PDA

View Full Version : Can Kamloops do anything right ?

grainbear
12-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Whether it is the unofficial drinking party with there rep team or whether it is the quotes from the Blazers new coach about his son's wish to go and play for Boston unniversity team .I ask the following question is it the water or what is the problem with the good sense in that town? Yes, every parent wants what is best for their child but what about the education route the WHL offers ? You take a young child, and unfortunatly he may hve to live away from mommy and dad but you challenge him with the need to have fun, grow up , develop his hockey skills in a competive atmosphere away from the distractions that friends positive or negative may have in their home community and in return you offer them the number one route to the pros and baring that they get a full ride scholarship. The other fact to notice is that most teams now apart from selections 1 or 2 in the draft seem to picking players closer to their home markets. I do expect the league to come out and inform the coach that this is certainly not in his, Kamloops or for the most important matter his sons best interest if he is seriously considering hockey and education

rinkrat
12-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I ask the following question is it the water or what is the problem with the good sense in that town?

I wouldn't paint the whole town with the same brush. There are alot of decent people there and are speaking out against the couple of twits at the KMHA. As for Hawgood, he was probably thinking with his mouth open. ;)

grainbear
12-26-2007, 11:09 AM
thanks for the clairification, of course I am not speaking of all the fans in Kamloops, just some of the ones that are not only giving a bad view to your great hockey community but to all sports fans .

Arthur Fonzerelli
12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
When discussing coaches who have a preference for wanting their kids to play NCAA, as well as Greg Hawgood you have to add Kelly Kisio and Kelly McCrimmon from the WHL and then add Andy Murray from the NHL.

eye4aneye
12-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I think that it is odd that management/coach types want their kids to go the college route. I mean the they get their paychk from a whl team and yet....That is kind of like working for one bank and doing all your banking at another. Or working at one airline and flying the competition. I don't get it. How is this league supposed to draw kids here with their scholarship programs and the Suits let their kids play NCAA. Shakes head , opens another beer ...uses soap box for firewood. If i owned a whl team and the coach's kid was going NCAA....i might look for a different coach....I mean how can you let the coach recruit? Is a 15 year sitting on the fence as to where he wants to play listening to the coach preach about the WHL and how great it is but oh ya my dna is at Boston College learning an american accent and only playing 32 games....... shakes head some more vc178 Boogaard'd Do you think Brent Sutter would let one of his kids play NCAA???? oh my god now I am laughing ...can't see that ever happening unless his kids IQ was off the charts and he needed stimulation at Harvard.