PDA

View Full Version : Dean!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
This guy was horrible! He cost us the game with his moronic calls, and lack of calls. MAN! we really should have won that one... if it didnt go to a GAY-OUT, we would have won the game for sure.

We started with the best play I have ever seen this team play. We dominated every aspect, UNTIL Dean made that stupid call. After that Kootenay took over the period. We came back in the third, but faced the same adversity with a rejuvenated Kootenay squad, and a bunch of zebras on power trips.

We also dominated over time, but we just could not push it through. I liked how that one kootenay guy knocked the net off right when we were about to jam it in, and he didnt get called for delay of game. I also liked how the refs obviously do not know what a dive is, seeing as not one of the dives was called on both sides (there was alot, but we got the short end of alot of those calls).

I have to admit, kootenay played a good game, and I give them credit for that. But the Pats were the better team tonight. It seems that Kootenay gets away with another game that should have been a pats victory, AKA the pats got Byblow'ed tonight.

I hope Dean gets BYBLOWED, and get fined after this performance.

nivek_wahs
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
This guy was horrible! He cost us the game with his moronic calls, and lack of calls. MAN! we really should have won that one... if it didnt go to a GAY-OUT, we would have won the game for sure.

Ummmm.... sorry to disagree with you here, Sheldon Dean gave the Pats a 5 on 3 for the final 1:44 of regulation with a couple of pretty weak at best calls. We as fans see the game as FANS not officials who make split second decisions to make the call or not.

Gotta give props where props are due.... the Ice hung in there and give Lazaruk credit if he wouldn't have stood on his head it would have been a way different outcome. I do agree though that the Pats outplayed them in many aspects of tha game, the Ice won and it wasn't a cheap win.

Also as a side note.... I dread any game where the Pats go to a shootout and Rowat is in net.... cleanly beaten on all 3 shots (one was a post).

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
The only reason we got the 5 on 3, is because Holick was yelling at the ref. It would have normally been a regular PP. Dean was all "respect my authoritah" and then added the extra penalty. It wasnt a call biased towards the pats, it was simply an error on the ICE's part. We did not get much other calls going our way, especially in the second period.

But regardless of how you saw that call, it doesnt excuse the fact that he had MORE than a couple of weak calls, and that alot of them ended up against the pats. There were alot where the ref that was right in the middle of the play didnt call anything, and the ref on the other side of the rink did. Wrong guy making the wrong decision, typical WHL officiating. Everyone in my section felt just about the same way, so its not just me being a home town biased fan (or the section being biased).

You know, sometimes I think you are friends with all the refs or something. Being the board mod doesnt mean you arent allowed to have an actual opinion, you know. You dont always have to say "settle down, children, everybody wins!". I cant understand how you dont feel just a little cheated over this. We played like we wanted to win, and outplayed the other team. We deserved the 2 points, and even though the other team worked hard, we worked harder. The overtime is pure example of that. Did they even get a shot in OT?

I know that most people wont agree with me, and I dont expect them to, being that "its never the officials fault", and that "they are under alot of stress, give them a break", but Kootenay had no business even taking it to OT, nevermind winning the game. The pats DID get cheated out of 2 points (1, whatever)

I know that being an official is a hard job to do, and a thankless one, but if my team loses because a ref isnt doing his job right, then Im going to be angry, especially if my team was the better team in the game.

fightstrap50
12-02-2007, 12:09 AM
WOW HOLY CRAP WOW! the tears are going to fry muy computer here. You better go back and watch the internet broadcast and see the 8 non-calls in a row for the Pats, you wonder why you dominated the first? the ICE didnt know what they could get away with but the pats were getting away with lots! The ICE just stood back and watched it all go on and didnt want to get hammered with calls. And most of it would have been called the night before in Swift Current.

Oh my we were robbed, the ICE were given the game, its just wrong, wahhhhh. gimme a break and try not to be such a homer.Give credit where credit is due.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-02-2007, 01:12 AM
I feel the pats outplayed the ICE, and deserved the win, and the fact that we didnt get the win had part to do with really bad officiating. Sure, it was bad both ways, but from my perspective the pats got it at the worst of times, and more often.

"The ICE just stood back and watched it all go on and didnt want to get hammered with calls."

Give me a break. I dont think for one second that they would "stand back and watch" just beacuse they might get a couple of penalties. The poor innocent ice didnt mean no harm...please! and you call me a homer!

and watching the game live is a whole lot different than livestream, pal. The pats also put up with the exact same thing in the second period that the ice apparently put up with in the first. But, the third was mostly Regina, the OT period was mostly Regina, and the GAME was mostly Regina. I guess what I am trying to say is that we deserved to win that game and being a victim of the shootout sucks, especially when we outplayed the other team.

In other words, you guys were lucky that the game wasnt determined by OTs rather than a flashy shooting contest.

PS:

OF COURSE the ice played a good game. I am not denying that. Lazurak surprised me with a very good game, and the ICE have a good group of dangerous forwards. HOWEVER, I think the pats outplayed Kootenay and should have been the victors. Thats just what this "homer"(and currently pissed-off) fan thinks though.

eye4aneye
12-02-2007, 02:06 AM
haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha

Pats took 8 penalties, Ice took 6. That doesn't seem very lopsided to me?

eye4aneye
12-02-2007, 02:07 AM
haha
haha
haha
haha
Pats took 8 penalties, Ice took 6. That doesn't seem very lopsided to me?
ALthough the 2 chking from behind penalties are kinda disturbing...in a row no doubt. THOSE ARE BAD BAD PENALITES! (meaning dangerous)
thanks for the laff though

JDubb
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I would indeed agree that the Pats played well and maybe deserved a better fate, but Kootenay did what they needed to do and the first star was the first star for a reason. I always leave penalty calls out of it as you could pick apart every play and find a penalty against "the other team" if you try hard enough. 3 on 3 hockey would suck. I think complaining about the officiating is the Saskatchewan way though, afterall, the refs kept the Riders away from the cup for years.

I was impressed with the hitting both ways in the game. I was glad that Ross and Negrin did not fight for the seemingly hundreth time. Leffler and his line have really played well the past couple games.

If shootouts ever decide playoff games, I will no longer watch. I am not a fan, but in regular season, I guess I can deal with it.

Fight Guy
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Well...can't agree that the refs are the reason we lost, but I didn't like the job they did at all last night. The delay of game penalty when the puck went over the players bench was bull. Hunt has done a good job at keeping his cool on the bench...but I think the slow clap that got him the bench minor was warranted.

I also agree that that should have been the Pats game...but Kootenay did what they had to to win. Lazurak played extremely well also, and was one of the reasons they won. Entertaining game though.

Huge division game up next with Brandon Tuesday!

nivek_wahs
12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
You know, sometimes I think you are friends with all the refs or something. Being the board mod doesnt mean you arent allowed to have an actual opinion, you know. You dont always have to say "settle down, children, everybody wins!". I cant understand how you dont feel just a little cheated over this. We played like we wanted to win, and outplayed the other team. We deserved the 2 points, and even though the other team worked hard, we worked harder. The overtime is pure example of that. Did they even get a shot in OT?
I laugh at this man... you want my opinion? Here it is... The officiating was a WHL standard wishy-washy bad call average game. How can I feel cheated? I have seen worse officiating in the NHL over the last few weeks so why should I complain? Had the officials gave the Ice a 5 on 3 to end the game I would have a totally different opinion. I agree that there were bad calls.... just like 95% of all the other games in the WHL... but c'mon the Pats had a 2 goal lead and let it slip through their hands! Factor in the 2 man advantage to end the game and they couldn't score. No chance that this was the officials fault. The Ice wanted it more plain and simple.

nivek_wahs
12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Ice revenges earlier loss (http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=139fe477-1d2f-4969-8463-adeb35286afb)

Tadaa
12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Has a team ever put their back-up goalie in net for the shootout? I mean really - how does a starting goalie consistently turn into a gigantic pylon in net during shoot outs???

nivek_wahs
12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh ya one more thing, I do agree that it should/could have been the Pats win as they did outplay and out hustle the Ice for much of the game but the Ice held their ground and stuck around and in the end they had more goals than the Pats when the final whistle sounded.

JDubb
12-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Has a team ever put their back-up goalie in net for the shootout? I mean really - how does a starting goalie consistently turn into a gigantic pylon in net during shoot outs???

I can't remember what team it was, but someone used to do it in the NHL. I think it is worth a shot, especially since Bosch has faired pretty well in his limited shootout experience. At this point Rowat is not a shootout goalie.

Bran
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
We should've kept Tommy around so we could throw him in in case of a shootout! ;) Are they even allowed to change goalies for a shootout? I think that the problem he has with shootouts is one of his biggest issues in general...his nerves. It's just amplified in a shootout. Do the Pats still work with a sports psychologist?

Tadaa
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Maybe they can slip him an Adivan right after the overtime is done while the zamboni clears the ice for the shootout! Hopefully it would kick in while the ice was being prepped for the shootout...

higgins41
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Edmonton used to do it.. cant remember which goalie they would substitute in though. conklin maybe?