenn, who's a year younger, fights, hits and excels in both ends of the ice. Time will tell......I wouldn't trade Schenn for Wudrick. Would you trade Wudrick to get a hold of Schenn?

I'll give Shenn credit. A 16yo stepping up to fight Weise and held his own very well.

Johnsy05
12-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Brennan Sonne will be going to Swifty....That is the only player I know to be involved right now.

Interesting... He didn't play tonight for red deer... Healthy scratch? or injured?

sbtatter
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll give Shenn credit. A 16yo stepping up to fight Weise and held his own very well. I was away and haven't seen the game yet, why did they fight?

WHEATMAN
12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I was away and haven't seen the game yet, why did they fight?

Weise caught Glennie with his head down, and Schenn took offense. It was a pretty good tilt actually, I would call it a draw, alot of shots were exchanged. Schenn sure showed alot of courage in going after Weise though, Weise is a tough 19 year old, and for a 16 YO, to instigate a fight like that shows alot of courage.

*Glennie did leave the game though, I thought he may have had another concussion at first, but he did return thankfully, he did recieve a huge hit.

RV@BBB
12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
sonne just got to red deer would they move him already? and who were the scratches for swifty? healthy or injured?

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I was away and haven't seen the game yet, why did they fight?
Glennie was caught with his dead down on a clearing pass and Wiese absolutely hammered him. Shenn, to his credit, went after Wiese and gave him all that he could handle.A pretty spirited tilt that I would call a draw.
Glennie left the game with a couple of minutes left in the second and did not return until after the third started. Not sure exactly what time he came back but he was not on the bench to start the third.
Schenn got 2 for instigating, FIVE FOR FIGHTING and a 10 minute misconduct. Broncos scored on the ensuing powerplay and Shenn was out of the game until there was about 5 minutes left in the third. It was nearly the turning point of the game as the Broncos went hard for the egualizer.
Overall a vergood effort by the Broncos with a depleted line up. But hats off to Brandon as they weathered the storm and sealed the game on a nice individual effort by Ditmer near the end of the third.

ointhecreek
12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure why the would want Sonne. Looking at his stats, they aren't that impressive. http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24545
At 5'10, 179 lbs he's not a heavyweight. Can anyone shine some light on this guy?

RV@BBB
12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
looking over the roster for red deer they seem to have a young defense and they look like they are prepping for next year with their forwards. Thats if you're playing the age game. Sonne doesnt look like he would be a benefit for swifty unless it was a 3 way deal with someone else. Since swifty's defence seems to be lacking as of late I don't think their concern should be acquiring a heavy weight the team would benefit more from a more consistent defenceman. Its not a matter of another team slowing down their offence. I can't understand why they would be looking for a player from rd. 38 GA and 36 GF (avg 3 gf and 3.17 ga) with a 4-8 record for november. IMO this says swifty needs a defenceman says it should be closer to a 50/50 record not 1/3. The majority of rd def. is in their first season and the best +/- is a zero who's playing his first year.

Broncs in RD
12-02-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't see Sonne coming here he is a 20 and if we are going to get a 20 I think it would have to be a Dman. I am thinking a Goaling and a Dman. Louis, Reimer/Clarke.

RV@BBB
12-02-2007, 01:25 AM
i think a trade involving louis would be a mistake. He's -10 and although hes big he isn't a heavy weight 23 pims. if that was the case youd have to assume it would be louis/reimer for larochelle/curtis. Since they obviously wouldn't give up their other 20 yr olds. I think swifty loses on that one.

12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
You beat me to it scout.

Theres a very slim chance watt will be traded as the trade from van to red deer was im sure all Sutter making sure his players are in good hands and what better hands then your bros right?

sbtatter
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Maybe you could pry ferraro out of Red Deer!!!!

Johnsy05
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Maybe you could pry ferraro out of Red Deer!!!!

A Little bit of wishful thinking I'd say.

CrazyGeorge
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Have you ever thought, maybe it's not even Red Deer that a trade is potentiallly happening with? maybe it's a different team? or maybe there is no trade at all? If it happen it happens, ucntil then, everything is speculation.

Johnsy05
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Have you ever thought, maybe it's not even Red Deer that a trade is potentiallly happening with? maybe it's a different team? or maybe there is no trade at all? If it happen it happens, ucntil then, everything is speculation.

Agreed i kinda hope it isn't with red deer.

CrazyGeorge
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Sonne isn't playing today in the Red Deer game against Spokane. Healthy scratch? Injury?

Scout
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Your right Crazy George, a trade may not happen. I posted what i had been told from a reliable source and until a trade is announced it is pure speculation but i will tell you the name i was given was not Sonne unless it is a multi player deal.

Scout

dagley
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
No offense to all the Wheaties fans on this post, but Schenn will never be traded, ever in the Dub. He's untouchable, MVP in the making. I wouldn't trade him for Santorelli, Moller, Bowman, Fadden or Boychuk

sbtatter
12-02-2007, 11:34 PM
No offense to all the Wheaties fans on this post, but Schenn will never be traded, ever in the Dub. He's untouchable, MVP in the making. I wouldn't trade him for Santorelli, Moller, Bowman, Fadden or Boychuk
Glad to see someone else agrees with me!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I cant wait to see this Schenn kid play on tuesday. If you guys were in town already once, I must have missed that game.

Is he on the same caliber as Eberle, and Beach were at 16?

CrazyGeorge
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm curious where the talk about a trade with Red Deer came from? I'm not saying it's going to happen but when ya say something like that, maybe say it with a certain level of certainty that it will happen. That's my biggest question....is it close to 100% odds that a deal will be made OR is it just stiring the pot a little or something....I think we all know something needs to be done especially with our "soft" defense. That's stricly an opinion. I'm not going write a list of who I think we could trade or acquire....unless I know for sure something will occur.

Scout
12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I never once said a trade would happen for sure but i said i was told from a reliable source that the Rebels and Broncos were talking trade. Now a reliable source is not always 100% correct that is why i never gave a name or a position for the player in question. Also talks happen and come close only to fall apart. As for stirring the pot? I passed on a message i got and never gave a timeline as to if and when the trade would happen. It may happen after Tuesday game when Red Deer plays here or at the trade deadline or it may not happen at all but the person who relayed the message to me has never stirred the pot or passed on a false message to me so there must be something to it.

Scout

Flathead
12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I never once said a trade would happen for sure but i said i was told from a reliable source that the Rebels and Broncos were talking trade. Now a reliable source is not always 100% correct that is why i never gave a name or a position for the player in question. Also talks happen and come close only to fall apart. As for stirring the pot? I passed on a message i got and never gave a timeline as to if and when the trade would happen. It may happen after Tuesday game when Red Deer plays here or at the trade deadline or it may not happen at all but the person who relayed the message to me has never stirred the pot or passed on a false message to me so there must be something to it.

Scout
I like it when you relay these messages Scout, and I know you or your sources are not ones to stir the pot. If you here anything more, about anything, please post. After all they are called trade rumors for a reason and if people would mellow out a bit they lead to good hockey discussions. Every team at every level has trade talks, they're interesting whether they go through or not. Thanks again Scout.

Toswammi
12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Scout is probably one of the few ppl here that i would take a rumor as being somewhat valid.

CrazyGeorge
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
There are people like me who can't make any comments because I have no idea who you are talking about to even say any comments regarding a trade with Red Deer or who ever it may be. When I see "Trade" on the thread title I'm thinking "Who got traded? Who did we get rid rid of? Will it be a fair trade?....that sort of thing....maybe the pot that is being stirred is my own. I've been checking this forum numerous times every day since the "Trade" title was first put on this forum. It proves how much I appreciate the comments, opinions and suggestions. I'm in Regina and so I don't hear the "trade talks" or rumors that are going around....this forum is the closest thign to that...but without giving names or teams (that's where I've been left scratching my head thinking "What team? What players?")....anyways....when a trade occurs, if it occurs, please post!! Thanks guys and gals!!

hobster
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Scout is the man he brings us so much good information on a regular basis .Thanx for the good work Scout it's greatly apreciated punk rock

ointhecreek
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Scout is the man he brings us so much good information on a regular basis .Thanx for the good work Scout it's greatly apreciated punk rock
What he said. ^^^^^^^

CrazyGeorge
12-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Is the potential trade with Red Deer not going down or what? It's been a week or so since the thread was posted....just curious.

Toswammi
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
...maybe it was just talk and they are laying the groundwork for one, or it was put on the backburner or something.

I only hope we dont give up on Curtis yet. I am officially calling him our new David Schulz (bronco whipping boy).

Scout
12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I haven't heard anymore since when i posted it. Either it fell apart or the player in question said he wouldn't report. I don't know why it died, or they could be waiting till the trade deadline. I can't answer that one.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks Scout!!

Scout
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I know we have discussed this at length but it appears Red Deer is setting up for a trade. Read the following:

More news.....

Red Deer has acquired 17 year old prospect goaltender Darcy Kuemper from Spokane for a conditional 2009 7th round bantam pick. The pick is conditional, which means whether Spokane gets anything probably hinges on whether Kuemper makes Red Deer's roster before then.

A curious move on Red Deer's part IMO.....they already have two goalies on their roster and last month they picked up 18 year old David Aime from Prince Albert in a trade for defenceman Zac Stebner. They must be setting up for a trade of starter James Reimer to a contender.

Also i see former Bronco Andrew Milne has out right quit as assistant coach in Kamloops. No reason given. Anyone know why?

Scout

Rattlesnake
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/stirthepot.gif

I heard that Travis Rolheiser practiced with the Rebels yesterday.

Scout
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Your right. They have added Travis to their list. I think Reimer will be moved and from the sounds of the rumors to an East division team. But remember these are only rumors and won't happen if at all till after Christmas i would think. Thats five goalies now counting the three moves over the last couple of weeks.

Scout

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2007, 05:47 PM
They already had Rolheiser listed, they just signed him and added him to their roster, so it wasn't really as much of a move as the other two. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

hobster
12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Im pretty sure Rollhieser was drafted by the Blades was he not ?

Rattlesnake
12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Im pretty sure Rollhieser was drafted by the Blades was he not ?

That was Grant Rollheiser. The Rebels have Travis Rolheiser.

Grant is with the Trail Smokeeaters.

Trav
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I think a few years ago they invited a goaltender by the name of Rolheiser.Don't think thats the guy though. Might've been an older brother to this guy but I could also be wrong and you could be rite.

WHL Crazy
12-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I think a few years ago they invited a goaltender by the name of Rolheiser.Don't think thats the guy though. Might've been an older brother to this guy but I could also be wrong and you could be rite.

I think it is Rolheiser. Not sure if its the guy either. Could be a younger brother or cousin to the guy I could be also wrong, you could be right or wrong and I could be right or wrong or we could all be wrong or all be right not sure though. I don't think it is the guy now but it could be the guy or the brother like I said but I could be wrong and you could be right. :thumb: :groovy:

hobster
12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it is Rolheiser. Not sure if its the guy either. Could be a younger brother or cousin to the guy I could be also wrong, you could be right or wrong and I could be right or wrong or we could all be wrong or all be right not sure though. I don't think it is the guy now but it could be the guy or the brother like I said but I could be wrong and you could be right. :thumb: :groovy:
my head is spinning :spineyes:

Scout
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I see Rollheiser is the backup tonight and Reimer is out. Maybe the rumors are not just rumors.

Scout