PDA

View Full Version : Best Team in CHL this year?

Beaner
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Just using the top teams from the 3 leagues...

QMJHL G W L T OTL GF GA PTS
Rimouski 70 45 17 5 3 333 239 98
Halifax 70 42 16 10 2 242 172 96

OHL G W L T OTL GF GA PTS
London 68 59 7 2 0 310 125 120
Owen Sound 68 40 18 7 3 245 187 90

WHL G W L T OTL GF GA PTS
Kootenay 72 47 15 7 3 218 137 104
Kelowna 72 45 13 12 2 215 139 104

ScottyWazz
03-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Just on numbers alone, London shows they have to be on the front line in being considered the best team in the CHL. However, you can't really determine who the best team in the entire league without them playing interleague games on a regular basis. Each of the leagues have their different entities which makes them what they are.

The Q is finesse and high scoring with little defence. They show the game in a form where if you like goals, then you'll like the league. The OHL has a little something for everyone. Goals, defence, for some reason, it doesn't get talked about as often as the Q and W, unless it's about the Knights. The Dub is like a blue collar hockey league. Every team puts on their boots and goes out and battles every night. It's a rough and tumble league with some finesse as well.

In the end, it sucks that every year, we have to wait until the Memorial Cup every season to season all of the league convine and face off to see who is the best of the best. I would like to see some exhibitions between the leagues, like the Q and O do every year.

thomasincanada
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Just on numbers alone, London shows they have to be on the front line in being considered the best team in the CHL. However, you can't really determine who the best team in the entire league without them playing interleague games on a regular basis. Each of the leagues have their different entities which makes them what they are.

The Q is finesse and high scoring with little defence. They show the game in a form where if you like goals, then you'll like the league. The OHL has a little something for everyone. Goals, defence, for some reason, it doesn't get talked about as often as the Q and W, unless it's about the Knights. The Dub is like a blue collar hockey league. Every team puts on their boots and goes out and battles every night. It's a rough and tumble league with some finesse as well.

In the end, it sucks that every year, we have to wait until the Memorial Cup every season to season all of the league convine and face off to see who is the best of the best. I would like to see some exhibitions between the leagues, like the Q and O do every year.

Well put - I think you hit the nail on the head. I just wish the memorial cup were a few more games - I think one or two unlucky bounces and the better team doesn't win.

Tom

Duct Tape
03-21-2005, 06:30 PM

The interleague cames between the OHL and QMJHL ended at least 3 and maybe 4 years ago because things were getting out of handf in terms of violence between the teams, especially the Hull-Ottawa games.

The boiling point that ended came in a Montreal Rocket-Peterborough Petes game where the petes forgot to have the anthem singers do the bi-lingual Oh Canada before the game, leading to a meltdown from the Montreal fans who had made the trip.

I also think your league characterizations are a bit off. Once upon a time the Q was run and gun, now certain teams there are, but the league as a whole has about the same scoring at the other leagues, the difference is nowhere near as pronounced as it was 20 years ago.

Later

DT

Furback
03-22-2005, 12:15 AM
good job Duct tape you are the first guy on this site to get it right about the qmjhl. London is stacked to the nuts. they added dan fritchse as a depth player this team is stacked and is the best team in the chl. I hope a wub team takes it but they will be in tough considering london makes it no matter what.

smackitsakic
03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
London Knights. Can only see Rimouski challenging them for anything.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 10:15 AM
Just on numbers alone, London shows they have to be on the front line in being considered the best team in the CHL. However, you can't really determine who the best team in the entire league without them playing interleague games on a regular basis. Exactly, inter-league or inter-division polls prove nothing. It has to be determined on the ice.

OnICE
04-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Just look at the numbers ...

Rimouski 333 239

Kootenay 218 137

Rimouski played 2 less games and scored 125 more goals for and gave up 102 more goals against.

The Q is run and gun and the Dub is grind it out NHL style hockey.

GO ICE GO!!!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!

Furback
04-02-2005, 04:40 PM
but rimouski had 60 more goals than any one else in the Q as well and the top team in the wub they had 80 more goals than. So its not as big as a diffrence as you think rimouski was a scoring machine. There is a diffrence but not nearly as much as there use to be.