PDA

View Full Version : Congrat to Bridges to tie Guard

Jovorock
03-21-2005, 10:58 AM
BRIDGES TIES WHL/CHL SHUTOUT MARK - Bryan Bridges (pictured) made 19 saves to post his 13th shutout of the season as the Seattle Thunderbirds blanked the visiting Everett Silvertips 1-0 on the final day of Western Hockey League regular-season action on Sunday.

With his 13th shutout, Bridges ties the WHL and Canadian Hockey League record for most shutouts by a goaltender in a single season. Bridges joins former Kelowna Rockets goaltender Kelly Guard, who set the mark of 13 shutouts in a season with the Rockets in 2003-04.

Bretton Stamler scored the game's lone goal for the Thunderbirds in the victory. The win sees the T-Birds finish the regular season with a 43-24-2-3 record and atop the U.S. division for the second time in the last three seasons.

Mike Wall turned in a 36-save performance in a losing effort for the Silvertips. The defeat sees Everett finish up their regular season at 33-28-9-2, good for third place in the U.S. division.

original6
03-21-2005, 03:27 PM
i agree..what a solid season from bridges, a hot goaltender going into the playoffs is always a bonus...

go t-birds, from sec 111

Jovorock
03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
i agree..what a solid season from bridges, a hot goaltender going into the playoffs is always a bonus...

go t-birds, from sec 111
After watching Guard last year and he got no credit for it. Then Bridges gets no invites to WJ's with his record and now he ties shutout record.

What's next a Memorial Cup victory and MVP to boot? As a Rocket fan I sure hope not!