PDA

View Full Version : Anholt Sighting?????

Knuckle Chucker
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (oops that is a REO Speedwagon song punk rock ) that Peter has been at the last few games sitting in section 4 or 5 taking notes. I have not been able to attend so I can't say for sure. Anyone see Peter in the building? Hawgood was spotted doing the same thing in Kamloops just before he took over as coach. Think we have a new GM lurking in the shadows???

Dwight Schrute
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
i have heard rumblings about him doing some scouting work

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Peter burnt too many bridges bad mouthing everyone in the organization to anyone that listened. Do we really need a gossip hound in the mist?

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Knuckle stop showing our ages with the trips down the 80's lane :groovy:

SectionNDeserter
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (oops that is a REO Speedwagon song Ha ha, you listen to REO speedwagon! :D

Sabes
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Ha ha, you listen to REO speedwagon! :D

Shhhhst. I am only 26 and seen them live before with Foreigner and Pat Benatar.

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Shhhhst. I am only 26 and seen them live before with Foreigner and Pat Benatar.

I hope you come visit me in the WHL fans nursing home Sabes LOL bring beer.

WHL Crazy
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (oops that is a REO Speedwagon song punk rock ) that Peter has been at the last few games sitting in section 4 or 5 taking notes. I have not been able to attend so I can't say for sure. Anyone see Peter in the building? Hawgood was spotted doing the same thing in Kamloops just before he took over as coach. Think we have a new GM lurking in the shadows???

I heard he was sighted up near Candle Lake next to Big foot. Word is he was holding a Giant Flame and until Big foot stomped it out thus the end of the legend of the Candle burning at the end of the lake.....Just what I heard.

Knuckle Chucker
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
i have heard rumblings about him doing some scouting work

Scouting for who? That would explain the note-taking.

By the way, REO Speedwagon is great :laugh:

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I am not denying your taste in music..i like em too just seems funny :)

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Inregards to the big foot sighting...stop laffing at my feet

eye4aneye
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I heard he was sighted up near Candle Lake next to Big foot. Word is he was holding a Giant Flame and until Big foot stomped it out thus the end of the legend of the Candle burning at the end of the lake.....Just what I heard.
Hey stop laffing at my feet, i mean skis i mean anholt crushers

Dwight Schrute
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Scouting for who? That would explain the note-taking.

By the way, REO Speedwagon is great :laugh:
no clue. just heard he was doing some scouting, and with his contacts around the league it wouldnt surprise me

Swamptown
12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
He is scouting for Red Deer and has been at lots of games this year.

hobster
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
He is scouting for Red Deer and has been at lots of games this year.
I can't believe he coaches as long as he did he sucked

Knuckle Chucker
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't believe he coaches as long as he did he sucked

Wow thanks for the fantastic insight applause

hobster
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow thanks for the fantastic insight applause
Hey it's almost Christmas no problem :groovy:

eye4aneye
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
He's a finger pointer...he can never take responsibility for his own actions there fore I don't think he could make good gm material. maybe in the past.

Knuckle Chucker
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
He's a finger pointer...he can never take responsibility for his own actions there fore I don't think he could make good gm material. maybe in the past.

I think he would make a great GM. He has been around the league and has many contacts. Being a GM is a lot different than being a coach.

Wildeyes
12-19-2007, 12:06 AM
you say what you but he does have over 600 wins as a head coach at the major junior level and he is a great person i have had many talks with him

eye4aneye
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
over how many decades? pbj pbj

SectionNDeserter
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
you say what you but he does have over 600 wins as a head coach at the major junior level and he is a great person i have had many talks with him1988-89 Prince Albert Raiders WHL Head Coach 72 37 33
1989-90 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL Head Coach 72 52 17
1990-91 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL Head Coach 72 42 26
1991-92 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL Head Coach 72 33 34
1992-93 Red Deer Rebels WHL Head Coach 72 31 39 2
1993-94 Red Deer Rebels WHL Head Coach 72 35 36 1
1994-95 Red Deer Rebels WHL Head Coach 72 17 51 4
1996-97 Kelowna Rockets WHL Head Coach 72 35 35
1997-98 Kelowna Rockets WHL Head Coach 72 33 35
2004-05 Prince Albert Raiders WHL Head Coach 72 31 32
2005-06 Prince Albert Raiders WHL Head Coach 72 25 36

Could only find his regular season Major junior stats, but only adds up to 371 for me, and I seriously doubt that he has 229 playoff wins. And really only his second and third seasons behind the bench really stand out. (and if you look at the team he inherited in his second season as a head coach in the WHL, a team whose first line is Glen Goodall, Vic Gervais and Peter Nedved doesn't even really need a coach. :D )

westbeach55
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
why is everyone bashing peter? not saying he didn't need to go, he had his run but are we any better that he isn't here ? donn clark and scouting staff need to go, you have players right here under there noses and they can't pick them up there is no direction for this team are we rebuilding or are we trying to scrape in the playoffs. why pick a 19 year old d for a fifth round pick (Zach Sim) go pick up a 16 - 17 year old. i don't like moleken of the blades but at least he comes out in the paper and says We've got a plan here," he says of his rebuilding scheme launched last year. "We want to build . . . and if it works, then everybody will be proud.

"If not, the blame goes directly on my shoulders." At least there is some kind of direction which the raiders don't have right now

Quote - from Star Phoenix

Knuckle Chucker
12-19-2007, 10:55 AM
look at anhholts last 7 years in the league.....you cant defend 7 straight losing seasons

You can't only blame him for that. A lot of the blame has to go to the GM and scouts who bring in the talent. Many of out top prospects have not panned out.

I am not saying to bring him back as coach but IMO he would make a good GM. However the relationship between him and the board can"t be good so it is a long shot anyway.

Knuckle Chucker
12-19-2007, 10:57 AM
why is everyone bashing peter? not saying he didn't need to go, he had his run but are we any better that he isn't here ? donn clark and scouting staff need to go, you have players right here under there noses and they can't pick them up there is no direction for this team are we rebuilding or are we trying to scrape in the playoffs. why pick a 19 year old d for a fifth round pick (Zach Sim) go pick up a 16 - 17 year old. i don't like moleken of the blades but at least he comes out in the paper and says We've got a plan here," he says of his rebuilding scheme launched last year. "We want to build . . . and if it works, then everybody will be proud.

"If not, the blame goes directly on my shoulders." At least there is some kind of direction which the raiders don't have right now

Quote - from Star Phoenix

This is the best post I have read in a long time applause

Triton
12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I think Clark has done what has been needed for the most part to get bodies in from injuries, as well as trying to bolster area's with acquisitions of Leonard, Deniset, Di Ubaldo, Young, Pearpoint, Bernhardt etc. but the scouting staff have done a lousy job and while Clark's butt is walking out the door, so should the head scout.

eye4aneye
12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with lower draft picks making a team. Sometimes they are the heart, soul and spirit of a team and are more important then a 1st rounder that no one likes or doesn't produce or whatever his downfalls maybe.
Rej Beuchemin worked out well for the Raiders..
And if A kid decides to go college route, well what can you do? Did you know what you wanted to do EXACTLY at the age of 15? Are you doing exactly what you thought you would be doing at 15 now? Some kids are a coin toss.

Gauthier and May have done ok for the organization.
I am sure there are some guys that have screwed up and are not here, left..... the raiders cannot be their babysitters and the players themselves have to start taking responsibility for their play actions and behaviours. It has to happen sometime.
i am sure there are guys doing the what ifs because they might have made a mistake.

But if a person is purposefully neglecting their role then there has to be some accountability.

You can point fingers at members of the organization all you want, but when the kids are young....maybe we should ask the parents what is going on?

Shrugs drinks a beer

TheSnowman
12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't think anyone here will dispute that Anholt is a good guy as a person.
Now trying not to let that get in the way here, his coaching stats aren't fantastic by any means (three winning seasons?? c'mon now) but a) he must have brought something to the table to get hired as many times as he did, b) one thing he said a lot of last year was that his style in PA was very limited by the quality of players in front of him.

Not saying everyone here this year or last is junk but fact is its a team that hasn't seen a lot of top tier talent in recent years.

eye4aneye
12-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Anholt likes his players wrapped like a present, meaning that if they are 16 and not playing like an 18 year old, he doesn't develop them. Who came onto this team as a 16 year, who did well before coming to the raiders and lived up to his potential through the anholt development program? vci11 vci11 vci11

????????????

eye4aneye
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Kozak never came to him as a 16 year old, he had 3 years in the league already, Fritshaw, Colliton was in the league 1.5 seasons before Peter rejoined the raiders. wilson sat in the stands for a year.
Mcdonald was with the pats for a couple of seasons. I am talking about when they are 16 years old and need to be developed. Is Dane Byers his only protege?

And what about Palazzo and Wilson?

raider guy
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
how about chipchura you kinda forgot him hes playng in the show now ,he developed under anholt

eye4aneye
12-28-2007, 11:03 PM
ok I will give him byers and chips....but for a guy that has 600 wins under his belt.... Ok I am not a member of the Anholt fanclub. When I think of him all I see is the Pats calling a time out and Peter looking in the air with his arms crossed leaning against the glass. Just noticed that MH beat SC... vc124 vc178 Ok I am going to do some laundry now.

Knuckle Chucker
12-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Mike Gauthier started as a 16 yr old

westbeach55
12-29-2007, 01:26 AM
the real problem here is clark and the scouting staff or a majority of them

Knuckle Chucker
12-29-2007, 10:48 AM
It also seems that they often ignore the local talent until it is too late (i.e. Tyler Fiddler). Lets face it...Robertson basically fell into their lap. They should have a inside track on the local kids and they don't.

IMO the way to build a solid foundation for the team is with local players (i.e. Brandon) but they often get ignored because our scouts look elsewhere. We had a number of BC based players drafted who went the college route instead. IMO this hurt us BIG TIME.

In the glory days of the 80's we always seemed to have at least 3 0r 4 GOOD local guys as a foundation who wanted to play here. Mind you the AAA Midget team was called the Midget Raiders and they developed players for the Raiders.

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
doesn't the scout take the best player that is available when it is your pick? I am sure that in the first couple of rounds the scouts lists look kinda the same. Remember we got caught in the rule changes and that is why Red Deer is at the stage they are at right now. And ya there was one year when the bc kids chose to go the NCAA route and seriously I wonder if they regret that choice? I don't think any of those kids were drafted into the NHL.

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I ignoring the local talent. Well Clark lives in PA how do the kids get ignored? I mean a manager does some scouting too, isn't that part of his job?

westbeach55
12-29-2007, 05:50 PM
he's not doing his job

raider guy
12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
easily put clark is blind to talent obviously, weve got guys in pa playing AAA he could try and pursue right now but probably isnt. Every body knows that it is time for a new gm in prince albert and hopefully its soon, a coach can only do so much with what is given to him

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Well there seems to be something missing .....the scout gets the building blocks, the manager takes those blocks and adds cement and the coach smooths things out. I think there is some cement missing and I think the manager didn't have patience with some of the building blocks and didn't cement some of those blocks into coming to PA. The manager is supposed to babysit those draft picks and keep talking to them and letting them know how they are doing and what they need to work on to fit into the team. Is clark doing that? The scouts are driving all over the place scouting for next draft , do they have time to babysit too? I mean they watch the progression of the kids of course but can't the guy in the office do the talking? and some watching would help too.

If we are going to rebuild lets do it already. I hope clark got some coconuts for christmas and will do something not have a repeat of the chips going no where a couple of years ago. vc178 cracks open another beer so i can listen to wilson call the game

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Who else on the mintos should the raiders be chasing?