PDA

View Full Version : canes 2 chiefs 1.......................

shushu
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
not a bad game spokane looked pretty tired...wiens just dropped cowen with a nice clean shot to the chin Boogaard'd ....it looked like the ice gave way under cowen he dropped so fast................ go canes go........................ :thumb:

Bocephus
12-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Huge win for the boys tonight.

It was a nice game to watch when both teams are capable of a transition game.

I agree shushu that Spokane was a little gassed at many points but full marks to our boys as they generated multiple chances and buried enough to pick up the two points.

What is wrong with Mitch Wahl that he didn't play?

I was surprised that no one looked for retribution for our 20 year old tough guy Weins dropping 16 year old Cowan. Although Cowan was more than willing.

I was very impressed with Cowan as a player. He has a presence about him and not just from a size standpoint. He instantly reminded me of Chris Phillips as a junior. It has that "it" about him.

Boychuk looked amazing tonight. He showed an amazing determination to win and to showcase himself against other draft eligable players like Tokarski, Wahl(dnp), etc. and other top level Whl players and he shone. Well done!

When is Jesse Craige going to start getting recognition? He is such an important player for us. An absolute rock on the backend and our PP QB.

What do we have to do to climb the standings? We have collected 33 of our last 40 possible points and we sit second in our division and 6th in winning percentage in the league. 6 of the top 7 teams in the league are playing .800 or better in the last 10. It will be tough to win the league this year for several top teams. Has there been a year like this recently? I can't think of one.
Wow! Great Win Boys!

Jimmypop316
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
About Wahl, I think he was suspended for a checking from behind from last nights game against Edmonton

Bocephus
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
About Wahl, I think he was suspended for a checking from behind from last nights game against Edmonton
Thanks Jimmy. Too bad, I was actually looking forward to comparing him to Boychuk as they are both highly ranked for this springs draft.

Bocephus
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
One other thing. The ref, Agar, is a complete incompotent (insert explitive).

shushu
12-06-2007, 12:48 AM
he's a idiot and stephenson was his personal hand puppet tonight..he didn;t make acall unless agar had his hand up first...why have two refs in that case .... as for cowen i agree he is abig kid for his age and has good vision on the ice...someone to watch for in the future..as for retribution cowen was punching wien in the back of the head while he was on the ice....the chiefs more than likely let the rookie fend for himself if he's looking for it.......................welcome to the dub..........................

canes77
12-06-2007, 01:03 AM
One other thing. The ref, Agar, is a complete incompotent (insert explitive).

I think Agar called four POOR penalties on us...while the other ref Stephenson only called one...and that was well deserved (on Versteeg, who I think was benched after that penalty)...but this is nothing new here in the WHL so we have to accept it.

I notice no one mentioned Boychuk's huge open ice hit...wasn't that a great hit?! I'm sure all the NHL scouts up top took note...I dont think it deserved a penalty though but oh well, those are easier to kill I think...

loudi94
12-06-2007, 01:12 AM
I notice no one mentioned Boychuk's huge open ice hit...wasn't that a great hit?! I'm sure all the NHL scouts up top took note...I dont think it deserved a penalty though but oh well, those are easier to kill I think...

He's thrown a few like that this year. More so it seems since we picked up Wiens. He's trying to become the total package.

Bocephus
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I think Agar called four POOR penalties on us...while the other ref Stephenson only called one...and that was well deserved (on Versteeg, who I think was benched after that penalty)...but this is nothing new here in the WHL so we have to accept it.

There are three refs that I see at a beginning of a game that make me want to exit the arena. Agar, MacIsaac, and Matsuoka. I certianly was right in my thinking last night.
Also, I thought that Boychuk's open ice hit was outstanding. I simply neglected to mention it as my post was getting long.
btw, Bancks and King had a real solid game playing with Boychuk.

Bocephus
12-06-2007, 09:02 AM
To correct myself, I think it is 33 of 38 points.
13-0-0-1
0-2
3-0
right?
That is a .868 clip.
WOW.

shushu
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
More so it seems since we picked up Wiens. .
he makes the rest of the team play bigger just by being there....but lately he's been breaking up play in the offensive zone, controling the puck along the boards, and the odd scoring chance.....dyck seems to give him a good share of ice time and he i responding very well to it...his hole line is....great job luke................

O&C
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Couldnt make it too the game tonight but my dad went and from what I heard the team played really well. The Wiens one punch is a pretty popular topic around town today too ;) I know I shouldnt be talking because i couldnt come last night but only like 3000 people!! That is sad when its possibly two of the best teams in the leuge playing I doint care if its a week night or not! Come on Lethbridge.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Bocephus]

I agree shushu that Spokane was a little gassed at many points but full marks to our boys as they generated multiple chances and buried enough to pick up the two points.

Boychuk looked amazing tonight. He showed an amazing determination to win and to showcase himself against other draft eligable players like Tokarski, Wahl(dnp), etc. and other top level Whl players and he shone. Well done!

When is Jesse Craige going to start getting recognition? He is such an important player for us. An absolute rock on the backend and our PP QB.

What do we have to do to climb the standings? We have collected 33 of our last 40 possible points and we sit second in our division and 6th in winning percentage in the league. 6 of the top 7 teams in the league are playing .800 or better in the last 10. It will be tough to win the league this year for several top teams. Has there been a year like this recently? I can't think of one.
QUOTE]

I agree Chiefs probably did not have thier "A" game which was too bad. Was still a pretty good game as they are obviously talented. I am not sure we would not have won even if they played better. Surely no one can deduce that if they played better we would have lost cause we only won 2-1. We had our "A" game and were ready to play with this guys.

Boychuk played one of the best games he has ever played. Was clearly the best player all night.

Jesse Craig's play certainly deserves kudos. He is a huge asset to the Canes.

It is amazing to see how we have played and yet gain little or no ground on anyone. We are 8-2 in last 10 games but 2 or 3 teams have better records and 2 others have the same in thier last 10. We are what, 16-2 or something in last 18 games yet the Ice have caught us, we can't catch Calgary and Brandon won't go away. This is not to even mention the Western conference. Should make for a fantastic season and some awesome playoff rounds.

3 cheers for the WHL. Now if we could only get some fans out to the games and get the ones who do show up to make some noise!!! yeehoo

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
There are three refs that I see at a beginning of a game that make me want to exit the arena. Agar, MacIsaac, and Matsuoka. I certianly was right in my thinking last night.
Also, I thought that Boychuk's open ice hit was outstanding. I simply neglected to mention it as my post was getting long.
btw, Bancks and King had a real solid game playing with Boychuk.

I don't know if Matsuoka is any worse than half the refs in this league but Agar :clown: and MacIsaac :clown: are certainly in a class of thier own when it comes to incompetency. I think Agar is the worst but tuff call between these 2. Not only do they make unreal brutal calls but then all of a sudden they let 2 or 3 obvious penalties go uncalled.

That interference call on Craig for putting his hand on a players chest for 1/2 a second my be the worst call I have ever seen. Cost us the only goal we allowed. :mad:

I was totally dissapointed in Bowman's play till the last 6 minutes. He certainly showed his talent for the last part of the game.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
he makes the rest of the team play bigger just by being there....but lately he's been breaking up play in the offensive zone, controling the puck along the boards, and the odd scoring chance.....dyck seems to give him a good share of ice time and he i responding very well to it...his hole line is....great job luke................

The very first game we played with Wiens in the lineup we looked like a different team. No doubt he gave us a little more swagger. He needs to learn to get the puck out better though. He was too soft on 4 or 5 clearing attempts last night by trying to be too cute and turned the puck over in our end. He needs to just fire it out when he gets it. Still glad to have him on our team tough.

aaAlta
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I was interested to see how Spokane would go, especially after the loss to Vancouver. Its tough to make ground up against the top teams. But you are playing up there. You guys have the parts. Get it all flying at full power; and i could see you guys coming out of the east conference. It looks like the plan for this year; and next too, is potentially coming together.

HomerSimpson
12-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Anybody put the Weins/Cowen fight on YouTube yet? Wait...was that guy's name Weinis? haha ;)

Whoever it was that said Wahl was out for a CFB major was correct...he served his 1 game suspension last night against you guys. I think that may have had as much to do with our looking tired...he's a key component to that top line.

I haven't had a problem with Matsuoka before...but we only see him 1 or 2 times a year at the most. I think he's one of the better officials that we get to see.

This may not be the end...maybe we'll see you guys in the WHL finals? :D

shushu
12-06-2007, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=
This may not be the end...maybe we'll see you guys in the WHL finals? :D[/QUOTE]

we do meet in the finals...........it would be nice to see a rested spokane team instead of a dog tired one.........plus that would mean the canes would make it past the first round ;) ......... again here's hoping...................

localguy
12-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Amen to that shushu.

O&C
12-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Dito ;)