PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

TwoBits
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I Can't Believe it!!!!! Listened to the game on Raider Radio, thought both teams played well with PG possibly having the edge, and then we go and score on ourselves. :dead:

smileyjones
12-08-2007, 11:33 PM
If they could make that sound like a well played game they should see if they can strike while the iron's hot and solve the problems in the middle east.

Unbelievably poor effort. Just a really bad game. Horrible. Awful. There are so many words I could have used.

Although I was pissed that PA won in overtime, it was somewhat merciful that it ended before a shootout. That's 2.5 hours of my life I'll never get back, should've stayed home and hung the Xmas lights at -30.

I'm not exaggerating. It was one of the worst excuses for a hockey game I've ever seen at this level.

TwoBits
12-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Really? :laugh: They made it sound like it was SUCH an exciting game to watch. (Maybe Drew Wilson can give George Dubya a call when they are down in the States.) Sounded like there was a lot of back and forth play. Would you have the same opinion if we had scored the winning goal? It sounded like the fans were really into it, really loud at times. What a way to take the wind outta your sails though hey? Well, I'm gonna go see if I can get my blood pressure back to normal. Serenity Now! :D

WestLEAFfan
12-09-2007, 08:14 AM
If they could make that sound like a well played game they should see if they can strike while the iron's hot and solve the problems in the middle east.

Unbelievably poor effort. Just a really bad game. Horrible. Awful. There are so many words I could have used.

Although I was pissed that PA won in overtime, it was somewhat merciful that it ended before a shootout. That's 2.5 hours of my life I'll never get back, should've stayed home and hung the Xmas lights at -30.

I'm not exaggerating. It was one of the worst excuses for a hockey game I've ever seen at this level.

Wow, tell us how you really feel! haha Give us Saskatchewanians some details Smiley. The PA play by play guy (Drew Wilson) couldn't have been calling the game you were watching. He usually calls it as he sees it and is very honest in his assessments. Fill us in buddy...please! :)

smileyjones
12-09-2007, 12:32 PM
It was very sloppy and scrambly. I see in the paper that PG has 11 rookies and PA has 10, boy did it show. Only it's almost halfway thru the season and it looked like most of these guys first game in the league.

PA guy must've had to convince himself of how exciting it was not to fall asleep on the air. Yikes, it was a real yawner.

Cyr was better, I think he might want the OT goal back. Made a "play of the week" type save as he slid across the crease and stacked the pads on a 2 on 1 (would've been in the net 9 times out of 10).

Defence is way too soft. Sagert played physical, but on the winning OT goal the PA forward (Bernhardt) dances all the way thru the zone and around the net, no one touches or even chses him, and he slides a pass out front to the slot where the PA player slides in the winner. Wishart and Magnusson stand there looking stunned.

I think that this team needs to unload some of the vets and truly rebuild. Yeah, there will be some long nights. But were headed that way now anyway, at least we'll have something to look forward to.

PGFlyfisher
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I could' ve sworn PG was the team off the bus at the end of a long road trip. Either the flu is going through the dressing room or there is a high % of the team that doesn' t care anymore. I' m guessing the latter. Total uninspired effort to say the least! :(
I hope I eat my words but, I don' t even see a "glimmer" of hope for making the playoffs this season. I' d say a big shake up is long overdue and start legitimately rebuilding this franchise!

TwoBits
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Do you think they should write this year off and get some good youngsters for Wishart and D.Tyrell. There's more than one team on these forums salivating over those two. :laugh: How about Goalies? Do you think Tommy will be a reliable #1 next year? If not, then what? Or would a drastic shake-up like this totally kill what little enthusiasm there is left on this team? Listening to the game last night, the only names I really heard repeatedly were D. Tyrell, Wishart and Cyr. Oh and Magnusson, :p but most of his attention was directed towards his freakish size.

Sput
12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Magnusson has been the largest liability on defense that I have seen in a while. Slow, doesn't skate real well, doesn't play physical, and often seems to have all kinds of trouble handling the puck. PLEASE send him back to Sweden for some meatballs and Ikea furniture!! :spineyes:

As far as shakeups......I can see Wishart being delt, probaly east. My guesses would be either Calgary, Brandon or Medicine Hat. I can't see Dana going anywhere. As dismal as this season is looking right now, Dana is the heart and soul of the team right now, and doesn't seem to know when or how to give up. As good as Wish usually is on any given night, he is seeing to much ice time anf getting wore out, making some costly mistakes. Getting Dudas back, hopefully for an extended period this time, and getting Sagart playing like he can would help out a bunch. The play of the young guys hasn't been bad, but they are still making some rookie mistakes, and they are learning from it. For the most part the loses haven't been for lack of effort, more just lack of knowing how to get it done against an older, stronger team. They are growing from it all, we all just have to be patient.....present company included. Maybe Wish going east for some decent 17's or prospects will be a foundation for the next couple years.

WestLEAFfan
12-10-2007, 06:44 AM
So I'm just curius Sput. Did you leave CYR's name out of the "shake-up list" so as to not rile up his many supporters from SK, :p or do you think he's not going to be traded? I personally would like to see him dealt...anywhere. He needs to put himself first, a concept he does not understand at all, and try and salvage his final year. His numbers are awful and I think a change would be as good as a rest.

smileyjones
12-10-2007, 10:44 AM
That's a remarkably charitible post. I'm not sure where all of the effort was at on Saturday (when you say the younger players, did you mean the 4-7 girls ringette team that played at intermission??)

WestLeaf, I agree that a change would probably be good for Cyr but I doubt it will happen. 20yo's don't often fetch any more than a draft pick (usually a 3rd or 4th) and most teams in the league, particularly contenders seem set in goal. If he were to be moved he would most likely be a clear #2, and most teams won't want to use a 20yo spot on a guy sitting on the bench. Also, Cyr will at least split time in PG - that may be better for him than going into a situation where he is clearly #2. Although, with the weight of the team off his shoulders his play may rebound, so who knows.

Sput
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, for the most part, the PA game aside, the younger guys have been playing pretty well. If you think about it though, the Cats DID have extended periods of time that they had heavy pressure in the PA zone, they just couldn't get the shots through, or tried to pass instead of shooting. Other than those couple or three times, I thought the game was a bit of a yawner.

I'm not sure why I kept Cyr off my trade list. He probably would benefit from a trade, going to a team that needs a capable back-up to make the long run. More than anything Real seems to be playing to tight, to scared to make a mistake, and can't relax and just enjoy the fact that he is playing a game in the most competitive league in Canada if not the world (for the age group). Same thing happened to Pogge when he got traded to Calgary. Pogge lost the faith of his coach, some fans, and for some reason mentally couldn't clear his mind to play. The move to Calgary saved his career. The same resurection might happen for Real, tho not likely to the same extent. For the sake of both Cyr and the rest of the season and those to come, I'd say they should trade Real and go with Tommy and Danyluk. Tommy is 19 and will most likely be back next season, and they can develop Danyluk at a better level and slower pace than he is getting now.

WestLEAFfan
12-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Thanks Sput for your honest, objective assessment. Us SK folks appeciate it.

TwoBits
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Magnusson has been the largest liability on defense that I have seen in a while. Slow, doesn't skate real well, doesn't play physical, and often seems to have all kinds of trouble handling the puck. PLEASE send him back to Sweden for some meatballs and Ikea furniture!! :spineyes:

As far as shakeups......I can see Wishart being delt, probaly east. My guesses would be either Calgary, Brandon or Medicine Hat. I can't see Dana going anywhere. As dismal as this season is looking right now, Dana is the heart and soul of the team right now, and doesn't seem to know when or how to give up. As good as Wish usually is on any given night, he is seeing to much ice time anf getting wore out, making some costly mistakes. Getting Dudas back, hopefully for an extended period this time, and getting Sagart playing like he can would help out a bunch. The play of the young guys hasn't been bad, but they are still making some rookie mistakes, and they are learning from it. For the most part the loses haven't been for lack of effort, more just lack of knowing how to get it done against an older, stronger team. They are growing from it all, we all just have to be patient.....present company included. Maybe Wish going east for some decent 17's or prospects will be a foundation for the next couple years.

If one of these trades came about, do you have any specific players in mind that you would like to get from each of these teams? It would be interesting to know which players the people from the Calgary, Brandon, and Medicine Hat forums would be willing to to part with for Wishart.

I'm still chuckling about the Magnusson comment. :laugh: