PDA

View Full Version : Blew it!

Rebel66
03-20-2005, 06:39 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sutter was livid in Lethbridge by all accounts. He did the five defencemen on the ice trick in the third period with the team only trailing 2-1. He then benched the vets for the remainder of the third when the result was totally out of reach.

Fancy playing so well to beat the Hitmen last night then turning in an effort like this. Quite honestly they deserve what they got. A first round meeting against the Tigers. I wish I had rebel39's optimism about beating the Tigers but even keeping all the faith in the world I find it hard to see the Rebels prevailing in this one. Hope I'm wrong......

Thoughts anyone?

charlie
03-20-2005, 07:41 PM
well it's tough but i think this week has been pretty indicative of the rebels season at least for the past few months. some nights they are a very good team and are a lot of fun to watch, like last night and at other times...like today, well....

this weekend coming 16 teams and their fans have renewed hope for a good finish to the season...important to remember that being in the playoffs doesn't make you a contender anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

charlie

loudi94
03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Lethbridge played a good game and got a few lucky bounces that ended up in the net as well as a couple of giveaways. I have a question re: Phaneuf. He was really chirping on the ice at the Hurricanes players after hits or penalties or scrums that he wasn't involved in. Is that normal or was he just off his game today?

CatFan
03-20-2005, 07:57 PM
to be meeting the Rebels again in the playoffs. Our games against you guys are always tough hard fought games and we have a great rivalry. I hope to see many of you fans up in the Hat this weekend!!

Tinner
03-20-2005, 08:54 PM
well i guess we'll see what happens now!

Shinyshoes
03-21-2005, 12:20 PM
to be meeting the Rebels again in the playoffs. Our games against you guys are always tough hard fought games and we have a great rivalry. I hope to see many of you fans up in the Hat this weekend!!
My thoughts exactly, Cat fan. I'll be there....come say hi!

See you soon.

frontrow fan
03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I really was hoping that we wouldn't meet them in the first round as well, but here we are... It is a good rivalry, but I liked our chances better with Lethbridge. (that was before last nite! :mad: ) Anyways... I do have an observation though... why is this team different? why haven't they responded to the Sutter style? I mean, he has sat the vets on several occasions, only to have them play the same way a couple of games down the road? Previously, (years past) he's sat players, and had them respond positively to being benched, they've come back and really picked up their game. This year, that doesn't seem to be the case. I also think that Dion and Collin, who are great players, awesome in fact alot of the time, can not carry this team!! I don't think they've been playing any better or worse than other guys on the ice! Yet Dion seems to garner a "star" every game! which I haven't always agreed with! just my opinion!!

Trying to Keep the faith!
:D