PDA

View Full Version : Interesting TIDBIT....

Big Ern
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Courtesy: www.rodpedersen.blogspot.com

Someone from Moose Jaw happens by our table and remarks that there's word a group from Winnipeg is looking into purchasing the Warriors and moving them back to the Manitoba capital. Hence, the Winnipeg Warriors would be back in business. Long live Jim Appleby.

This supposed group has seen the successful co-existence of pro and junior teams in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and wants to give it a shot.

Please, please Moose Jaw, don't let this happen. The Pats need the rival, your city needs the Warriors, and I like the 30-minute road trips. Saturday night we were home by 10:15pm. Hallelujah.

Up until a few years ago, I would've said the Moose Jaw Civic Centre was on par with the Swift Current C.C.C. or the P.A. Communiplex. However now, those facilities have been reno'd and extended the lives of their franchises. Maybe you can do the same.

agent
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
LOL. Why would you even read the Rodley Peterson blog.

All Land owners in the 2 block radius which the new facility in Moose Jaw will be built have been given written letters of intent to purchase the propertys.
Century 21 Conexus Realty Ltd. was awarded the contract to get agreements in writing before Jan 10/07 in order to hopefully avoid expropriation ., so they can get the shovels going in spring. :clap: dancing pi

Courtesy: www.rodpedersen.blogspot.com

Someone from Moose Jaw happens by our table and remarks that there's word a group from Winnipeg is looking into purchasing the Warriors and moving them back to the Manitoba capital. Hence, the Winnipeg Warriors would be back in business. Long live Jim Appleby.

This supposed group has seen the successful co-existence of pro and junior teams in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and wants to give it a shot.

Please, please Moose Jaw, don't let this happen. The Pats need the rival, your city needs the Warriors, and I like the 30-minute road trips. Saturday night we were home by 10:15pm. Hallelujah.

Up until a few years ago, I would've said the Moose Jaw Civic Centre was on par with the Swift Current C.C.C. or the P.A. Communiplex. However now, those facilities have been reno'd and extended the lives of their franchises. Maybe you can do the same.

dagley
12-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't want Moose Jaw to move, they have their new building going up and I love the intensity of the rivalry that we have with the Warriors. I highly doubt the WHL will go back to Winnipeg. We had a few games their for the past few seasons and Kelly gave up on it cause the attendance was lower there then in Brandon (We average quite a bit more this season)....I'd be disappointed if MJ moved, but it wont happen.

wardog fan
12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
i can honestly say from a realible source, that plans for the new mulitplex are in place. the discussions will heat up more in the new year , the cost of the mulitplex is going up by the day but the hurdle right now is where the location is, money is in place and such. the key spot sounds like downtown but that was unconfirmed by my source. but i can say alot of the news of the multiplex is tightlipped right now and will be more ground breaking news in the new year. but i am confident to say that work will begin in the spring with a massive annoucement on sponerships and such around the same time.and i cant confirm about the winnipeg investors, i know at one time i heard victoria but the city of moose jaw has no plans for selling the franshise we hold. i know about victoria was more less a example used by the league to the city and the franshise that if things were not in place by the start of the 2010 season the team could be moved and playing in another city in 24 hours ...i have also heard alot of rumblings of cities and markets asking for franchises.. its safe to say that no small market team is safe . the league is so big right now the mandate for attendence is sky rocketing and theres markets in the northren u.s and b.c and even in alberta who could meet those mandates without a doubt... so i guess as the small market and maybe all of saskatchewan and brandon watch the devolpments here in the jaw. i do know as well nothing is set in stone as well and anything could change over night, thats what scares me the most. but to let everyone know what i know things are in place but nothing is really happening till the new year.

patsdude114
12-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Im almost getting to the point now with this Warrior building thing its geting to the point where i dont even care anymore if they move....... MJ city council is f***en around so badly that they deserve to loose the team, maybe then the ppl of MJ would have more of a say that these council ppl better listen to there citizens.....

I know about 12 season ticket holders to the Warriors they all want there team to stay but they r getting sick and tired of the BS that city council is doing with this topic, that there getting to the point as well where they jsut dont care anymore, it will be city councils fault if MJ looses the warriors

wardog fan
12-22-2007, 11:20 AM
you know its nice to see concern from the rest of the league, but you know lets leave what may to those involved. everyone is tired of hearing it, but maybe just maybe our council is doing it for the better, they want to do it right and not make a mistake. saskatoon considers their rink placement a mistake. why should we make the same mistake. things take time i guess and theres property that needs to be bought and examined for any sort of soil damage or contamination. this spring is the telling point and i know things will be going strong in the jaw by april. but you know what till the city lets saskatchewan know whats going on how about we stick to talk about hockey instead of cutting people you dont know or really have no interest in. heres a point if people were so sick of hearing about our rink why talk about it why go to the warrior games, and still to this day our council meetings are usually full with supporters. bottom line is this process is going on long enough i agree , but i do believe its for the betterment of the city