02-Apr Kelowna @ Vancouver 7:00 *
06-Apr Vancouver @ Kelowna 7:00 *

Beaner
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
:clap:

Go Giants.

Jovorock
03-21-2005, 12:07 PM
I went Rockets in five which doesn't meen that it will be a cake walk. Look for one or two to go into overtime, and the rest probly one goal games.

Kassian
03-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Rockets in 5.

C.F
03-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm going to say Rockets in 6. I hope i'm wrong though!

rinkrat
03-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Giants in 7

kelownakarl
03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
This game will go either 6 or 7 games. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. No cake walk either way.

RocketMan
03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I went Rockets in five which doesn't meen that it will be a cake walk. Look for one or two to go into overtime, and the rest probly one goal games.That's how I voted, but I certainly wouldn't put any money on it. Too many things have changed. We lost Weber, they gained Fistrick. That's huge IMHO. They laid a whoppin' on us in the last game in which the outcome meant much more to the Rockets than it did the giants, at least as far as the standings go. Needless to say the opening games in Kelowna will tell the tale. If the Rockets win them both, then they'll have responded well to Saturday night's smack down. If not, the Giants' will be riding high with confidence going back to Vancouver. The thought of a 5 game series in Kelowna's favour will doubtless be a distant memory of wishful thinking.

Now, let's get readdddddddddy to rummmmmmmmmbel!!!

Beaner
03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
How is Weber Doing by the way? I assume the typical Hockey Injury cone of silence has been implemented but does it look like he may play for Round 1 or not?

Knuckles Muldoon
03-21-2005, 09:14 PM
That's how I voted, but I certainly wouldn't put any money on it. Too many things have changed. We lost Weber, they gained Fistrick. That's huge IMHO. They laid a whoppin' on us in the last game in which the outcome meant much more to the Rockets than it did the giants, at least as far as the standings go. Needless to say the opening games in Kelowna will tell the tale. If the Rockets win them both, then they'll have responded well to Saturday night's smack down. If not, the Giants' will be riding high with confidence going back to Vancouver. The thought of a 5 game series in Kelowna's favour will doubtless be a distant memory of wishful thinking.

Now, let's get readdddddddddy to rummmmmmmmmbel!!!
I agree. The Weber/Fistric trade-off really starts to even some things out. I say Rockets in 6, with lots of close games and at minimum, 2 OT games. The Giants inconsistencies will cost them in the end. But the Bigboys know they're free to prove me wrong. Fun series coming up...... :groovy:

Chipper
03-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I said Rockets in 6 although in reality It will probably be less. The Rockets will come out focused and ready to seek and distroy the Giants, espcialy after they lost in vancover and had the west, and league banners ripped out of there hands. if I were a rocket I would be ticked off! and out to prove myself and show the league that they the best team in the league. ( but I still know the ICE are #1) lol

RocketMan
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
How is Weber Doing by the way? I assume the typical Hockey Injury cone of silence has been implemented but does it look like he may play for Round 1 or not?I know someone who said they saw him walking around and he looked fine. No crutches and no limp. I've heard he'll be ready, but that didn't come from the team's doctor. My guess is he'll miss the first couple of games at least. Knee injuries, whoops I meant undisclosed lower-body :D, can be a *****.

RocketMan
03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
( but I still know the ICE are #1) lolYes that is laughable. :laugh: ......................... Sorry, but you should know I can't resist :D

sircountalot
03-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm a giants fan...and hold out hope...but, I just can't see the g-men winning up in Kelowna. Home ice is the big advantage! Rockets in 6.

Jovorock
03-22-2005, 10:24 AM
How is Weber Doing by the way? I assume the typical Hockey Injury cone of silence has been implemented but does it look like he may play for Round 1 or not?
Just like the Kiel McLeod injury a couple years ago, different stories went around. I know two different insiders say different things. One said Kiel had Mono, the other said groin injury.

What I have heard is that Shea is ready but won't play until they need him. Also heard he will be there Friday night? So are these two rumors correct or is the truth neither of the two?

Beaner
03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Just like the Kiel McLeod injury a couple years ago, different stories went around. I know two different insiders say different things. One said Kiel had Mono, the other said groin injury.

What I have heard is that Shea is ready but won't play until they need him. Also heard he will be there Friday night? So are these two rumors correct or is the truth neither of the two?

LOL. Typical hockey injury information. I'm surprised they arent saying it is an "Upper Body Injury" LOL.

I do find it funny that he is ready to go but they wont use him unless they need to. Sounds to me like he could play but he is still hurting and they dont want to take any chances unless they are losing games. I'd guess he's at about 80% from that statement.

I would expect he would be in the rink wether he is playing or not.He is part of the team after all, and I'm sure he is more interested than anyone on how they do after all.

amisk
03-22-2005, 12:12 PM
The Province morning news paper says "Weber is resticted to off-ice work outs, but is fitted with a knee brace in anticipation of playing in a seven game series" I would love to see this world class player back, as long as he is healthy and will not re injure himself again..a knee injury can put someone out a long time..so sit back and rest Shea..The Giants will do just fine with you in the stands..sitting down of course.

Teaps
03-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Knee Brace? Honestly, are your news paper people getting their info from a little birdy on their shoulder? No Knee Braces