PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Clark

Scout
12-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Any word around Brandon on how long Clark will be out with a broken ankle?

Scout

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Any word around Brandon on how long Clark will be out with a broken ankle?

Scout
4 to 6 weeks from last Saturday. Good job we have a big lead over 9th place!!
Could be hard to ice a complete team (a la the blades) for the Alberta trip....

Triton
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
When did this happen?

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
When did this happen?
3rd period against PA I believe

dagley
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Never heard about this till now, and damn. Clark seemed to be struggling for the past few weeks too.

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Never heard about this till now, and damn. Clark seemed to be struggling for the past few weeks too. You're right, he hasn't been quite as prolific since he came back from his prior shoulder injury. WK's managed to keep this injury quiet for 3 days, I finally found out from a friend of a friend of Clarkey last night.

booboo
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
The Wheatkings are going to be some short-handed after the Xmas break. They will need to call up some of their list players to fill out a line-up. As far as I know Clark,Bartek,Schenn,Glennie and Melnychuck will be away for at least 5 games. Also is Cowan ready to go? This is really going to test those who are in the line-up as they have a 3 game Alberta swing after their home game on the 27th. This may help in the long term as Hale, King, Cowan, Jeffries as well as Fehr and Green are going to have to assume bigger roles which should help their development :confused:

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
If Cowan is still out, we'll have 9 forwards on the roster, if Aulie is back injury free we'll have 6 d-men on the roster.
Maybe Rock or Miller will get the call as the 7th d-man? Matty Smith?
Up front, Regier, Depape, Stone, Walker, Hall are options? Hallick?
Without our top 2 centres, Green and King will have a huge opportunity. Maybe Lowry and Fehr can also play centre? Going to be really interesting to see the lineups!! Are Glennie, Schenn and Melnychuk going to be playing here on the 27th against the Pats? Their tournament starts the 29th so i assume they'll be gone to that.....
I think Green and Fehr have really been improving lately so this will give them a chance to take on a leadership role. Thank goodness we have a big cushion over 9th place!!

Vik
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
The Wheatkings are going to be some short-handed after the Xmas break. They will need to call up some of their list players to fill out a line-up. As far as I know Clark,Bartek,Schenn,Glennie and Melnychuck will be away for at least 5 games. Also is Cowan ready to go? This is really going to test those who are in the line-up as they have a 3 game Alberta swing after their home game on the 27th. This may help in the long term as Hale, King, Cowan, Jeffries as well as Fehr and Green are going to have to assume bigger roles which should help their development :confused:
Yeah, with just Schenn, Glennie, and Bartek out, I figured we'd move Calvert into Bartek's spot and have Jeffries, King, and whoever on the 3rd line but with Clark out, it really messes with things.
Dittmer - Fehr - Lowry
Calvert - Jeffries - Green
Cowan/Hale - King - Brandis
Whoever we can get for the 4th line

That look about right? I'd like to see King get one of the top 6 spots to see how he does with some decent linemates but I doubt it happens.

Triton
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
What happened to Aulie?

dagley
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Kelly might make a trade during the holidays, it's a possibility. We will probably bring up DePape and Stone since their both in Winnipeg in close proximity and grab them and take them out West. I wouldn't really be worried about the injuries if Schenn and Glennie we're still around, damn U-17's...lol.

hobster
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Every team go,s through this this team of the year you look at every roster and there players injured or away at tourney's

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Every team go,s through this this team of the year you look at every roster and there players injured or away at tourney's We're not complaining, we're just planning out loud! We are without 41% of our goal scoring at the moment!

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, with just Schenn, Glennie, and Bartek out, I figured we'd move Calvert into Bartek's spot and have Jeffries, King, and whoever on the 3rd line but with Clark out, it really messes with things.
Dittmer - Fehr - Lowry
Calvert - Jeffries - Green
Cowan/Hale - King - Brandis
Whoever we can get for the 4th line

That look about right? I'd like to see King get one of the top 6 spots to see how he does with some decent linemates but I doubt it happens.
That is eactly how i had it, except green as centre on the second line...

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
What happened to Aulie?
Back spasms on friday against saskatoon, dressed against PA but only played 1 shift after the first period. The Xmas break should help him.
If Melnychuk wasn't gone we could have used Robak up front like last year, but now that won't work with the U17's going on....