PDA

View Full Version : What Do We Need ?

Scout
12-16-2007, 10:34 AM
There is alot of debate coming on what the Broncos need. So we will put a poll and see what everyones thoughts are.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-16-2007, 10:40 AM
As much as I would like to see a Legit heavy I think we need a big talented stay at home defense man the most. All our guys seem to want to chase the puck out of position.

Scout
12-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I kinda agree with you O. Our D seems to be very offensive. Personally i think we need all three. A big grinding forward, a big tough D-man and a legit heaveyweight as i'm sure most teams would want. Our biggest player right now besides our back-up goalie Ian Curtis who is 6'5" 214 lbs. is Zach Smith who is a forward at 6'2.5" 207 lbs. Our D is not overly big averaging around 6'1" 200 lbs. Although they are very mobile you still need someone to clear the opposing team from the net. Your right they seem to rush alot with the puck and forget about the zone. Be interesting to see if we make a trade and who we give up. We are still in the thick of things and i'm sure the other teams in the East are looking to fine tune for the play-offs. I think Portland and Red Deer are prime for a trade as they are needing to rebuild or are rebuilding. Our trade problem is we have to many 19 year-olds and if a team is rebuilding they won't show alot of interest. On the other hand if a contender is looking to add a vet they usually will give up younger players in the package. We may be stuck in a rut as to whats available.

Scout

Toswammi
12-16-2007, 11:45 AM
How about Tyrell, Wishart, Irving, and Hamil??

Too much lol?

We just need some consistency and a solid blue liner (maybe that Wishart kid:D)

Son of a Preacher Man
12-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I can't see Dean being to happy with the direction we are going. Heard he benched a couple vets last night. Is it chemistry or are the guys not buying into the system? Does he need to keep the lines intact so they can gel together? We started out being picked near the bottom by the hockey Gods but so far have proved them wrong as has Brandon. We are so close to having all the pieces of the puzzle but that one piece is very important. Smith is a great captain and leader and leads by example but maybe this team is not playing as a team and are playing to much individule hockey. Don't know but the chemistry is lacking.