PDA

View Full Version : look on the bright side

rebelfan
12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
No one has posted here in almost a week. Have we all given up on the team? I was checking last night's scores and stats and here's something to be proud of. James Reimer, while losing the game last night and I didn't listen in so don't know what kind of game he had, allowed his max of 3 goals, then shut the gates for almost 2 entire periods, is sitting in 3rd place in the league in save%. The only goaltenders higher than Reimer are the 2 Spokane goalies(playing on the top WHL team). Tokarski is sitting at .924, Armstrong at .916 & Reimer right behind him at .915. The 2 WJ invitees, Irving sitting in 17th @ .904 & Sesmith in 14th @.905. Even Irving's GAA is higher than Reimer's. With so many goaltenders sitting much higher in the charts I am surprised Irving and Sexsmith (esp. Sexsmith) made WJ camp. Reimer seemed to have a bit of a shaky start but neither was he played consistently. You can see what happens when a player is given the nod of confidence. Wonder if he was given any consideration for WJ's or if it was Morgan Clark being watched and thus the reason for all his starts early in the season. Don't know what influence the CHL brings to bear on a team when they are evaluating prospects.
The 4-1 score last night is further proof that goalscoring still remains an enigma for this team.

Toswammi
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
He played a good game yesterday; was solid, but the Broncos missed some glorious chances (especially in the third period)

ointhecreek
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
He played a good game. The thing that hurt the Rebels the most, IMO, is the stupid penalties that Watt took. Mouthed off to the ref, just undisciplined. Got out of the box at 5:08 and was back in at 5:27. Got quite a ear full from Sutter.

SectionNDeserter
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
No one has posted here in almost a week. Have we all given up on the team?I think we have all faced the facts, that until our big sale at the trade deadline, there isn't really a great deal to talk about really, and a lot of the speculation around that has already been talked about.

The 2 WJ invitees, Irving sitting in 17th @ .904 & Sesmith in 14th @.905. Even Irving's GAA is higher than Reimer's. With so many goaltenders sitting much higher in the charts I am surprised Irving and Sexsmith (esp. Sexsmith) made WJ camp.The world Jr. selection seems to have a lot more to do with their career performance and NHL draft ranking than their performance in the last 10 games or so. I have no doubt that he would shine on the team if he made it however.

Reimer seemed to have a bit of a shaky start but neither was he played consistently. You can see what happens when a player is given the nod of confidence. Wonder if he was given any consideration for WJ's or if it was Morgan Clark being watched and thus the reason for all his starts early in the season.It is Clark's draft year, and he had played 16 or so games worth of minutes prior to this season. If talented young players don't get the ice time they feel they need to develop, they will demand a trade to another team, and I know how much it seems to bother you when any players get traded to another team. ;)

The 4-1 score last night is further proof that goalscoring still remains an enigma for this team.It goes far deeper than this, it has a lot more to do with their transition game, as well as maintaining puck possession--you can't get many shots on goal if you don't have the puck in the other team's end. A lot of these problems stem from inexperienced/poorly playing defensemen, as well as some of our forwards play in our defensive zone.