PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 10

localguy
12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
So... Dec. 10th as come and gone, no word of any trades as of yet. Will Roy stick to his guns? He claimed he would have the team he wanted in place by this time, so we'll see. I think where we are at right now will take us deep in the playoffs. A championship? Maybe, even though that should be a goal evrey year, I am not sure we are capable this year. We have the talent, but little playoff experience. I am excited to see this team when they do step it up to playoff hockey. I am a little ahead of myself, but there is no reason why wewon;t be in the playoffs, or in the hunt for a division title. Wait, there's that one thing, pur awful pp. I don;t understand why we would introduce a new pp, in the middle of a rad trip without a chane to practise it. Looked terrible in Edm. and worse against Moose Jaw. Dick was going on and on about this "new look" pp, and it looked worse than the old one.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
So... Dec. 10th as come and gone, no word of any trades as of yet. Will Roy stick to his guns? He claimed he would have the team he wanted in place by this time, so we'll see. I think where we are at right now will take us deep in the playoffs. A championship? Maybe, even though that should be a goal evrey year, I am not sure we are capable this year. We have the talent, but little playoff experience. I am excited to see this team when they do step it up to playoff hockey. I am a little ahead of myself, but there is no reason why wewon;t be in the playoffs, or in the hunt for a division title. Wait, there's that one thing, pur awful pp. I don;t understand why we would introduce a new pp, in the middle of a rad trip without a chane to practise it. Looked terrible in Edm. and worse against Moose Jaw. Dick was going on and on about this "new look" pp, and it looked worse than the old one.

Stasiuk sounded like he was pretty much done on the radio show last night. Never say never, but I think they are very happy with what they have. It sems they are still gearing for a run at it all "next year". Not that they don't think they have a shot at it this year.

Bocephus
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I can see Calgary selling out to go for it this year and that makes me hope that we do nothing as Brandon and Regina would be our biggest threat next year and we would still have pieces to garner big names in return instead of rentals this year and having nothing for sale next year. Let Calgary cleanse their organization for the Wisharts and Tyrells and next year we will be that big fish seeker. I don't see us losing to many pieces this offseason. Our 20's are not integral pieces, Fadden may be back, Wright should be back, Maniago should be back. Everyone will be a year older and better with the playoff experience.
I worry about Brandon next year though. They have good young talent in the mix.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I can see Calgary selling out to go for it this year and that makes me hope that we do nothing as Brandon and Regina would be our biggest threat next year and we would still have pieces to garner big names in return instead of rentals this year and having nothing for sale next year. Let Calgary cleanse their organization for the Wisharts and Tyrells and next year we will be that big fish seeker. I don't see us losing to many pieces this offseason. Our 20's are not integral pieces, Fadden may be back, Wright should be back, Maniago should be back. Everyone will be a year older and better with the playoff experience.
I worry about Brandon next year though. They have good young talent in the mix.

I would luv to see all 3 back. Manny I think for sure but Fadden I highly doubt it. He will probably play in the AHL next year. Wright I don't know. Do you think he will be back and not in the AHL?

Bocephus
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Wright may be in the ECHL! ;)

canes77
12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I would luv to see all 3 back. Manny I think for sure but Fadden I highly doubt it. He will probably play in the AHL next year. Wright I don't know. Do you think he will be back and not in the AHL?

I dont think Wright or Fadden will be back next yr, they are both drafted and usually that means playing in the AHL at age 20...unless you've not progressed since draft day, but these two have improved for sure. But not too worry, we have enough 19 yr olds this yr to leave us with 3 decent overages next yr.

As for the Dec 10 deadline...I think unless a huge offer is offered to Roy, that this team is set...although personally, I dont feel we have a goalie who can take us deep into the playoffs. Portland and even Red Deer's goalie come to mind :D

Bocephus
12-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I dont think Wright or Fadden will be back next yr, they are both drafted and usually that means playing in the AHL at age 20...unless you've not progressed since draft day, but these two have improved for sure. But not too worry, we have enough 19 yr olds this yr to leave us with 3 decent overages next yr.

As for the Dec 10 deadline...I think unless a huge offer is offered to Roy, that this team is set...although personally, I dont feel we have a goalie who can take us deep into the playoffs. Portland and even Red Deer's goalie come to mind :D

Who is a 19 this year?
Fadden
Maniago
Wright
Chorneyko
MacDonald
Versteeg
Am I forgetting any?

localguy
12-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Who is a 19 this year?
Fadden
Maniago
Wright
Chorneyko
MacDonald
Versteeg
Am I forgetting any?

that's all of them. of the 6, I agree, fadden and Benny will be gone next year. of the four remainng, i see manny being the odd man out, possibly Macdonald, but I think juha is being groomed to be the starter next year, and having two 20 yr old d-men will be good for our blue line. Regardless of what happens next year, I think we will make a good run this year, anything can happen in a 7 game series, hopefully we don;t get teh Oil Kings in the first round though haha.