PDA

View Full Version : meidl & open roster spots

TriFan2005
12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
meidl was listed by the ams i just learned this. how come it was never really made public? anyone have any ideas if tory will fill out the rest of the roster? we need the bodies in my opinion. having 13 forwards on your active roster won't last a whole season. i'm sure yellow horn is tired of pulling the double duty every night as he has the past few games. playing with only 13 forwards on your roster just means that a guy with a bump or bruise has to tough it out and play through it which potentially causes a more serious injury and the boys don't get healthy scratch nights which leads to more fatigue. i think we def need some bodies

Stay-Puft
12-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Meidl?

Usually when they list a player it isn't made public, until they decide to update their prospects page. Most teams don't make them public.

TriFan2005
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Radek Meidl was with Seattle last season and got left of their roster this year due to the Eberle and Helenius or whatever his name is (the goalie) being there. He was pretty solid last season. I found out we got him from another fan at the game. I wasn't so quick to believe since i saw nothing about it anywhere BUT here is a page that talks about it. its at the bottom of the article in the bold print :

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20071211/SPORTS/712110054

Stay-Puft
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Well, too bad its after the World Juniors, since we will be losing Hughesman, Gardiner and Wilgosh after the Christmas break for the U-17 Challenge (December 29th to January 4th). That only leaves 10 forwards currently on the roster for at least 3 games, maybe more depending on how deep they go.

Hopefully they will call up some of the list players or 15-yr old draft picks to play for that game span. The 1st and 2nd lines will probably get some serious double duty then.

TriFan2005
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
well i don't see why he doesnt pull up robby lazo and keep him. we know hell probly be here next year why not bring him up now since theres room. same with shinimin and jackson. who knows tho tory is a smart gm so he's probally got something up his sleeve.

Ams1fan
12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Check Greg Drinnan's blog, he reported we picked up Meidl 6 weeks ago and apparental Tory has spoken with his agent and got his commitment to join the AM's after the WJC. The only thing that bothers me is that I haven't heard any confirmation from the team or Craig West during his radio show about this. I was trying to find out a little info on Meidl and sounds like he's pretty skilled guy that a lot scouts liked, but for some reason I don't think he got drafted last year. Hopefully he will join us, and it would make sense why we didn't add a forward after Gorman got traded b/c we are holding a spot for him.

With our young guys being in the U-17 tourney, it will be interesting to see who comes up. I don't think any of our ND hounds picks are signed yet so I doubt they would come in as 15's but it would be cool to see Robby Lazo and I really liked Shinniman in camp too.

HAF
12-13-2007, 05:22 PM

With our young guys being in the U-17 tourney, it will be interesting to see who comes up. I don't think any of our ND hounds picks are signed yet so I doubt they would come in as 15's but it would be cool to see Robby Lazo and I really liked Shinniman in camp too.

Robby Lazo is signed. Tory inked him a few weeks ago according to Craig West.

TriFan2005
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
ya lazo is signed and inked. he's a 16 and from what i've heard about the kid theres no reason why we shouldnt bring him in permanently. i've heard nothing but good things about him and with us only having 13 forwards we definitely have the room. shinimin did awesome at camp and im willing to bet we'll see him while the other kids are away. either way with pro still being out that leaves 12 healthy forwards which i don't think is a wise thing but hey i'm not the one making the big bucks