PDA

View Full Version : Broncos all-time team

stick boy
12-24-2007, 02:08 AM
OK it is way too quiet around here so here is a topic to spur some debate. Pick your all time Swift Current Broncos team.

Forwards:

Joe Sakic - 78 goals, 82 assist in 64 games nuff said, rivalry with Theo Fleury was pure gold.

Todd Holt - 423 points, no one brought the fans at the Civic Centre to their feet as many times, guy was pure electricity and had more heart than any other Bronco

Jason Krywulak - 81 goals are you kidding me, perfect trigger man and dominant on the powerplay

Defense:

Brent Bilodeau - physically dominant, could move the puck and could drop the mitts. Over a point a game on Broncos blue line, tough to understand why he never made it in the show

Dan Lambert - no debate is allowed on this one. 102 points in 59 games in 88/89 does not lie. As good a powerplay QB as you could ever ask for. Played in wrong era otherwise would have lit it up in the NHL

Goal:

Milan Hnilicka -toughest decision, 3.36 GAA was pretty damn good in those days.

Scout
12-24-2007, 08:35 AM
One change i would make and maybe because i'm older than you lol is i would replace Krywulak with Trottier.

Bryon Trottier

72/73 GP 67 GOALS 16 ASSISTS 29 POINTS 45 as a 16 year-old rookie
73/74 GP 68 GOALS 41 ASSISTS 71 POINTS 112
74/75 GP 67 GOALS 46 ASSISTS 98 POINTS 144

Jason Krywulak

91/92 GP 72 GOALS 43 ASSISTS 59 POINTS 102
92/93 GP 72 GOALS 81 ASSISTS 81 POINTS 162

The thing i like more about Trottier was he played both ends and was tougher. Could you imagine him setting up Sakic? Jason did his feat was a 20 year-old and Trottier was only 18. How many points would Bryon get as a 20 year-old?

Scout

Scout
12-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Monday, December 24, 2007
Bronco All Time Team

Good thought idea on whlfans.ca. Bronco all time team...The best of the best at each position. Because NO ONE asked, here are my pics...

Disclaimer; whenever I do one of these lists, I only include players from 1986 to present. If you want to include Trottier, Ruskowski, Tiger and company on yours, be my guest.

Forwards:

Joe Sakic. Easy choice because of the obvious 78 goals and 82 assists in 87 and 88, but even though Joe was not on the Mem Cup team of 89, players on that team will say having him around the year before made them better.

Andy Schneider. One of the smartest players in the history of the dub. So much skill. The straw that stirred the drink on the 93 WHL championship team. Jason Krywulak and his 162 points were good, but his 162 points came with the help of Schneider.

Todd Holt. 5'5 135 pounds. Five years as a Bronco...423 points. Tyler Wright almost got this spot on the team...but Holt was nicer to me when I was the stick boy.

Defence:

Dan Lambert. I still consider him the best Bronco ever. "Pep" could do it all on the ice and was a leader in the room.

Brent Bilodeau. Big and scary with offensive upside. How he stayed out of the NHL is one of hockey's greatest mysteries.

Goal:

Trevor Kruger. How could I possibly have a guy with a GAA abouve 4 as the all time best goalie? Kruger would always make the big save in a close game that gave Swift a chance to win it. He did it in the mem cup final. Some people would say Milan Hnilicka should have the spot. Milan didn't make those big saves like Kruger did. Milan's Bronco victories where often 8-3 routes where he didn't have to come up big. If Milan had his A-game in the 93 mem cup, we'd have another banner.

I love discussions like this. I hope more people reply over at whlfans.

R$

Viper40
12-28-2007, 01:35 PM
....All very great picks , I must say. I have watched a lot of seasons here, and cannot argue with the picks that have been made, so sticking to what I know best, I will just add my 2 cents.......Not here long enough to say the greatest goalie in Bronco history, but some of the best goaltending performances I ever witnessed in the old C.C./Iplex was Bryce Wandler and I have got to say it, but every team needs a tough guy, and maybe didnt put up Bilodeau's points, but twice as solid defensivly and if not tougher.....with the scar intimidation factor ,I might add,.......Dean Serdachney