PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2 @ Ams 3

Big Ern
12-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Another very successful team with great defensive strategy came out and held on to beat the Broncos by one goal tonight.

The Broncos brought the effort completely...they outshot, outchanced, and out-everythinged the Americans, but to no avail. The final shots on goal were 33-21 in favor of the Broncos. Unfortunately, whatever the Tri-City trap setup didn't get, goalie Chad Pickard ate up. He made a big mistake on Ryan Molle's goal to tie the game, scored from center ice, but that was about it. Otherwise, Tri-City played their usual game...defense and trapping, and waiting for their chances. When they do get the chance, they capitalize. That's why they are 23-7-0-1 on the season. Again...that style gives me a bad feeling about a team. I can't help it...I just get that feeling. A playoff collapse is imminent. So the Broncos played a complete 60, and played well for the most part...they really deserved to in this one. Our veterans led the charge...they threw everything they had...Dale Weise, Levi Nelson, Erik Felde, and Keegan Dansereau just to name a few guys with exceptional efforts tonight. Unfortunately, they came up short.

The difference in the game, however, was failing to capitalize on four powerplay opportunities in the first period. When the Broncos get those chances, they REALLY have to manage to score at least one goal. Keeping the puck in on the blueline seemed to be a bit of an issue for our guys tonight for some reason. Bad turnovers here and there were not uncommon either...those costly mistakes really have to be terminated. Was Travis Yonkman screened on that third goal? I think it was one he would want back...it was scored from long range, and it turned out to be the game winner. That's just too bad for Yonks, but sometimes that does happen in this crazy game. I think he is ready to bounce back.

The Broncos need a similar effort in Everett on Wednesday. The Silvertips have the noisiest barn in the league. That's a big factor, that the Broncos need to put behind them in the opening stages. I'm really sure they can do it...we saw the effort tonight.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

NOTES

-Edmonton 4 @ Dallas 5 OT!! That kinda' balanced my night tonight. I love it. The Stars played a run and gun style all game, but still managed to come out with the win. Surprising, as Dallas usually needs to play the traditional trap style to be effective. GO STARS.

-what does Dale Weise have to do to get a goal lately?? Waved off in Spokane, waved off tonight...he really could get one break...even if it isn't really a fair goal. Crazy stuff... But he doesn't let that stop him. He still dominates all around....really.

-anyone who listened to Craig West from Tri-Cities tonight, or has listened to the guy before, should know that he's probably one of the top three in this league in play-by-play broadcasters. Through all the calls going against Tri-City in the first period...not one word of homerism from him. He also follows play very well. I don't think HAF can even argue with me on that one. lol

Bishard
12-11-2007, 12:15 AM
HAF sometimes argues with himself if he has no takers.

And no Yonkers was not screened on that shot. The shot was just hit hard into the lower left corner.

Flathead
12-11-2007, 12:30 AM
We really did deserve to win that one IMO. We were the better team, but just didn't convert on our chances. I thought we took it to them all night. I agree Yonks may want that 3rd goal back, but if we would have converted on a pp chance in the first, it probally would have changed the outcome of the game earlier. Oh well lots of positives in that game to keep them going. The effort and chances were there, just need to bare down and bury some of them. Best of luck in Everett boys.

Craig West is a very good play by play guy, I'd never heard him before, but was very impressed. Probally the least amount of homerism I've ever heard, it was almost like he was a neutral announcer.

AMSRocker
12-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Another very successful team with great defensive strategy came out and held on to beat the Broncos by one goal tonight.

The Broncos brought the effort completely...they outshot, outchanced, and out-everythinged the Americans, but to no avail. The final shots on goal were 33-21 in favor of the Broncos. Unfortunately, whatever the Tri-City trap setup didn't get, goalie Chad Pickard ate up. He made a big mistake on Ryan Molle's goal to tie the game, scored from center ice, but that was about it. Otherwise, Tri-City played their usual game...defense and trapping, and waiting for their chances. When they do get the chance, they capitalize. That's why they are 23-7-0-1 on the season. Again...that style gives me a bad feeling about a team. I can't help it...I just get that feeling. A playoff collapse is imminent. So the Broncos played a complete 60, and played well for the most part...they really deserved to in this one. Our veterans led the charge...they threw everything they had...Dale Weise, Levi Nelson, Erik Felde, and Keegan Dansereau just to name a few guys with exceptional efforts tonight. Unfortunately, they came up short.

The difference in the game, however, was failing to capitalize on four powerplay opportunities in the first period. When the Broncos get those chances, they REALLY have to manage to score at least one goal. Keeping the puck in on the blueline seemed to be a bit of an issue for our guys tonight for some reason. Bad turnovers here and there were not uncommon either...those costly mistakes really have to be terminated. Was Travis Yonkman screened on that third goal? I think it was one he would want back...it was scored from long range, and it turned out to be the game winner. That's just too bad for Yonks, but sometimes that does happen in this crazy game. I think he is ready to bounce back.

-anyone who listened to Craig West from Tri-Cities tonight, or has listened to the guy before, should know that he's probably one of the top three in this league in play-by-play broadcasters. Through all the calls going against Tri-City in the first period...not one word of homerism from him. He also follows play very well. I don't think HAF can even argue with me on that one. lol

The AMS are not a trap team. Yes they did fall into it but normaly they are a run and gun team. The ref called a few on the AMS and they had to play a different game. There were a few crap calls by the ref. The worst one was that call on your guy for tripping Toll!?! Toll was behind your guy ant took a big time swinging dive for the puck to avoid a free shot on Pickard. Schmidt's hooking call was a nother bad one too. Your boy did the old trick of pinning (holding) the stick with his upper arm. Schmidt was holding his arms up to try to show the ref that he was not hooking. He should have just dropped the stick and let your boy skate away with it... Oh well... Ya can't win all the calls... :dead:

The Broncos are a fast and hard working team! I also think that your teams jerseys are just too damn cool!!! :thumb:

As far as Craig West... We have felt that he is one of the best in the WHL for years! No BS! He tells it like it is!!! If the AMS play like crap he says it. If the reffing is bad he says it. He gives credit where credit is due... He has worked for Tri, Spokane, and Vancouver that I know of and has called over 1000 WHL games. He was calling Spo when they took the Mem. Cup...

Scout
12-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Broncos edged by Americans
The Southwest Booster

Tri-City Americans forward Blair Macaulay ended an 11-game scoring drought at the wrong time for the Swift Current Broncos.
Macaulay scored his second goal of the night with 5:10 left in regulation to lift the host Americans to a 3-2 win over the Broncos.
Swift Current is now 1-2 during their six-game road swing which ends their pre-Christmas schedule.
Macaulay had earlier scored the lone goal of the opening period when he collected a shorthanded goal on Broncos netminder Travis Yonkman.
The Broncos evened the score at 1-1 just three minutes into the middle period on a powerplay goal from import forward David Stieler, who now has 10 goals on the season.
Only 1:58 later Tri-City regained their one-goal lead when Kruise Reddick extended his point scoring streak to eight game with his 16th goal of the season.
In the final period Ryan Molle was credited with his second goal of the year, and his unassisted marker tied the game at 2-2 with 7:49 left in regulation.
Americans goalie Chet Pickard is 18-5-1-0 on the season after turning aside 33 of 35 shots.
Yonkman stopped 21 of 24 shots in the loss.
The Broncos held a 22-14 edge in shots after two periods and they ended the game with a 35-24 shot margin.
Swift Current went two for six on the powerplay, while Tri-City failed to score on either of their man advantage chances.
Tri-City remains comfortably in second place in the U.S. Division at 22-7-1-0, with Swift Current holding onto third place in the East Division with a 17-11-0-5 record, just one point ahead of the Moose Jaw Warriors who hold two games in hand.
Swift Current's next game is on Wednesday in Everett where the Broncos will be looking for their first win on American soil during this road trip.

Big Ern
12-11-2007, 07:30 AM
The AMS are not a trap team. Yes they did fall into it but normaly they are a run and gun team.

To me, it just seems like they wait, and wait, and wait......... And when they get the chance, they rush.

HAF
12-11-2007, 09:48 AM
The Ams arent a trap style team at all. What you saw tonight was a team rattled by the officiating and taken off thier game. Hell, they lead the league in short handed goals this year. Trap style teams do not score too many shorties. I was impressed with the Broncos tonight as well. A good mix of speed and grit and also one of the best passing teams I've seen this year. Good luck in Everett!!!

Ern, We love Craig West here in Tri. Not too many better in my opinion. Just wait till the Everett game, Even Mike Boyle sounds good compared to that guy.

HAF
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
HAF sometimes argues with himself if he has no takers.

Hell Bishard, I'd argue with you more often if you ever had real issues to debate. Quite honestly though, I dont care who the hottest Backstreet Boy is or why you think they should bring back the show Beverly Hills 90210.

......just funnin ya big guy......

ointhecreek
12-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think Tri won it so much as we lost it. Once again the defense leaves their position with no-one to cover. They are doing it way to often at the wrong times and are giving up a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways. We should have won this game and it got away from us again.

wheels1
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Pickard made some huge saves to keep the AM's in this one. Swift Current played well last night. The officiating in this game last night was the worst I have seen in a while. It was bad both ways Skilliter made some calls that took away momentum from both teams.

AMSRocker
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
To me, it just seems like they wait, and wait, and wait......... And when they get the chance, they rush.

Talk about a trap team!!! They live for the PP.

On the Tips look for Zach Hamill and David Beach along with Irving in the net.
Hamill is the real deal! This kid has a great shot and can see the play very well!
Beach.......Oh Beach...... He has more raw tallent then any other player his age and nothing between the ears!!!!!! Cheep shots & diving are his two biggest tricks.
Irving has the ability to rob a game from a better team!

:burningma BRONCOS BEAT THEM TIPS!!!!!! :burningma

HAF
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I think Hamill and Irving have already left for WJ camp. HeeHeeHee..... They will be gone on Friday against us too!!!!

Toswammi
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I think Hamill and Irving have already left for WJ camp. HeeHeeHee..... They will be gone on Friday against us too!!!!

INDEED

AMSRocker
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Talk about a feeding frenzy! With Irving and Hamill gone they are in deep trouble! They were the reasons that we have lost to them 3 times!!! With out them Beach will be a easy targt!!! :evil:

I'm more then sure that the Broncos will win their game in Everett! If they bring the game that they did here in Tri look for two points going east... punk rock