PDA

View Full Version : Darian Dziurzynski

WHL Crazy
12-05-2007, 12:14 PM
As many of you already know the Blades have listed 16 yr old Darian Dziurzynski. He is a late bloomer but teams are really kicking themselves for missing out on this player. He plays in the AMHL with the Lloydminster Bobcats with fellow Blade property Jamie Crooks. Dziurzynski is on fire right now with 15 goals in 18 games to go along with 7 assists and WHOPPING 80 PIMS which ranks him 2nd in PIMS and 4th in goals in that league. Dziurzynski was also named MVP at ICE MANIA in Prince Albert a few weeks ago with 5-5-10 in 5 games playing against teams like the Mintos and Notre Dame.

5'11

WHL Crazy
12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Darian Dziurzynski's team mate Jamie Crooks has now entered the Alberta Midget Scoring race as a 15 yr old! He now has 9-11-20 in 18 games for Lloyminster Bobcats. Not a very physical player with only 4 PIMS but has also been a pure point producer. Last season in Bantam he lead the AMBHL league in scoring with 45-49-94 in 33 games. He is outscoring #2 overall pick Brad Ross of Lethbridge in that league.

hobster
12-05-2007, 01:01 PM
they sound ok i doubt there the second coming of Rabbitt Setoguchi and Barnes was tho that doesn't come around very often. One can only hope though plus it would be better if they were leading there leagues in points. When was the last time we had a guy that led midget in points that came up with us ? It's been a long time. We need too start bringing in Brule and Schenn types of fowards not guys that are 10th in lead scoing in the midget ranks.

WHL Crazy
12-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Well it is very rare to league a Midget league in scoring at 15 yrs of age for starters. Last year was an exception with Bubnick, Schenn and Ashton all playing on the same line which helped them all out a tonne. Right now there is not one single 15 year old leading any Midget league in scoring except for Jordan Weal in BC but that is a primarily a 15 yr old Midget league while the SK, AB and MAN leagues are dominated by 16-17 yr olds.

hobster
12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
If i was a betting man wich im not i would have too say these guys don't get a shot, expecially when lorne likes too play guys like Philp Toomey Klotz etc play over the smaller players. Hopefull they can have a strong tryout next September too show what they got.

wango tango
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
they sound ok i doubt there the second coming of Rabbitt Setoguchi and Barnes was tho that doesn't come around very often. One can only hope though plus it would be better if they were leading there leagues in points. When was the last time we had a guy that led midget in points that came up with us ? It's been a long time. We need too start bringing in Brule and Schenn types of fowards not guys that are 10th in lead scoing in the midget ranks.

what crooks is doing as a 15 year old is impressive. adding guys like dziurzynski, if they can continue their progression, can help put a team over the top. the history of the whl is filled with guys like iginla who were not drafted, got listed and went on to huge careers.

hobster
12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
All im saying is don't get your hopes up, the Blades organization like too play the big powering fowards right now.

Trav
12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I doubt we'll see them play for the Blades cuz they're probably be considered to small in Molleken's eyes unless they grow. Hope they come to camp next year and impress the fans. If they show they're in the top 23-24 players eligible to play for the Blades then they better be on the team.

The Blades traded Ryan Marshall, a 16 yr old for Wutzke and Marshall apparently is an offensive type player. Wutzke is a year older and doesnt even make the team. I'll be watching those two closely.

hobster
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
As many of you already know the Blades have listed 16 yr old Darian Dziurzynski. He is a late bloomer but teams are really kicking themselves for missing out on this player. He plays in the AMHL with the Lloydminster Bobcats with fellow Blade property Jamie Crooks. Dziurzynski is on fire right now with 15 goals in 18 games to go along with 7 assists and WHOPPING 80 PIMS which ranks him 2nd in PIMS and 4th in goals in that league. Dziurzynski was also named MVP at ICE MANIA in Prince Albert a few weeks ago with 5-5-10 in 5 games playing against teams like the Mintos and Notre Dame.

5'11
165 Well he is making his WHL debut tonight he'll be our 11th fowards Gillies McCrae Durand and Philp are out of action for tonight.

WHL Crazy
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
http://cgi.bowesonline.com/pedro.php?id=21&x=story&xid=354766

Dziurzynski dazzles
The Tanroc Bobcats are growing by leaps and bounds, and their performance at this past weekend’s Ice Mania tournament in Prince Albert proves it.

John B. Spigott
Friday November 16, 2007

The Tanroc Bobcats are growing by leaps and bounds, and their performance at this past weekend’s Ice Mania tournament in Prince Albert proves it.
Paced by offensive dynamo and tournament MVP Darian Dziurzynski, the Bobcats put in a commendable effort at the annual midget AAA showcase, going 2-3 and losing to the eventual silver medallists from Notre Dame in the quarterfinal. Now 4-3 in their last seven games – dating back to an early November sweep of the SSAC Athletics in Lloydminster – coach Kent Staniforth is pleased with how his squad is progressing, and says the reason for his team’s success of late is simple.
“First and foremost, it’s plain and simple hard work,” said Staniforth. “I don’t know if we sat back the first six weeks and were in awe, but guys are definitely buying in and recognizing we have to work hard. We’re not going to beat teams on pure skill.”
After defeating Fort St. John in the tournament opener 9-4, the Bobcats were thumped by the Notre Dame Hounds 11-5 before dropping a 3-2 decision to the Winnipeg Warriors. The Bobcats responded by downing the third-place team in the Saskatchewan AAA Midget Hockey League, the Moose Jaw Warriors, by a 7-3 score. The win set up a rematch in the quarterfinal against the Hounds, a game the Bobcats dropped 6-5 in overtime.
“We went in there feeling a bit blind, but getting two wins heading in helped mentally,” said Staniforth, adding that watching successful midget AAA programs like the Hounds, the Warriors, and the host Prince Albert Mintos will prove beneficial for his club. “Other than the first period against Notre Dame, I think the whole tournament was positive in every aspect from guys showing good individual skill, hard work, goaltending … it was a positive experience for us. Coming in blind, you don’t know if you are going to be competitive or be outclassed, and I think we left feeling good about things.”
One of the brightest spots for the Bobcats over the weekend was the play of Dziurzynski. The explosive winger lit up opposing teams for six goals and six assists in five games, and was awarded tournament Most Valuable Player for his efforts.

“After every game, people were talking about him because he is so powerful when he has the puck,” said Staniforth. “His puck protection is as good as anyone’s, and he scored some real nice goals and that is what makes people sit up and take notice – they check their programs and say ‘who is that number 7?’ He impressed some people this weekend.”
One team that was impressed with Dziurzynski was the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League – so much so that they placed Dziurzynski on their protected list immediately following the tournament.
“The MVP gives both me and the team confidence,” said Dziurzynski, who has suited up for a pair of games with the Junior A Bobcats this season. “Knowing that we can compete at that level is huge. The Blades called me last night and put me on their protected list, and I’m really happy about that.
“I have never had any real interest from any Dub teams, so this is pretty cool. It makes me feel pretty good about the way I’ve been playing lately.”
Staniforth spoke in glowing terms about what Dziurzynski can do with the puck in the offensive end, but cautioned the 16-year-old needs to work on his play away from the puck to prepare himself for the next level.
“Darian is explosive with the puck,” said Staniforth. “He’s dynamic when attacking with the puck, his skating is great, his puck protection is as good as any – anything offensively, he is a guy that can get it done. But at the next level, they are looking for more than that, and at this point he is very one-dimensional. He recognizes he needs to work harder without the puck. But he is a kid that does some crazy good things when he has the puck, and he makes people take notice.
“From talking with the Blades’ brass, they also think he’s a kid who can step in and play at that level, and I really think his future is going to be what he decides it will be.”
While Dziurzynski is happy with the personal accolades and praise he is receiving, he is focused on improving the Bobcats’ on-ice product.
“The team played really well all weekend. We started to pick it up and had a lot of confidence coming off two wins the weekend before,” said Dziurzynski. “It gives me a lot of confidence knowing I can play at a junior A level and that the Blades noticed me. I’m trying to make myself better and work on my defensive play.
“The team is really high and everyone is bonding together a lot more. Things are looking pretty good.”
The Bobcats (2-8-2) are back in action at home this weekend, hosting the St. Albert Raiders (7-5-2) Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. at the Civic Centre.

hobster
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Blades lines for tonight are

Hulak Patterson Wintoneak
Toomey Fiala Hamilton
Belyk Reich Klotz
Braid Dziurzynski .....

WHL Crazy
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Doesn't say anywhere that Dziurzynski has been called up.

hobster
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
If you go to the Blades website and watch the keys too the game lorne says he's playing tonight

howley
12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
that's a rough looking lineup, not much scoring in there.

WHL Crazy
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
I bet Dziruzynski finds the scoreboard tonight. I watched him at Ice Mania where he won tournament MVP beating out guys like Brad Ross and Jaden Schwartz for the honors. He is a late bloomer and getting better and better every time I watch him. Looks like the Blades finally found a good list player.

hobster
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
You never know he's our 11th foward for tonight and in the Star Phoenix lorne sayed there only gonna play the top 3 lines for the most part the extras are Braid and Dzurzynski.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
He was sure making a good first impression with the Blades and he threw the biggest hit of the game (it was the ICR Hit of the Game) he had some scoring chances too.

I think that his performance in tonight's game should earn him a chance to play another game.

I know that he will probably not see full time duty this season,but is a good player to call up when there are injuries at forward (like right now)

I think Molleken did a good job in listing this guy,he seems to have some potential!!

Trav
12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
he's allowed to be offensive and Molleken doesn't turn him in to a checker.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
he's allowed to be offensive and Molleken doesn't turn him in to a checker.
I sure do not hope that happens,I think he could land himself a spot in the line-up next season just like Braid and Belyk did.

Trav
12-12-2007, 11:49 PM
he looks to be a great pick up, highly touted in Alberta, it's great that the Blades were able to get him to commit to the team already. It'd be great if they kept him, he's probably just as good as some of the older guys on the Blades if not better.

hobster
12-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I hink he can do a better job than Braid Belyk Klotz Philp and what Patterson can all do

wango tango
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
dziurzynski didn't look out of place in his first game. he did some good things with the puck and created some chances. he had the hit of the game. the only thing i saw him struggle with occasionally was the higher pace of play. everything happens faster than at the midget level.

Trav
12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
sounds like he did really well and didnt look to much out of place, to be honest, don't think many players can look out of place any more then some of the players that are on the team. I would hope Molleken will give him playing time this weekend and if he continues to look decent out there then keep him up there and sit some guys that haven't produced this year.