PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

hobster
12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
A couple things i would like too see the Blades do this trade deadline

Durand and a 3rd round draft pick too the Giants for James Wright

Garrett Klotz too Spokane for a 3rd round draft pick

Garrett Zemlak and Ryan Funk too Tri City for Adam Hughsman and Tyler Schmidt

I doubt any of these would happen but if they did i would be happy with the future out look of the team.The new line combo's would be Out of these new players James Wright is a Saskatoon boy and they have alot of young talent and they have a opening for a over ager like Durand. The Spokane deal they could use some toughness up front. And the Tri City deal they could use a decent back up too Pickard as both goalies there are very young.

Gillies Fiala Wright
Hulak McCrae Wintoneak
Hamilton Patterson Belyk
Reich Toomey Hughsman
Philp Braid

Niemi Schmidt
Elliott Klassen
Flatters Zahn
Berg

Holtby
Krahn

hobster
12-21-2007, 01:01 PM
And if those deals were too happen the line combo's for next season could look something like this

Hulak McCrae Wintoneak
Gillies Wright Hamilton
Europeion Patterson Reich
Toomey Inglis Hughsman
Nichols Crooks

Niemi New 20
Elliott Klassen
Zahn Schmidt
Berg

Holtby
Krahn

Arthur Fonzerelli
12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm not sure if Garrett Zemlak is trade bait. I can see him back in the SJHL next year. :skeptical

Trav
12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Hughesman is a good sixteen year old forward and a lot of fans in Tri Citys like him, cant see him being moved unless maybe if the Blades traded one of their four first two rounds picks in the next bantam draft.

Also the Americans have Kyle Birch who is 17 and has done well for the Americans and has more potential then Zemlak who Id be surprised if he lasts the year here, no offense. He's probably not trade bait and he won't be here next year with Krahn and Morrison waiting in the wings.

hobster
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Hughesman is a good sixteen year old forward and a lot of fans in Tri Citys like him, cant see him being moved unless maybe if the Blades traded one of their four first two rounds picks in the next bantam draft.

Also the Americans have Kyle Birch who is 17 and has done well for the Americans and has more potential then Zemlak who Id be surprised if he lasts the year here, no offense. He's probably not trade bait and he won't be here next year with Krahn and Morrison waiting in the wings.Krahn should probablly be here right now i agree.

Swando
12-24-2007, 02:03 AM
James Wright is playing his best hockey of his career now. I doubt that an overage and 3rd would come close to prying him away from the Giants

Beaner
12-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Wow thats pretty sweet for Saskatoon. A 20 year old center with 7g 10a 17pts and a 3rd pick for a 17 yr old with 8g 14a 22pts.

Yeah like the Giants would even consider that.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Wow thats pretty sweet for Saskatoon. A 20 year old center with 7g 10a 17pts and a 3rd pick for a 17 yr old with 8g 14a 22pts.

Yeah like the Giants would even consider that.
No that deal would not work,and it is know that Molleken loves the hometown kids,but I am sure he(as long as as everyone else knows) that he would have to give up more than just Durand and a 3 round pick for James Wright.

I am sure once Durand,Gilles,and McCrae all return the Blades line-up they should win some more games and in the meantime the other players have to step up and all contribute,but I would not be surprised at all if moves are made, I would just hope and pray that players with skill are brought in,and not any more tough guys!!!! vc124

hobster
12-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I was thinking we should try and trade Klotz but i doubt that will happen cause he is now out for 6 weeks with a injury.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I was thinking we should try and trade Klotz but i doubt that will happen cause he is now out for 6 weeks with a injury.
yeah I do not know if any team would want Klotz anyway, I think Swift Current may be interested? The Blades still have Philp and Reich though. The way the injury pattern seems to be going I just hope Reich stays healthy, he has good speed,and can also tangle with the best of them....sometimes.....

Here is hoping for a better start to the second half of the season. punk rock vc1tt :laugh:

hobster
12-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Well if Tidball can get traded as a 20 year old anything can happen teams like a legit fighter for the playoffs trade Klotz release Philp and just keep Reich

Trav
12-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Durand, Fiala, Gillies and MaCrae all are dealt. The Blades should be able to get a good return for all of them especially the last two.

You all may think I'm crazy saying that we should trade all four but think about it. With Gillies making the WJC team his trade value should be pretty high and yes he's only 18 but he might only play one more year if he even does so if someone wants to give up a top notch prospect or two or a high pick along with the prospect then why not go for it. Be dumb not to, especially if the guy that they get will be 17 next year and is capable of scoring a lot of goals. The Blades are wanting to host the cup in 2010, Gillies wont be here but a good young player thats acquired could be and who knows and could be a big part of the team.

MaCrae will also be gone after next year, getting a decent youngster and/or a good pick would benefit the team.

Durand and Fiala, well as much as I'd like to see them finish off their whl career with the Blades, they've been great additions if teams are looking for upgrades with their overagers and wanna offer a good return for them, the Blades have got to do it.

brawler21
12-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Garrett Klotz too Spokane for a 3rd round draft pick

I doubt any of these would happen but if they did i would be happy with the future out look of the team.The new line combo's would be Out of these new players James Wright is a Saskatoon boy and they have alot of young talent and they have a opening for a over ager like Durand. The Spokane deal they could use some toughness up front. And the Tri City deal they could use a decent back up too Pickard as both goalies there are very young.

Gillies Fiala Wright
Hulak McCrae Wintoneak
Hamilton Patterson Belyk
Reich Toomey Hughsman
Philp Braid

Niemi Schmidt
Elliott Klassen
Flatters Zahn
Berg

Holtby
Krahn
No way that'd happen with spokane.....the chiefs are deep up front....if anything theyd be looking for a vetran defensemen....besides, klotz would not fit into our system well imo....our forwards are speedy....klotz isnt all that fast is he?
toughness up front we already have kelner and letts checking line that adds all the toughness we need.
just my take

defencerocks
12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Saw the first poster talked about moving Funk. Can't see that ever happening. He should be one of the top 4 next year.

howley
12-28-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd think he's one of the top 4 this year.

wango tango
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
sounds like molleken is going to the u-17's in london. scouting out possible 16 year olds to trade for. guess he won't be behind the bench against regina.

wango tango
12-28-2007, 08:12 PM
i'd be surprised if klotz got dealt, he's out for over a month with a knee injury.

mccrae, durand, fiala, gillies, and zemlak are all on my most likely to get dealt list.

with molleken off to the u-17's, perhaps he can see if krahn is ready to step up right now and assume the backup roll.

howley
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Zemlak has been far to inconsistent to rely on as a starter IMO.

hobster
12-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Zemlak has been far to inconsistent to rely on as a starter IMO.Yes and Holtby is only 18 maybe if he was 19 i would consider trading him but we can have him back for the next 2 seasons yet

hobster
12-29-2007, 06:18 PM
We wont trade Holtby we are set with pretty much 4 picks in the top 30 next draft so we don't need draft picks and krahn and holtby will get the job done

hobster
12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
I would happy if the Blades drafted ST.Croix rattie or Benson who are all tearing it up we could get 2 you never know

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Time is going to tell because something has to give in the next week. Wouldn't surprise me if there is alot of movement...several teams are going to make a run at in all divisions and all are missing something to make their team complete.

sbtatter
12-29-2007, 08:23 PM
We wont trade Holtby we are set with pretty much 4 picks in the top 30 next draft so we don't need draft picks and krahn and holtby will get the job done With their recent poor record of drafting the Blades scouts must be sweating they don't mess up with their picks.

Trav
12-29-2007, 08:33 PM
why do people here think they're going to have four picks in the top 30. There's 22 teams, so there's 44 picks in the first two rounds, we have Vancouvers 2nd round pick, they're going to be around 38-42. There's a difference.

The Blades better not screw the picks up. They better pick four guys that are going to be in the top 20 or so 16's when they're all 16.

hobster
12-29-2007, 09:13 PM
4 picks in the top 30 are gonna be key for us

Trav
12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
explain how its 4 picks in the top 30. We have our own and PG's first round picks. Then we have our own and Vancouver's 2nd round picks. Where is Vancouver, their 2nd round pick isnt in the top 30.

It's 4 PICKS IN THE TOP 44.

howley
12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say Mccrae is definitely traded and he won't bring the return that Blades fans expect.

Trav
12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
He's likely going to be back next year so the Blades should be able to get a decent young prospect and maybe a pick in return.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I would like to think that any of the veteran guys that are older,and NHL Drafted may get traded and even better if they can get the Blades a good return,and so there are a number of guys that are in this situation. The F word Future is hopefully what the Blades are going to be trading for (if they even do any trading) I am going to say yes that some noise will be made,but for the future.

sbtatter
01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I would like to think that any of the veteran guys that are older,and NHL Drafted may get traded and even better if they can get the Blades a good return,and so there are a number of guys that are in this situation. The F word Future is hopefully what the Blades are going to be trading for (if they even do any trading) I am going to say yes that some noise will be made,but for the future. What do you think it would take to pry Gillies out of toontown?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-03-2008, 07:20 PM
What do you think it would take to pry Gillies out of toontown?OK well I think it might take some young talent and maybe a draft pick,so maybe you could send us a player from that amazing kid line?

sbtatter
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
OK well I think it might take some young talent and maybe a draft pick,so maybe you could send us a player from that amazing kid line?
I think we need a d-man more than a forward. I hope we stay with what we have tbh. Calgary could sure use Gillies though.

Trav
01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
they can give us Fiddler or Schaber as part of the package lol. Wouldnt mind Fox either.

hobster
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
gillies for regner and bouma

hobster
01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Gillies might go too vancouver they might want a power foward like a lucic

Trav
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Gillies for Regner and Bouma.

eye4aneye
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
maybe you can get the farm thrown in too?? :clap: :laugh:

howley
01-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Gilles and Fiala both to Calgary for....I have no idea. I'm calling that. Mccrae to Kootenay as well....

hobster
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I sure hope if the Blades pick first in this years bantam draft wich is a lotterie situation, i hope they draft offensive gifted foward Brent Benson out of Weyburn. I watched this kid play today in the Saskatoon pepsi bantam tourney and the kid looks like he's a man playing amungst boys allready.

Trav
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
with their first pick as well and then with the pick from the Cougars, go for a solid two way d-man although if there's a really good offensive duo that are legit top five candidates then go for them.

hobster
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah the Blade seem too like picking local talent with there bantam picks if thats the case this years bantam group is more loaded with offensive d-men

wango tango
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
idle speculation before the trade deadline.

funk to vancouver. for a mid level prospect. the giants are beating the bushes for defensive help, bonner was in edmonton last night. don't know if a 4-0 game helps showcase a player though.

fiala or durand and a mid round bantam pick to kelowna for an offensive prospect plus a bantam pick. this is if and only if the rockets decide macewan their 20 year old captain is done for the season. the price may seem high to pay for a 20, but the bar has been established by other trades leading up to the deadline.

CrazyGeorge
01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
McCrae got dealt to Spokane didn't he?

hobster
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
idle speculation before the trade deadline.

funk to vancouver. for a mid level prospect. the giants are beating the bushes for defensive help, bonner was in edmonton last night. don't know if a 4-0 game helps showcase a player though.Bonner was in Edmonton too watch Stamler and Swaby of the Oil Kings i don't think they would want Ryan Funk who is a -24 or something and doesn't lay out the body and doesn't put up the points.

fiala or durand and a mid round bantam pick to kelowna for an offensive prospect plus a bantam pick. this is if and only if the rockets decide macewan their 20 year old captain is done for the season. the price may seem high to pay for a 20, but the bar has been established by other trades leading up to the deadline.Not sure if they would want Ryan Funk he is a - 24 and doesn't lay out the body and doesn't put up the points he's one of our worste d-men plus Bonner was in Edmonton too watch Stamler and Swaby.

howley
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I can't see funk moving. All that's left to go seems to be Durand and Fiala, everyone else is either young or Gillies.

dagley
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=15471