PDA

View Full Version : Today's genius quotes

Tipped Off
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Taken from "Redwic" on another forum...

Interesting Quotes From Friday's Herald Article...

"We have to work hard night in and night out, not take any nights off," center Zack Dailey said.

REALLY? Mr. Dailey, it has been mainly the veterans, including yourself, who have been inconsistently working hard during the first half of the season...

As a result, the Tips are optimistic about a second-half improvement.
"Defensively there's not a lot I would change," Becanic said.

Uhhh... Isn't this the same team which has given up many more goals in the first-half of a season than any prior Silvertips team??? Doesn't the defense take at least some of the blame for that???

"And we've developed our offensive game," Becanic said. "I see that and our staff sees that, but maybe the public doesn't see that."

Uhhh... You're right, Mr. Becanic. Much of the public DOESN'T see that. The team has been too wildly inconsistent, offensively, to see a developed gameplan.

Tipped Off
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I agree with most of Redwic's comments. The only thing I would change is, Dailey is one of the veterens who comes to play every day. As a smallish guy, he does get banged up alot, but he hits people, is a fast skater and can be exciting to watch. I'd like to see him on a line with Burt. That would be some speed on the ice!

Redwic
12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, he certainly plays hard more often than the other veterans, but he still takes the occasional game 'off'... ;)