PDA

View Full Version : question

Link Dog
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Who started the rule of type and use of noisemakers at the iplex and who is in charge of enforceing it?

Scout
12-26-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm guessing the board and enforced by Ghost Security. Maybe phone the Bronco office and ask Jordan or tracy. Both are very helpful. If not talk to one of the board members you may know or if you don't know any of them let me know and i will try to find out as i know all the board members.

Scout

dagley
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
We have the same thing here, blow horns aren't allowed...I think it's quite pathetic our building is probably the quietest in the dub.

Toswammi
12-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Ummm just a little tidbit of info i have gotten over the years. You can bring damn near anything you want as long as you are somewhat respectable with it.

Link Dog
12-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Wasn't able to get a hold of Jordan (only tried once though) but I did run into a board member in my travels today, so I asked him about the "noisemaker rules". He wasn't really sure where it started or why so I have come to the conclusion that it is an urban legend of some kind. Somewhere, sometime ago, someone started a vicious rumour that cheering loudly and making noise at a hockey game would bring bad luck to the home squad. I myself think that the exact opposite is true and I believe we should put it to a test. I know I am not of the authority, but I declare Friday's game at the iplex as noisemaker, bring the roof down, rock the rafters, and make it loud like it's 1989 and who cares what anybody thinks of me cheering for My Team night. There has been enough comments on this site about the lack of atmosphere at the rink. The time has come to make a change. As I see it, if enough of us are getting loud and proud, we'll outnumber security and they won't be able to throw us all out. So bring your horn, cowbells and voice and let's go crazy for the home team!! yeehoo :clap: vc1tt

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-28-2007, 02:02 AM
There's a rule against noisemakers? I've been bringing an air horn to several games this year and never was told once that it wasn't allowed. Such a rule would kind of contradict the "Love it Loud" slogan the team had from the past two seasons.

Scout
12-28-2007, 07:51 AM
I asked one of the office staff if air horns were allowed and was told no. I will see what i can find out.

Scout

Toswammi
12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Ummm they allowed a trumpet to be used a few years back so......there is no rules for the such; just be respectful.

Link Dog
12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I asked one of the office staff if air horns were allowed and was told no.
The only reason I could see this rule is if a select few were being clowns about it and disrespectful to others.

You can bring damn near anything you want as long as you are somewhat respectable with it.
If they are used to support a good play or effort by the home team it should not be a problem.

Such a rule would kind of contradict the "Love it Loud" slogan the team had from the past two seasons.
Exactly!! People spend a good chunck of change to go to a game and have fun and watch two teams battle. Why penalize them by making them sit on their hands. I know for a fact the boys on the team would like nothing better than to have a loud crowd behind them when they play here much like what they faced when they were on the American swing. I stand by my declaration! It is time to change the reputation of the iplex being a quiet rink and it starts tonight! GO BRONCOS GO!