AMSRocker
12-12-2007, 11:42 PM
:groovy: Told ya! Great job guys and thanks for the help!!! yeehoo

ointhecreek
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds like RJ did everyone a favor and beat the crap out of Beach. Boogaard'd

HAF
12-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I listened to the Swifty feed tonight. Good Job Mr. Keen!

Good win for the Broncos tonight. I love seeing that team lose and more important I love seeing #12 get his a$$ kicked!!! Now go do the same to Seattle!!!

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Nice win by Swifty but where was Stieler he didnt get an invite to Czech camp that i'm aware of, is he hurt?

Big Ern
12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Well, the Broncos met up with an extremely hard-working team tonight.

The patience on our defense helped out a lot. Guys didn't really rush uneccessarily, and did their job back there. Even though the 'Tips spent a lot of time in the Swift Current zone, (and kept me at the edge of my chesterfield in a nervous wreck) the positioning from our defense stood up to it...they didn't allow Everett much in the zone. Ian Curtis was solid too...he really proved what he's capable of tonight. The only goal he allowed was an ugly one that bounced off a Bronco forward and in. So Curty has sent a message. And now back to the defense....when there was a good chance the other way, our defense pinched, but they were always able to get back in time, which is very important. Mike Wilson was a bright spot...he was good all around...really. Eric Doyle teed up a few howitzers. He was great in his return to Everett. Unfortunately, none of his rips from the point found the back of the net.

You also have to credit Swift's forwards tonight, because they were relentless. The Everett Silvertips work so EXTREMELY hard, especially in their defensive zone, and seem to be tough to avoid getting to the goal. The guys really pushed it when they had the chance, and it payed off on Erik felde's game winner. That was a BEAUTY! Dale Weise came out strong again with two assists, and so did most of the other forward line-up. Let's not forget Jan Dalecky..he scored the opening goal of the game on the PP, and has outright shone in this road swing. Everyone had to bring it tonight, to beat Everett. The forwards did their part, and did exactly that.

This was a very important win. The Broncos gained in the standings, as Brandon and Regina both lost on this night. Also, it's got to be a great feeling to pull a win out of that building for the guys, and should boost the confidence. After bringing great efforts in Spokane and Tri-City (in my opinion) and not being rewarded, I think tonight's win will be enjoyable. Hopefully a kickstart to two more wins to finish before Xmas. One game at a time.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

NOTES:

-that's some really great camera work on the webcast from Everett. Kudos to whoever is behind that...it's like watching a real NHL game. It is a feed directly fro the jumbo-tron, and works great. There is one annoying aspect: When the ads come on the screen, you might not see play for sometimes half a minute. But the quality video feed balances that out. Great stuff!

-Tips' announcer Jon Rosen on several occations called Dale Weise "Derek" instead of Dale. Dale has another brother. Ironically, his name IS Derek. lol Just a thought. Hey Miles and Barb, how are ya'? Merry Christmas! :)

-I wish it was Friday.

Have a great night.

Scout
12-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Felde leads Broncos past Silvertips
SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
The Southwest Booster

The Swift Current Broncos improved their record to two wins and two losses on their six-game West Coast road trip with a 3-1 win over the Everett Silvertips on Wednesday night.

Playing their fourth game in six days in front of 4,938 fans at the Comcast Arena, the Broncos got the game-winner from Erik Felde midway through the third period.

17-year-old import forward Jan Dalecky opened the scoring late in the first period with a powerplay goal with 26 seconds remaining in the period.

Everett tied the game 1-1 with 1:51 left in the middle frame when 18-year-old Russian forward Vitaly Karamnov scored his fifth goal of the season and first since Nov. 11th.

Broncos overage forward Erik Felde put the Broncos ahead 2-1 10:55 into the third period, his 15th of the season and first point in three games.

Zack Smith netted his 12th goal of the season with an empty-net marker to seal the game which also ignited a fight between Silvertips leading scorer Kyle Beach and Broncos overage defenseman R.J. LaRochelle.

Dale Weise picked up a pair of helpers in the game to give him 26 points in 28 games.

Broncos rookie 17-year-old netminder Ian Curtis stopped 25 of 26 shots to improve to 4-2-0-0 on the season.

Regina native Shayne Barrie made the start in Leland Irving’s absence, stopping 27 of 29 shots to lower his record to 3-4-0-0 in his rookie season. Irving and Silvertips second leading scorer Zack Hamill are in Calgary at the Team Canada World Junior tryouts.

Playing without the services of forwards Cody Eakin, Keegan Dansereau, and David Stieler the three goals marked the first time in five games the Broncos have scored three or more goals in a game.

The win improved the Broncos record to 18-12-0-5, passing the Moose Jaw Warriors for third place in the East Division, three points back of the front-running Regina Pats.

The loss dropped the Silvertips record to 16-15-0-2, dropping them into fourth place in the U.S. division.

Friday the Broncos will play their fifth game of their six game West Coast trip in Portland against the cellar-dwelling 5-25-0-1 Winterhawks.

Toswammi
12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
BRONCOS STILL UNBEATEN IN EVERETT :groovy:

d-man
12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Sounds like RJ did everyone a favor and beat the crap out of Beach. Boogaard'd
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ny_4sx32k