PDA

View Full Version : repik???

wardog fan
12-02-2007, 09:13 PM
any word on repik. i see he was hurt saturday night..just curious if anyone has heard anything about the severeness or just procautionary that he went to the hositpal?

Kassian
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Apparently he has a severe concussion. He could be out for a month or even longer.

Swando
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
I talked to two informed parties tonight and they both said "severe" concussion. There was talk about a skull fracture but as "blood" was coming from Repik's ear this is a sign of a cracked ear drum....if "clear" liquid was coming from the ear then a possibility of a skull fracture would exist. Word from the trainer was that he would be released from hospital tonight but Don Hay said tomorrow.

2 months seems to be the time line, however Michael was to miss more than a month with the world juniors. He was to leave for the Czech on the 10th and the Gaints give the players an extra week following the tounament. Needless to say he will be missed by our team and his country!!!!

Hurry Back !!

D_J
12-03-2007, 12:37 AM
A sad and unfortunate turn of events for one of the premier players in our league..

Get well Michal, we hope to see you soon at Prospera Centre.

Redwic
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Repik is out of the hospital, and Crowley will *not* be suspended by the league. The league office determined that Crowley's hit was clean.

Beaner
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Repik is out of the hospital, and Crowley will *not* be suspended by the league. The league office determined that Crowley's hit was clean.

Well it was. From my view it was all shoulder. Curious as to where you heard this from though.

longtimefan7
12-03-2007, 11:48 PM
What bothers me as is that not one of the Giants on the ice even attempted to make thing right. When a key player like Repik goes down...clean or not...a message needs to be sent the the opposition that it won't be tolerated. As far as Blum or Bliznak dropping them, well that won't happen (and probably shouldn't), but Schira or Mahachek should have.

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm surprised Hunt didnt start a riot or atleast a line brawl. How dirty was this hit to Repik i'm kinda getting tons of different responses dont know what to believe

Beaner
12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm surprised Hunt didnt start a riot or atleast a line brawl. How dirty was this hit to Repik i'm kinda getting tons of different responses dont know what to believe

Hunt wasn't on the ice as far as I can remember at the time.

I don't think any of the guys really knew what was happening as the play was going in the opposite direction in tight at the net. The Ref and Linesman grabbed Crowley right away to get him away from anybody.

As I said before I think the hit was clean. Shoulder hit.

I dont think it was dirty he just caught Repik with shoulder while Repik had his head turned watching the back pass.

shushu
12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
the giants just blew through town ,got to see him first hand , he's a hell of a hockey player here's hoping for a full recovery for the fine young lad.......... :thumb:

Giantsfan
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Who cares who was on the ice at the time of the hit, clean or not? You don't under any circumstances let one of your teammates, whether it's a fourth liner or backup goalie get smoked & do nothing. It was a complete blowout, & I remember Repik coming in & fighting McLaren when Brule was cheapshotted. Just because Hunt wasn't on the ice at the time doesn't fly with me. It's called team togetherness & the Giants got a failing mark that night.

Smalltime
12-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Personally I'm glad something didn't happen at that instant because it would have slowed down getting the trainers onto the ice for him. After that, well, with Crowley out of the game, what's the point of starting something? I think situations like that can turn things into a gong show but the refs did the right thing and didn't let the game get out of hand.

dondo
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
actually if I recall correctly everybody on the ice was too stunned to do anything. Repik was on the ice for a time before anybody noticed him down as the players were fighting for the puck that Repik had thrown out front. I think the moment of reaction was too late to actually react quickly enough, and they had no clue who to take on, as I think Crowley was as stunned as any of them.

He just finished his check and with Repik's head down and turned he caught him hard -- Repik should not have been watching his pass, but he was and he paid the price.

I know as a fan in the corner I was concentrating on the play developing and didn't see Repik get hit as I was watching his pass come out front. the refs certainly didn't see it, and most of the players discovered he was down after the whistle, up 'til that point they were all focused on the loose puck.

Smalltime
12-04-2007, 11:15 PM
The ref that made the penalty call put his arm up right after the hit occurred. I saw the hit and the call followed almost immediately. Because of that I didn't really see what happened in front of the net right afterwards. I just remember that it was a second or two before the whistle went and that Spence came over to see how Repik was.