PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver fans

mccabe23
03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I was curious about the pigeons flying around inside the arena last night. Do they always do this or was this a first? Have they ever effected the play? ie. take a crapper on the ice or swoop down on a player? Is there just the two of them or more? Anyway, quite the thing to see during a hockey game. :laugh:

Beaner
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Heh. They get inside every once in a while. As far as I know they have never interfered with a game.

Could have swore that Pigeon was wearing a rockets Jersey. :laugh:

mccabe23
03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Could have swore that Pigeon was wearing a rockets Jersey. :laugh:

Not sure about which jersey the pigeon was wearing but Referee Smith sure had his Giants jersey on! :p

scamperdog
03-20-2005, 10:54 PM
has smith ever called a good game

Kassian
03-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Not sure about which jersey the pigeon was wearing but Referee Smith sure had his Giants jersey on! :p

I sure hope that was a joke! Smith let you guys get away with so many B.S. calls. Especially with Palin in front of the net. He was cross checking, high sticking all game long and didn't get called for anything. In the end Kelowna ended up with more penalties but because 2 of those were bench penalties. They are lucky they didn't end up with more. They should've no doubt.

Given the power plays the Giants should've gotten, the score should've been higher than 5-1.

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I sure hope that was a joke! Smith let you guys get away with so many B.S. calls.

Joke? Far from it, my friend. Obviously we saw the game differently. Darzins gets hit from behind and goes head first into the boards....no call. Mosienko gets punched in the face....no call. And how many times does Brule get away with coming down with his stick after he hits someone? The reffing was a joke that game. And yes, I will admit Kelowna got away with a few but Smith was easily on Vancouver's side. Anyway, that's my opinion and I could careless if anyone disagrees. Have a nice day.

Kassian
03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Joke? Far from it, my friend. Obviously we saw the game differently. Darzins gets hit from behind and goes head first into the boards....no call. Mosienko gets punched in the face....no call. And how many times does Brule get away with coming down with his stick after he hits someone? The reffing was a joke that game. And yes, I will admit Kelowna got away with a few but Smith was easily on Vancouver's side. Anyway, that's my opinion and I could careless if anyone disagrees. Have a nice day.

Well I disagree. Don't even start with gloved punches, you guys were just as guilty if not more than the Giants were. A lot of your guys like to get their hands up high when they throw checks. I saw Mosienko, do it several times.

Your team is full of a bunch of yappers. All talk. Especially Palin... :skeptical

Teaps
03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Trust me...Palin could feed any Giant (except Fistric and Grant cause they are heavy's, pails is a middle) their lunch

Kassian
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Trust me...Palin could feed any Giant (except Fistric and Grant cause they are heavy's, pails is a middle) their lunch

Yeah, if he ever shuts up and puts up instead.

I've seen enough of Palin, believe me. I know he is capable, but he doesn't do it often. That's all I'm trying to say. I don't like talkers. Nothing against Palin or the Rockets, just players like that in general.

Jovorock
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, if he ever shuts up and puts up instead.

I've seen enough of Palin, believe me. I know he is capable, but he doesn't do it often.
He may be yappy, but he was number three defenseman that won the Memorial Cup last year, yeah I know what he is capable of also.

For the record if I was at the Giants game Saturday night I wouldn't of been cheering Go Rockets Go during their Metal awards. Just my opinion but I think the Rocket fans were wrong.

Kassian
03-21-2005, 04:49 PM
He may be yappy, but he was number three defenseman that won the Memorial Cup last year, yeah I know what he is capable of also.

Yet he was never drafted. Odd.

For the record if I was at the Giants game Saturday night I wouldn't of been cheering Go Rockets Go during their Metal awards. Just my opinion but I think the Rocket fans were wrong.

Good. That is nice to hear. That was very wrong. It's all right though. The Giants fans got the last laugh that night.

Unfortunately for us, that'll be our last thing to laugh about this year, LOL. :(

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Your team is full of a bunch of yappers. All talk. Especially Palin... :skeptical

I won't get into a pointless argument as we all know the two teams will settle this in 7 games or less BUT if you want to bash Brett Palin and say he is a yapper who doesn't back it up.....all I have to say is two words...GILBERT BRULE. Enough said. Go Rockets!

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM

IMO, when you have 100 fans who have been trapped in a bus all day and excited beyond belief, it's pretty hard to stop any chants leading up to the game. Having a vast number of "elderly" fans on this trip, I can say no disrespect was intended. Having a drunken Vancouver fan come up to one of our older fans after the game and say "your going to die soon so enjoy watching Vancouver win the cup" was more disturbing to me than a chant during the awards ceremony.

Personally, I wasn't chanting anything during the awards as I was wandering around buying 50/50 tickets. From the concourse, I never heard the chants but perhaps it was too loud in the concourse.

I expected people on this board and others to complain about us about something so this debate is no suprise to me. There are too many "new" hockey fans who believe "opera manners" are to be used in arenas.

I cheered for my team before the game, during the game and after the game. What can I say? I love the Rockets!!

sircountalot
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm still wonderin how Watt got a 2 minute minor for tripping...it looking to me that he just missed the hit! Any one see that missed (Butchered) call by Smith!

Kassian
03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I won't get into a pointless argument as we all know the two teams will settle this in 7 games or less BUT if you want to bash Brett Palin and say he is a yapper who doesn't back it up.....all I have to say is two words...GILBERT BRULE. Enough said. Go Rockets!

Brule has gotten into more fights than Mr. Palin has this past season. That alone tells you he backs it up. So you can't really use that as an argument.

Beaner
03-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Smith had an interesting game lets just say that.

Kassian
03-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm still wonderin how Watt got a 2 minute minor for tripping...it looking to me that he just missed the hit! Any one see that missed (Butchered) call by Smith!

Another reason why I bashed the officiating. Watt lost his balance and fell into a Rocket player (I forgot who it was) and they both bumped legs and fell. Stupid penalty. You could argue that Watt tried to stick his leg out to try and trip the Kelowna player but I had a good view of it and didn't see it that way.

Oh well, to each his own...

rinkrat
03-21-2005, 09:34 PM
ya the call on Watt was hilarious...tripping?,he tripped himself head first into the boards.haha
Then the call on Fistric, he tapped a Rocket on the shin pad,jockeying for position on a faceoff.2 Minutes! C'mon...
I knew he would try to even the penalties though,in the 2nd half and he did.
Unfortunately the Rockets couldn't count and took 2 additional too many men penalties.(nice job Truitt)

fightstrap50
03-21-2005, 10:04 PM
i know nothing about the game in question, but I sware that Smith has a personal vendetta against the ICE when he comes here too. the last time he was here, the puck hadnt even dropped for the first time of the night and he gave us 2 minutes for unsporstmanlike, go figure :confused: , its no wonder he was voted the worst ref in the league 1 or 2 years ago. hes to young or to stubborn either way he should go back to Bantam house for a year or two in my opinion, even worse than him though is Cory Mclean, i wont even get started on him!! gggrrrrrrrrr!!! :burningma

rinkrat
03-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Fightstrap50...Is that our guy Schwarz,in your Avatar? We need a WJC type series outta Schwarzie!

kelownakarl
03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Fightstrap50...Is that our guy Schwarz,in your Avatar? We need a WJC type series outta Schwarzie!

I dont think the WHL has seen his best goaltending yet.... I have a feeling he is going to be big in the playoffs. I hope Y-man is bigger..... But who knows....

fightstrap50
03-21-2005, 11:22 PM
yes this is Dawes scorng on Schwarz in the wolrd juniors, what an awesome goal it was too! I hope Schwartz just stones Kelowna BAD :evil: , but falls apart aginst the ICE :spineyes: GO ICE GO!!! :thumb:

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Brule has gotten into more fights than Mr. Palin has this past season. That alone tells you he backs it up. So you can't really use that as an argument.

When Palin was Upshall's.....oppps....Brule's age, he paid his dues and fought all the time. As a 20 year old captain, he is needed on the ice. Sure Palin plays it tough but he is a good kid who will stand up for himself or any of his teammates. A yapper...no. A vocal captain...yes.

sircountalot
03-21-2005, 11:39 PM
He seemed to yapping alot the other night!

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 11:44 PM
He seemed to yapping alot the other night!

You know what? say what you want about Palin but he's an awesome captain who's tough as nails. If you don't like him then so be it. That's your opinion. I like him and that's all that matters to me. I'd take him as a captain over Grant anyday. :thumb:

sircountalot
03-21-2005, 11:48 PM
I never mentioned that I didn't like him. I'd love to have him on our team! Good steady d-man. Just mentioned he was yapping alot the other night! Maybe because it was Smith...I wouldn't want him over T.G. though. Just my opinion!

C.F
03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
This is funny, because I dragged my sister out to this game to see how she would like it. In the third period, she says "That Rockets captain is nothing but a whiner". I'm not voicing my opinion, I just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

Kassian
03-22-2005, 12:39 AM
When Palin was Upshall's.....oppps....Brule's age, he paid his dues and fought all the time. As a 20 year old captain, he is needed on the ice. Sure Palin plays it tough but he is a good kid who will stand up for himself or any of his teammates. A yapper...no. A vocal captain...yes.

I know that. I've seen him scrap many times.

Grant is 21. Yet he fights often. You can't use the argument that he is only a tough guy because he isn't. Not anymore anyway. His game is much improved. But he still backs it up.

Palin was acting tough during the game the other night bumping into Grant chatting with him yet he refused to back it up. Grant challenged him a few times. He just yapped at Grant and that was all.

That is what I don't like. It has nothing to do with Palin or the Rockets for that matter, just players like that in general.

If you don't want to be tough and fight that is fine. Just don't act tough and not back it up. That is the issue I have with it.

And you can keep Palin. I'd much rather have Grant. :clap:

Kassian
03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
On the bright side, one thing we can all agree on is Smith is a terrible ref. Right? :laugh:

sircountalot
03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
There have been many poorly reffed games this year...but, Smith takes the cake...every time we see him!

Kassian
03-22-2005, 12:54 AM
There have been many poorly reffed games this year...but, Smith takes the cake...every time we see him!

I agree. I used to always hate Herman and Savage. But Smith is the worst by far, IMO. He was the only one I actually wanted to see get hurt...badly. :burningma

sircountalot
03-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Just about got one off a clearing (cough, cough!) attempt last game. Don't forget Rehman....Nobody loves Rehman!

Jovorock
03-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Captains in Kelowna rarely fight, Gorges didn't, McLeod rarely, Deleurme fought alot less as a 20 yr old than his previous years.

Cutter only fought three times as Captain (that I remember)twice verses Brown and 2 punch TKO'ed Woywitka.

So I wouldn't say Palin doesn't back it up, I would say he is not aloud to unless he has to.

I think it great that Brule fights, but I would tell him to cut it down. Stars can get hurt against the wrong guy.

Kassian
03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Captains in Kelowna rarely fight, Gorges didn't, McLeod rarely, Deleurme fought alot less as a 20 yr old than his previous years.

Cutter only fought three times as Captain (that I remember)twice verses Brown and 2 punch TKO'ed Woywitka.

So I wouldn't say Palin doesn't back it up, I would say he is not aloud to unless he has to.

I think it great that Brule fights, but I would tell him to cut it down. Stars can get hurt against the wrong guy.

That is true. I'm just a fan of the old school. Captains are supposed to lead by example and they should back it up if they are talking. These days that doesn't happen too often.