PDA

View Full Version : xmas wish list...

wardog fan
12-16-2007, 10:53 AM
well i thought i would go with the popular thread off of here and add the jaws wish list..lol
1. most important one here SANTA, and the city of moose jaw has been good , but led by a very debating council. but please pretty please i will leave cookies under the tree if you can leave a shovel or two with the city of moose jaw so they may break ground for our new rink in april like promised by our city mayor.. i think me personally would shed a tear of joy if i saw action started on our new multiplex. on a side note i would even bring my baseball teams i coach to the indoor soccer facilty to train in the winter, hint hint city $$$$$$

2. well back on track i think my second most wanted thing, would be for the warriors to stay healthy and continue to play their team game and work hard. oh ya santa maybe add to the rest of the team what terrence delaronde is on. hes amazing....

3. i want a gold medal at the world juniors.

4. for huge support the rest of the way , maybe some more sell outs like last night is due for our hockey team. better yet since your in the giving mood, how about in swifty and pa too. they have some hard core fans. but when moose jaw travels there save me a ticket first...

5. and i guess theres not much more i can wish for , just did it for something to do i was bored. but santa take care of all these young men who play this great game and let us have a exciting second half to the season. warm wishes to all whl fans out there , yes including those who cheer for the evil pats a warm and happy x-mas. and lets all cheer our canadian boys to gold...

eye4aneye
12-16-2007, 11:01 AM
very original wardog!!! LOL :)

Awesome thoughts and ideas. ^5's clrkthj

But I don't think your city council has been that good.....but I hope santa thinks the city itself and it's tax payers deserve a new facility and give the idiots a good bonk on the head to make a decision. How frustrating for you. I would like you to have a new rink, with a real ticket counter. And a real souvenir shop and and ...well you get the hint!

wardog fan
12-16-2007, 11:07 AM
hey hey go easy on the crushed can, we make do with what we got.. its by far the most unique rink in all of the chl. its done its time , but man i will miss it. i swear it has to have one of the best atmosphere for hockey then any rink ive been too... kinda like the old montreal fourm minus, 20,000 people.lol

Scout
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I hope Wardog that your council sees the value of the Warriors in your community as Swift Current city council did for the Broncos. WHL commish Ron Robinson warned both Swift and Moose Jaw to bring their rinks up to WHL standards or else. Swift Current realized how many people the Broncos bring into town and how they benefit the economy. Moose Jaw council seems to be dragging their heals. The longer they wait the more it will cost. If they don't get their act together soon you will loose your team and then you would would have to cheer for the next closest team, the Pats. lol. We lost our Broncos once to Lethbridge and it was a sad, sad day. We got a second chance where the Warriors may not. With the way costs are skyrocketing for junior teams, it will be very hard to do what Swift did by getting another team. Best of luck and i hope your council wakes up and realizes the benefit your team has on the economy.

Scout

Toswammi
12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
hey hey go easy on the crushed can, we make do with what we got.. its by far the most unique rink in all of the chl. its done its time , but man i will miss it. i swear it has to have one of the best atmosphere for hockey then any rink ive been too... kinda like the old montreal fourm minus, 20,000 people.lol

Personally i love the crushed can...purely from a fans point of view. You get good sight lines. Low roof makes it loud, and all those fans packed in like sardines. It creates a great atmosphere. I hope if you guys get a new arena; and thats a big if, you don't lose that atmosphere.

witness
12-16-2007, 04:18 PM
It would be a very sad day for WHL fans in Southern Saskatchewan, if the Warriors move.

eye4aneye
12-16-2007, 04:52 PM
new housing in sk for 2008 is projected to have a 20-25 % increase...can't imagine what a new building like that is going to cost. If they don't start doing something now. Even April sounds too far way.