PDA

View Full Version : Wake up

Tidball
12-04-2007, 01:53 PM
and this isnt a thread about a hilary duff song. With the injuries now the Blades are struggling. They have been playing thier asses off. They are new to eachother. They lost 2-1 in Edmonton due to a flukey ass goal, in that game they got 37 shots.

the Blades are building for the season when Hulak, Wintoneak, and Holtby are 20. Elliot, Berg, will be 18. Zahn will be 19. Inglis 17.

those players are the future, we will have 2 first rounders @ age 16 too. They are a team for the future. Next years season will be a bonus, but the true team will open up in 09/10. Have patience.

hobster
12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
you forgot Patterson 19 Hamilton 18 Niemi 19 Krahn 18 those are some other real key guys

WHL Crazy
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I think the problem with those statements are that the Blades fans have heard and seen that song and dance several times before. Most of the fans in the city are sick and tired of waiting for this player or that player to become a good player or players and then it doesn't happen. There is no guarntee that Mitch Berg, Matthew Krahn, Curtis Hamilton, Charles Inglis, Gaelan Patterson, Josh Nicholls etc etc will turn out to be good-great players in this league.
The good teams in this league are teams who have established a solid work ethic and play as a team. Every year you see players on Medicine Hat, Calgary, Brandon or Vancouver take the next step and really improve their play. Sometimes these teams have player come out of virtually no where to produce nice totals. The probelms I see with the Blades are that we automatically give our first round draft picks top line duty and top line PP duty. Sometimes teams and yes the Blades are included, have players who are late developers by WHL standards and are able to score and produce but it seems the Blades bury these players on the bottom lines and they never develop the way they should can can.

In closing I guess the fans should just be patient and spend their hard earned 17 bucks per game, plus gas and food on a sub par team who is always rebuilding or sometimes an ok team. Be patient and just wait, a good team will arrive one year, who knows when but one year!!

hobster
12-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Exactly and when the time comes that we do something great it will be well worth it. Imagine how the Red Sox and Roughrider fans felt after they finnally did it relief and excited and so proud i think we do have too be patchient. Guys with heart are the way too go guys like Warren Peters and Wacey Rabbitt guys like that care about the team and put a 110 % in every game .

ProStaff
12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
ya but! look what happened to the Riders with a GM and coaching change! Grey Cup Champions! something has to change, a attitude Change for fans/players/coaches/everyone!

hobster
12-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Molleken should just stick too coaching given the right players from a proper Gm he can still be a good coach. With the right guys brought in there's not much work too be done on defence and goaltending for the next couple of seasons.

Look at the young top 4 d-men we have there very solid goaltending18.Klassen,17.Zahn,17.Niemi,16.Elliott, goaltending,18.Holtby,16.Krahn it's all offense that need the work

penman
12-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Hobster you remain as positive as you are next year,next year.Every team has young hopefulls every team has injuries blah blah how long till the blades get playing in the top half of the Div.

Trav
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
ARE U FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?

Why the hell should fans wait that long? Why should we accept a decent team once every five years. Yeah Molleken brought the team out of the gutter when he came here but hell we had goal scorers then. Now all we see are big tough guys running all over the ice.

Give me one good reason why we should accept a so so team every other year or three years when there are teams like the Giants and Hitmen always making the playoffs, always finding good players, if they can do it, why cant the Blades? Why should us fans accept losing seasons?

I know everyone in the Blades organization wanna win, if they didnt then they're in the wrong business but why is it so hard to put out a top notch team? I just don't get it.

Now I see some good young talent in the Blades system, guys that can score. I'm hoping and I say hope cuz I know Molleken likes tough guys that he'll let these young players that are showing that they can score, do that at the WHL level, as long as they're good enough to play but I'm sure some of these young prospects are. I'm hoping that Molleken doesn't sacrafice good young talent for tough guys.

Im hoping Molleken isn't about to acquire another tough guy, there's a rumour that Elder might be traded to the Blades, hoping that's not true or else the Blades will really look like the Flyers of the NHL, guys getting suspended pretty much every other week.

hobster
12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Im hoping Molleken isn't about to acquire another tough guy, there's a rumour that Elder might be traded to the Blades, hoping that's not true or else the Blades will really look like the Flyers of the NHL, guys getting suspended pretty much every other week.[/QUOTE]

Ok so where did you here this rumor i can't see us getting a guy like Elder he's injured for one and we don't need another big body like that .

Trav
12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
which Im not about to identify, he said he heard it from some other people so it could be a pile of crap or could be true, hopefully its the first.

howley
12-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I would probably start writing letters to the office if they aquired Elder

hobster
12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
When are we gonna have a full lineup geez tonight there will be no Durand and no McCrae next wednesday McCrae will be back but Gillies will be gone for team canada tryouts and Durand will still be out so .im Thinking after the new year at some point we should finnally have a fulll lineup.