PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon/Lethbridge Major Trade talk...

WHL Crazy
12-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Has Justin McCrae played his final game in a Blades uni? Many of you will be likely very upset to know that is a distinct possibility. How could the Blades trade their captain???? Anyways, some major rumblings on the Lethbridge side of things suggesting they are close to acquiring or have acquired Blades Center/Captain Justin McCrae. Here is how it shakes down as 3 players and a high pick will be changing ways. Nothing posted yet anywhere and Saskatoon is tight lipped. This comes from a good source and many of these fall apart at the last second so keep that in mind here

To Lethbridge
19 yr old JUSTIN MCCRAE
Saskatoon's 1st round pick via Prince George

To Saskatoon
16 yr old CARTER ASHTON
18 yr old CARTER BANCKS

witness
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Carter Ashton is a huge talent.

If this trade comes through then I would think that the Blades would be a big seller at the trade deadline.

WHL Crazy
12-12-2007, 01:22 PM
What makes me believe that it WON'T happen is that Lorne has made it very clear that he won't part with the 1st round pick. So I think the players in the deal will be adjusted. I could see Ashton for McCrae + a little something but time will tell. Those are the principals inthe deal though.

hobster
12-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I can't see it happening McCrae is hurt he will be back after christmas and will be back next year as our 20 year old captain. If we traded McCrae away that leaves us with Reich and Klotz as our 20,s next year thats why i can't see it happening.

wardog fan
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
i think this is just a huge rumor. i cant see lethbridge making a deal for a center which the top three scorers on their team are centers. and to give up 2 young talented players to me is ridiculious... mcrae is decent but would be merely a 4th liner on lethbridge right now.

moon
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
i think this is just a huge rumor. i cant see lethbridge making a deal for a center which the top three scorers on their team are centers. and to give up 2 young talented players to me is ridiculious... mcrae is decent but would be merely a 4th liner on lethbridge right now.

Only Fadden actually plays center for the Canes so that wouldn't be too big an issue but it seems like a lot to give up for Mcrae. I guess the pick coming back should be good but considering we are ready to compete for the next three years it doesn't make sense to add picks at the expense of guys who can help now.

wardog fan
12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
ya my point exactly. mcrae to me on any other team is a 3rd and 4th line at best .. and lethbrdge to give up two talented kids is absurd to me at this point when then can use those two kids for something better at a area they need to improve, and for saskatoon to give a 1st rounder right now when they need alot and being a very good draft class , doesnt make sense to me at all.lol

hobster
12-12-2007, 03:53 PM
It has too be a bogus rumor. McCrae is our second line centerman and he will be our captain and first line centerman next year, were not gonna trade him and only have Klotz and Reich as our 20,s lol, bad rumor.

howley
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think it's crazy at all. Lethbridge is a good enough to gear up for a pretty solid playoff run. Mccrae would be a very solid addition to that team. He'd help out their special teams, especially the PK, which is currently sitting at a non impressive 16th. The PP is no better at 18th. I think he would thrive there as they would depend more on his 2 way play and defensive ability where as in Saskatoon they are expecting him to put up massive numbers. In return the Blades get a solid scoring winger (which the Blades have maybe 1.5 of those total) in Bancks who has another year or two left in the league and projected superstar Carter Ashton.

Giving up the first rd is a tough one to swallow but at the same time. These players would help us in the, already hyped, 09-10 season where as that 1st rd player would not be quite as big of an asset during that season.

I wouldn't worry about Klotz and Reich being the OA's either. Who were the Blades OA's going into this season? None. Durand, Fiala, Flatters, Patterson, Kaye are all players who have occupied that spot. In other words there are always a few to go around, the spots would be filled with the right players.

I echo what "witness" said. This would make the Blades sellers. Klotz would be moved IMO. (if someone wanted him) It could even spell the end of Colton Gillies in a Blades uni as next season will, without a doubt, be his last season in the dub.

Rattlesnake
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
It has too be a bogus rumor. ........, were not gonna trade him and only have Klotz and Reich as our 20,s lol, bad rumor.

That's twice you've used the same argument. There is a lot of time between now and next October to change that.

Trav
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
but wouldn't have a problem with that trade at all.

hobster
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
ya my point exactly. mcrae to me on any other team is a 3rd and 4th line at best .. and lethbrdge to give up two talented kids is absurd to me at this point when then can use those two kids for something better at a area they need to improve, and for saskatoon to give a 1st rounder right now when they need alot and being a very good draft class , doesnt make sense to me at all.lol
Thats a little harsh 3rd or 4th line on any team no way. McCrae i think is a very respectable second liner on any WHL team

grainbear
12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Not saying this trade won,t happen but not with a lot more being give by Saskatoon. Stasiuk will only do a deal if it benefits the club now and down the road and this certainly does not help down the road

howley
12-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Not saying this trade won,t happen but not with a lot more being give by Saskatoon. Stasiuk will only do a deal if it benefits the club now and down the road and this certainly does not help down the road

1st rd pick doesn't help down the road?

wango tango
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
i don't know if the 1993 age group is considered good or not, but right now the blades with both their pick and the cougars first pick could have two picks in the top 10 or higher. unless the deal is absolutely unbelievable i don't think molleken will part with either 1st round pick.

the blades also have two picks in the 2nd round. would they pair one of those with a player?

i'm guessing mccrae and gillies are the players other teams are asking about most.

hobster
12-13-2007, 12:27 PM
i don't know if the 1993 age group is considered good or not, but right now the blades with both their pick and the cougars first pick could have two picks in the top 10 or higher. unless the deal is absolutely unbelievable i don't think molleken will part with either 1st round pick.

the blades also have two picks in the 2nd round. would they pair one of those with a player?

i'm guessing mccrae and gillies are the players other teams are asking about most.
The 1993 age group is supose too be the best that it has been since the mid 90,s

WHL Crazy
12-13-2007, 01:15 PM
As for the trade rumour...I believe it was stated that it is just that, a RUMOUR. Nothing has happened as of yet and I put in my own post that I doubted the validity of the rumour. It is fun to speculate every now and then though isn't it?

And for all the people who are wondering about this draft....Yes scouts are very excited especially about the top 10-15 prospects in this draft. It is rare that a draft like this comes along but talking to many other scouts and they believe this is the best draft perhaps in 10 years atleast and will be better than the draft that included Brule, Bertram, Setoguchi, McArdle, Price, Durand, Gauthier as the top 7 which is almost hard to believe.

Take care all.

localguy
12-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree. I think this is wishful thinking. We don't need help at forward, even with our average special teams, we are fine. If you had a good goalie to offer or something like that maybe, but Banks is our hardest working player night in and night out, and Ashton is a big part of the future here. I would be shocked if there were any truth behind this trade, because it makes no sense to me. :clown:

Tidball
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I agree. I think this is wishful thinking. We don't need help at forward, even with our average special teams, we are fine. If you had a good goalie to offer or something like that maybe, but Banks is our hardest working player night in and night out, and Ashton is a big part of the future here. I would be shocked if there were any truth behind this trade, because it makes no sense to me. :clown:

Yeah but Mccrae is a talented defensive forward. Thats something the Hurricanes need. This is the only reason why i think of this as a possibility. I would love Bancks too.

localguy
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah but Mccrae is a talented defensive forward. Thats something the Hurricanes need. This is the only reason why i think of this as a possibility. I would love Bancks too.

Banks is one of the better defensive forwards around right now, and only in his 18 yr old year. He is loved by the management, and the fans. Ashton has only played 9 games this year, and is just getting used to the league as a 16 year old. Of course you would like the trade, you would be getting the best side of it. How can you say we need a defensive forward, anyway? We have Wuchteral, Banks, Orfino, and pretty well every forward we have is playing at both ends this year, that's why we lead the east right now. If you think we don't have any players that can play on the defensive side of the puck, you are quite mistaken.

hobster
12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Don't get so defensive buddy he's allowed his own opinion

localguy
12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Don't get so defensive buddy he's allowed his own opinion

As am I. Thanks for your insight though.

Tidball
12-14-2007, 09:53 AM
As am I. Thanks for your insight though.
Yeah you are, but put the knife down, damn.