PDA

View Full Version : Is Myles Stoesz the real deal????

90-91
01-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Lets face it........he was a little bit of a spot picker to start the season.......but as the season has progressed he has obviously started to build his confidence up, and has started to take on the ranked guys in the Conf.
It is easy for a kid 6-8 230 lbs. (Emmerson, Chara) to come into the league and try to make a name for himself by taking on the heavyweights. On the other hand a 6-2 180 pounder (Stoesz, Graf) will find himself out weighed and out experianced taking on heavyweights at this level.
Like Mike Boyle said last night after the Stoesz/Hewitt fight "no one is going to want to mess with this kid when he's 19" and I totally agree.

upper level fan
01-16-2005, 03:53 PM
You aint going to hear no argument from me. I think in two years he will be the force to reckon with in the league. People seem to forget that he's only 17 and as i have said before he will only win out right about half of his fights this year, but he's definatly got a outstanding looking fight card. I dont care what anybody says he definatly aint a no talent hack. I see at least 10-15 goals next year for him, because im sure they will put him on a line with two top scorers next year so he can protect him. Just like they did last year with putting Desuantels on the line with Klassen and Schell. I could see the line with Stoesz, Brutton, and Horwath next year doing great things. And that would be a high scoring third line next year.

90-91
01-16-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree.......one thing that proves that guys take him seriously is that the top heavyweights DO fight him. Emmerson tried to take on Desautels their last game here and Jevon just laughed him off. Just like Boogaards fight card NOBODY takes him seriously.

Another kid to watch is Matt McCue, it's really too bad that he's lost so many games with the broken leg, because he was improving every game he played.

I agree we'll see Stoesz become a feared guy in the league, just like Desautels.

speedkills
01-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Totally agree...not only will Stoezs be a 'feared' guy in two years but I also see us having a seriously scary checking line that can score in the years to come. Then, add to that how fast and skilled some of the other guys are and this team could be REAL FUN to watch the next few years.

90-91
01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Totally agree...not only will Stoezs be a 'feared' guy in two years but I also see us having a seriously scary checking line that can score in the years to come. Then, add to that how fast and skilled some of the other guys are and this team could be REAL FUN to watch the next few years.
I agree that will be a scary checking line even next year. I'm really looking forward to the next few years.

upper level fan
01-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Call me stupid, but i can see Stoesz having 15 goals next year and Horwath having about 25. I dont know just watching those two play and seeing how much they both improve every time they step on the ice. I think Stoeaz will have less penalty minutes next year than he does this year. I think he will pick his spots more and less people will want anything to do with him.

90-91
01-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Call me stupid, but i can see Stoesz having 15 goals next year and Horwath having about 25. I dont know just watching those two play and seeing how much they both improve every time they step on the ice. I think Stoeaz will have less penalty minutes next year than he does this year. I think he will pick his spots more and less people will want anything to do with him.
I think his penalty minutes have to drop next year. If his goal totals go up the Coach (who ever that might be :) ) would be crazy to let him sit in the box all the time, but then again he might not have to fight as much anyway.....if Jason Lynch steps up and McCue and Reich continue the rough play they seem to enjoy.

upper level fan
01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Did you see that fight with Hewitt that they posted on the fight-central website? They ar spouting off about it on the white board. But the funny thing is it was from a fight last year and if my memory serves me right it was earlier in the year. And i dont know if you can remember, but the last game that Tri-cities played here last season Stoesz actually thumped somebody that surprised me do you remember who it was? Im thinking it was either Hewitt or Stoner. But not certain.

Nodak
01-20-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't think that his pims will drop next year. I think that they will even go up. Stoez seems to know what he is and that is a fighter/agitator. He knows that is the way to the pros for him. Work his ass off on the ice and scrap whenever he needs/wants to.

I am all for his game improving and hime scoring more. Don't get me wrong. It's just that I think that he actually likes what he is doing. You can't be as active of a fighter as he is and not like it. Maybe he will actually put some fire into the Tri-Spoke rivalry and put some butts in the seats on Saturday nights too.

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Actually after thinking about it i think your right. Jevon's penalty minutes didnt drop till his 19 year old year. He could very easy raise his penalty minutes and still raise his points up to. And actually I know someone thats friends with him and he does like what hes doing. And thats good because he does it well. And actually he is picking his spots better he doesnt seem to take the stupid penalties as much as he used to.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't think that his pims will drop next year. I think that they will even go up. Stoez seems to know what he is and that is a fighter/agitator. He knows that is the way to the pros for him. Work his ass off on the ice and scrap whenever he needs/wants to.

I am all for his game improving and hime scoring more. Don't get me wrong. It's just that I think that he actually likes what he is doing. You can't be as active of a fighter as he is and not like it. Maybe he will actually put some fire into the Tri-Spoke rivalry and put some butts in the seats on Saturday nights too.
You could be right....If Stoesz is anything like Toporowski his pims jumped from 384 to 505 his final year here. You wouldn't see a complaint from me if we had the penalty min. leader here for the next couple of years.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Did you see that fight with Hewitt that they posted on the fight-central website? They ar spouting off about it on the white board. But the funny thing is it was from a fight last year and if my memory serves me right it was earlier in the year. And i dont know if you can remember, but the last game that Tri-cities played here last season Stoesz actually thumped somebody that surprised me do you remember who it was? Im thinking it was either Hewitt or Stoner. But not certain.
Nice job catching that guy posting a fight from last year. I really thought that was from this year when I first watched it.
Good job calling him on it.

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Not that it matters but I believe F7 is the old seattle turn Everett fan Ferone7 which i beleive is a lady. But I had to watch it about three times to pick it up. See they were wearing there white jersey and they havent played Tri-cites at home in there whites yet and it look like Spokane arena. But on the third time I watched it I saw the year either at the start of the video or at the end. But it was funny how she responded eventually that she liked watching him fight because he fought old school straight up and throwing. Thats funny I thought all Stoesz did was jump people from behind.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Not that it matters but I believe F7 is the old seattle turn Everett fan Ferone7 which i beleive is a lady. But I had to watch it about three times to pick it up. See they were wearing there white jersey and they havent played Tri-cites at home in there whites yet and it look like Spokane arena. But on the third time I watched it I saw the year either at the start of the video or at the end. But it was funny how she responded eventually that she liked watching him fight because he fought old school straight up and throwing. Thats funny I thought all Stoesz did was jump people from behind.
You're right.......that is the old ferone 7........If you want to have some fun......post something about Jay Bertsch.......F7 will jump on and start spouting off about Ferone "ending" Jays career.......It never fails. Over the last 4 years, I've seen maybe 6 Bertsch threads.......and ferone 7 never fails to show up :)
BTW I've always assumed that was a guy........now you've got me wondering. :confused:

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 10:38 AM
The reason why i know its a lady is that SpokaneSTH off the white board is a good friend of mine and we sit together at the chiefs games. He got into it with her a like two years ago about something and she jumped on him for calling her a guy. Thats the only reason I know its a lady and the fact she never seems to give up.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
The reason why i know its a lady is that SpokaneSTH off the white board is a good friend of mine and we sit together at the chiefs games. He got into it with her a like two years ago about something and she jumped on him for calling her a guy. Thats the only reason I know its a lady and the fact she never seems to give up.
That's funny "never seems to give up" :) ......BTW is STH going to be making many more games this year after the new addition to the family?

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 10:58 AM
I beleive he will be at both games this weekend but he will be by himself i think most of the rest of the season. I also been trying to talk him into coming on this board and posting, because on here you can actually get a interesting hockey conversation on with out being called an idiot by a anymous poster or someone that cant keep the same name.

90-91
01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I beleive he will be at both games this weekend but he will be by himself i think most of the rest of the season. I also been trying to talk him into coming on this board and posting, because on here you can actually get a interesting hockey conversation on with out being called an idiot by a anymous poster or someone that cant keep the same name.
The Log In system is great........I read the White Board often, but rarely post on there anymore. This board is a great alternative.

speedkills
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
You're right.......that is the old ferone 7........If you want to have some fun......post something about Jay Bertsch.......F7 will jump on and start spouting off about Ferone "ending" Jays career.......It never fails. Over the last 4 years, I've seen maybe 6 Bertsch threads.......and ferone 7 never fails to show up :)
BTW I've always assumed that was a guy........now you've got me wondering. :confused:

VERY laughable...Ferone didn't end Bertsch's career...TOO MANY concussions did...

whatever...

I miss Jay Bertsch...he was a riot to watch 'cruise' around the scrum after the whistle blew...just plain fun watching him 'stir things up'

speedkills
01-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Agree...gettin' tired of the 'games' being played on the whiteboard also...

90-91
02-06-2005, 01:44 PM
I talked to Stoesz's dad on Friday and he said that Myles didn't fight before he got here...........pretty scary considering that most consider him the toughest or close to toughest middleweight in the Conf......after only a year and a half of dropping the gloves. He also thanked all the loyal Spoke. fans for defending Myles on the various boards. Which made me think that not only Stoesz but most guys that fight quite a bit get a pretty bad rap on the various boards for ducking guys, not following the tough guy code etc, etc, etc........when in reality most of us don't go to work and get punched in the head for a living........I think a lot of posters (esp. on the white board) should consider this when posting negative Homer comments......when the familys and players are obviously reading the boards.

rezstyle
03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
This is my first post here, but I've been with hockeyfights.com for a while. I don't think Stoesz will be a feared fighter in the future, but I do think he'll always be near the top in terms of fighting. I think he is definately comparable to Kris Graf except Graf had the threat of a knockout which I don't see Stoesz having or ever having simply due to his style of throw, throw, throw, throw. He'll beat alot of people by simply outlanding them, but I don't think that will put fear into competitors throughout the league. I think his size will always be a downfall in that department also. I have seen him improve twofold since he's been here though, especially in terms of balance. Last year he often started throwing and fell due to lack of balance. He has obviously cured that this year. I don't know if he'll ever get the 15 goals some of you are expecting, but let's not forget his best characteristic....this guy can line someone up and really put the hurt on them. I see a big hit outta Stoesz virtually every game...that's usually when he fights. I think in order for him to be a feared fighter, he needs to drop the lid a little more and maybe take a couple of fights where he simply tries to throw the bombs as opposed to 10-15 punches.

90-91
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
This is my first post here, but I've been with hockeyfights.com for a while. I don't think Stoesz will be a feared fighter in the future, but I do think he'll always be near the top in terms of fighting. I think he is definately comparable to Kris Graf except Graf had the threat of a knockout which I don't see Stoesz having or ever having simply due to his style of throw, throw, throw, throw. He'll beat alot of people by simply outlanding them, but I don't think that will put fear into competitors throughout the league. I think his size will always be a downfall in that department also. I have seen him improve twofold since he's been here though, especially in terms of balance. Last year he often started throwing and fell due to lack of balance. He has obviously cured that this year. I don't know if he'll ever get the 15 goals some of you are expecting, but let's not forget his best characteristic....this guy can line someone up and really put the hurt on them. I see a big hit outta Stoesz virtually every game...that's usually when he fights. I think in order for him to be a feared fighter, he needs to drop the lid a little more and maybe take a couple of fights where he simply tries to throw the bombs as opposed to 10-15 punches.
Great to see you here, Rezstyle

I've always enjoyed your posts on the hockeyfights.com site, keep up the good work :thumb:

rezstyle
03-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I didn't even know about this site until someone asked for it in HF.com. Checked it out and am glad they had teams separated out for chat. I'm getting frustrated in HF because Desautels gets no respect, plus I just like talking about things other than fights all the time. Fights are definately my favorite hockey discussion, but there is a bunch of other things that happen in the game that aren't appropriate in HF.com