PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnet clipping

Broncs in RD
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
This is from www.Sportsnet.ca
by Patrick King

Cold player: Travis Yonkman, Swift Current Broncos

The first-year starter had an uncharacteristically poor week in goal for the Broncos. In three losses, Yonkman was beat 14 times on 105 shots for a 0.867 save percentage. The Broncos will need Yonkman to return to the top of his game if they’re going to compete for first in the East Division with Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw.

sbtatter
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
This is from www.Sportsnet.ca
by Patrick King

Cold player: Travis Yonkman, Swift Current Broncos

The first-year starter had an uncharacteristically poor week in goal for the Broncos. In three losses, Yonkman was beat 14 times on 105 shots for a 0.867 save percentage. The Broncos will need Yonkman to return to the top of his game if they’re going to compete for first in the East Division with Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw.
We'll take him!!

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I would like to see Patrick King play with a hundred pounds of equipment on too :groovy:

dubnut
12-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Well with fans that stand by their goalie like that he will certainly be back to form very shortly.

Scout
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Yonkman is a very good goalie and has played well but he needs support from the D and the forwards backchecking. It's obvious to me that this article is drawn up from stats only and not seeing the whole team. It's not a one man show and Yonks can't do it alone. He has kept us in more games than he has lost for us. He'll come back if the support is there. I fault him very little.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
What we need is a Brandon Sutter/Karl Alzner type of players on defense and forward.

bawango
12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
A Sutter/Alzner type combo would mean giving up draft picks and our young talent...not to sure if Bronco fans could sit through another loosing season. However if this is the case maybe a Dana Tyrell/Ty Wishart combo wouldnt be to bad, but im not to sure if PG would be willing to part ways with Tyrell seeing as he is an 89 and has a couple of years left in the league.

penman
12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey you guys can be serious one posting says the broncos need back checking the next says Brandon Sutter wow.Guys watch the whole game dont just listen to the comments by P. Mc guire and the likes .Ive seen him several times this year some nights hes hard to see .Thats one thing that team doesnt need is more high priced overated high maintenance hckey players,got some already.Dont you???

sbtatter
12-19-2007, 09:10 AM
I think Lowry would suit you much more than Sutter, Lowry works hard at both ends of the ice, can score and kill penalties etc, a real team guy. Having said that, we'd better not give him to you!