PDA

View Full Version : Brandon vs Blades

Triton
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Anyone have a unbiased recap? Also congrats to Hayes for the shutout, Caliguiri, now it's your turn to get one of those. Great win Brandon, keep it up. :clap:

Joe Hallenback
12-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Blades looked Terrible. Brandon was good but not great. Kid Line was the best line on the Ice. Hayes looked good but had an easy night.

sbtatter
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Most boring game of the year. Blades looked slow and disinterested. Brandon were workmanlike but very average. Clark's line looks like it's lost it's way. Probably the most boring shutout victory you'll ever see!! Best thing was seeing the rookie line back on top form!

hobster
12-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Blades looked Terrible. Brandon was good but not great. Kid Line was the best line on the Ice. Hayes looked good but had an easy night. Not sure if it would have been a shutout if we would have had Fiala Durand and McCrae playing thats 3 out of our top scorers out of the lineup. It does make a differance thats like taking ,Bartek Dittmer and Clark out of your lineup makes it pretty easy too just focus on 1 scoring line after that.

Triton
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Not sure if it would have been a shutout if we would have had Fiala Durand and McCrae playing thats 3 out of our top scorers out of the lineup. It does make a differance thats like taking ,Bartek Dittmer and Clark out of your lineup makes it pretty easy too just focus on 1 scoring line after that.

Your coaches didn't make excuses on the post game show, so why so you feel the need to make them? Whether you lost 10-0, 4-0, 2-1 or 4-3, you lost. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night, regardless of the circumstances. Your guys didn't show up to play and it was indicative of the scoreboard.

Joe Hallenback
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Not sure if it would have been a shutout if we would have had Fiala Durand and McCrae playing thats 3 out of our top scorers out of the lineup. It does make a differance thats like taking ,Bartek Dittmer and Clark out of your lineup makes it pretty easy too just focus on 1 scoring line after that.

We have had Dittmer,Schenn and Clark out for various reasons and have won games. Brandon has better depth from what I can see. Seems like on nights when Clark,Lowry and Dittmer are asleep the Kid line is reaking havoc and Fehr and Green pick up their offense as well.

Vik
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
We have had Dittmer,Schenn and Clark out for various reasons and have won games.
I think you mean Glennie.

As for the game, I liked the way Aulie handled Gillies. He even threw his weight around a couple times.
And this was not a 4-0 game. It really could've/should've been much worse from a Blades perspective. By my count they were playing a man down (17 skaters) and were obviously missing some key parts but it was still pretty ugly. They only had 7 shots in the 1st and 3rd periods combined.