PDA

View Full Version : Brenden Wall Reassinged

hobster
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
17 year old Brenden Wall has been Reassinged to Beardy's Blackhawks midget AAA, so that leaves the Blades with 7 defencemen

20[ Flatters
18[ Funk
18[ Klassen
17[ Niemi
17[ Zahn
16[ Berg
16[ Elliott

hobster
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
So for the rest of the year we get a sneak preview at what our defence will look like next season with the exception of Flatters of course that is one solid group.

booboo
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Only in your mind are that group of defencemen good. I don't think too many people will believe you.

Triton
12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
2 of the 5 are potentially going to be great defenseman in this league, the others are average at best.

WHL Crazy
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
2 of the 5 are potentially going to be great defenseman in this league, the others are average at best.

I really don't believe there is a true #1 defenceman in that group in the future. Looks to me like an average at best core with a few #3-4 defenceman. I bet you Molleken is kicking himself for having only got Elliott back in the Setoguchi deal when he likely had choices of top notch prospects. No offence to Elliott but having the WORST plus/minus in the league isn't really something to be proud of. Likely another year of Midget in Vancouver would've done him well.

hobster
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Elliott's plus minus is only bad cause it's a bad team thiS year he is second in team scoring with 23 points from defence as a 16 year old. Niemi has 7 goals from defence with a cannon of a shot, Mich Berg is gonna be on mean sob on defence same go's with Teigan Zahn and Sam Klassen has improved so much. Our strenth is defence and it will be one of the best next season bar none.

hobster
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
All you really need is 2 top d-men like Elliott and Nemei then the rest can be average so look out.

booboo
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
We've been hearing this crap about how good the Blades are going to be for the last 20 years. I'm not sure I'll live long enough for this to happen. As long as Molle-kant is in control I'm not sure it'll ever happen. How could the Blades braintrust ever think the type of lumbering no talent big guys can be successful in tostatsay's hockey. Big miscalculation---stats bear that out dancing pi

Trav
12-18-2007, 09:06 PM
on the back end. I'm not comfortable with just Elliot and Niemi being their only good d-men. Flatters isn't bad, he'd be 3rd. Zahn could be better. The rest, well I won't comment on them.

I'm surprised they sent Wall down already. Thought he deserved a chance to crack the top 6. Cant be that hard.

Berg has a lot to prove to the fans, they took him before Tyson Barrie, ouch.

Scout
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Niemi's a solid D-man who in my eyes is above average and any team would love to have. Niemi is a 90 born import who is playing in a different country and a different style and has adjusted very well. He has one of the best shots in the league, is a very strong skater, he doesn't shy from the physical play and is playing like a 19 year-old vet. He's a great rushing D-Man and one of top rookie D-men in the league. This kid in two years will be one of the top defencemen in the league. To go along with his offensive side, he has size at 6'3" 190 lbs. and is still growing. Trust me scouts are taking notice of him and he will be a force in the future. Remember he is still only 17. The only fault on Niemi is he is so offensive minded that he forgets sometimes about the defensive part of the game and like pretty well all Euro's defence is not part of their game and they are not taught that. It will be up to the Blades to teach him that part. This kid came to North America as a virtual unknown at the recomendation of a former player in Europe and has made a name for himself and scouts have now taken notice of this kid.

Scout

sbtatter
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I really like Elliot and Neimi. Zahn and Berg aren't mobile enough for my liking. Flatters is too old (for next year)!! I haven't seen enough of funk or klassen to make a sound judgement.

hobster
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I really like Elliot and Neimi. Zahn and Berg aren't mobile enough for my liking. Flatters is too old (for next year)!! I haven't seen enough of funk or klassen to make a sound judgement.Klassen is our our best plus minus on the team at -1 must be doing something right has 12 points and his skating has improved how about that ext year for a top 4

Niemi Klassen
Elliott Zahn

hobster
12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
on the back end. I'm not comfortable with just Elliot and Niemi being their only good d-men. Flatters isn't bad, he'd be 3rd. Zahn could be better. The rest, well I won't comment on them.

I'm surprised they sent Wall down already. Thought he deserved a chance to crack the top 6. Cant be that hard.

Berg has a lot to prove to the fans, they took him before Tyson Barrie, ouch. Not sure why you would mention Flatters over Klassen , Klassen's numbers are better in all the important catagories he is probablly our best defensive defecman this season