PDA

View Full Version : Season Ender READ THS POST

Willis on the Welfare
03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
I was planning a recap for the last game, but the awards have been handed out and frankly there wasn't much to recap. The Tigers didn't dress Barker, Blanshan, Meyer and Nastiuk and the crowd was dead. The Tigers had their awards handed out pre-game on ice. In a funny moment Cam Barker was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND DURING THE CEREMONY AND WON NOTHING!!!

The Broncos scored a goal, and at the end they made sure Cruse got a good send off. The season had ups and downs, they worked hard all year and those boys will be better after a very character building season.

Later in this post I will address the question of my identity. Who is Willis. Many of you think I'm a local disc jockey. I'm not sure why you care.

So next year how do you like this blueline? Fransoo, Rumsey, Hengen, Larochelle, Schulz, Lloyd, Defore, Claffey, Postma, Benke. TEN blueliners. Methinks a trade for someone who can SCORE A GOAL may happen.

I'm not sure what the prognosis is, but a healthy Colin Stone has me excited.

I wish I had more hockey talk but I have a situation I want to address.

So check this out. I got a message through this site from guess who....

Subject: Hello Willis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willis,

I am a big fan of your work and style. Through your recaps and posts you have developed quite a reputation in the Bronco organiztion and around the city. There are many people who think that you and I are one in the same. People in the Bronco organization and on the streets think that I'm Willis on the Welfare. During my speech at the awards banquet I had people heckling me by using your name. While I have no problem taking credit for your genius, some of your opinions rub people I associate with the wrong way. Most people in the organization don't care and we laugh about it, however someone clearly resents me and has soured on me because of your writings. If there is some way you could prove you're not me I would greatly appreciate it.

Name erased by moderator

Well the only way I can prove I'm not you is to say who I am and that won't be happening.

This actually pisses me off. ******* is a guy with a young family and I'm pretty sure he attended EVERY home game this past year and many road games, not to mention I hear he is very vocal on the Champions of the Broncos. I remember when this city was crying foul when the Broncos didn't hire Habscheid to be coach and GM, and ******* went on the radio and predicted Chynoweth would be "the best thing to happen to the Broncos".
It's too bad someone in the Broncos is concerned with the identity of an anonymous internet poster when they should be thinking about THE TEAM. I can probably guess who is giving ******* heat for this but I won't post his name and get a disc jockey in more trouble.

My advice to *******. Step down from ALL YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE BRONCOS. You heard me. As a color commentator you're alright, but your legacy is being the crazy disc jockey. When you inevitably leave Swift Current for a big city, no one will miss you as a color guy, but people will talk about the wild **** you pulled on the radio. Frankly, since you've been the color guy it's taken away from what you're best at. I'm sure you bring good ideas to the Champions of the Broncos as well, but someone feels your input is not as important as WILLIS ON THE WELFARE! Your efforts I'm sure are appreciated by some, but obviously someone important doesn't give a damn. Quit. Be a dad, spend time loving your wife and watch your little ones grow and don't miss a second of it to analyze neutral zone traps anymore. Take your kids to games the same way your parents took you. Use your celebrity status to introduce your kids to the players. Your kids will think you're the coolest, and the feeling of that will be way better than giving away chinese food after a powerplay goal.

rant over

I like to say everyone reads Willis, but I had no idea how true that was.

Good job Home Hardware in picking up the Legionnaires. If you haven't heard, they're bringing PIERRE MCGUIRE and GORD MILLER to town for a banquet. I hear Home Hardware kicked in $50,000 to help out the Legionnaires!!!

So that does it for another hockey season. The ice is out of the CC. Thanks Scout for inviting me to be on this board, it is awesome!!! To all the other posters who enjoyed the recaps and posts I made, thanks for your feedback. To Smackit, Bronco Rep, Broncs in RD, Flathead, CH, Loyalty, Tupac and even ointhecreek (I know you've never really liked me, but love for the Broncos unites us) I look forward to seeing you at the rink next year where we as Bronco fans will RAISE HELL AND MAKE NOISE!!!

When does the golf course open?

Willi$

Flathead
03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Have an awesome summer man! :groovy: Thanks for the laughs in your posts!

smackitsakic
03-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Willis i don't particularly understand your post in the slightest. What is that initial part about having people being sour b/c other think that they are you?
I know who the ******* is. He emailed you and sent you that or what?
He'd be a heck of a guy to have on this board - not many see the team more than him.

grumphy
03-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks for entertaining us since you came on this board. Sure look forward to your return next season----until then swing a mean club and have a great off season :thumb:

Willis on the Welfare
03-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Sorry, after reading my message I can see how it would get confusing.

I got a message through this site from a well known local radio personality (who is a registered member of whlfans.ca under his real name). In my original post I stated his name, but Scout used his mod power and asterisked his name out. I have no problem with that, Scout is the mod and it's probably better that way.

This radio guy is upset. People with the Broncos think HE is Willis on the Welfare. If you go back to the old blue board people have always thought Willis on the Welfare is this guy. Someone with the Broncos is upset at him for MY opinions. He asked if I could somehow prove that we are not the same person cause MY opinions are getting HIM in trouble. When he gave a speech at the awards banquet someone was shouting "WILLIS" at him.

Long story short, this guy does not want to be associated with my opinions, because a person who can't take criticism is mad at him. He would like it if I could state I'm not him and prove it.

I can't prove who I'm not, I can only prove who I am.

I am Willis on the Welfare.

Scout
03-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Sorry Bro i had to omit the name. If it is any help, the person who told me who you are did not say it was who you said. Are you as confused as i am now? To make it less confusing if my info is correct on who you are you did NOT m.c. the awards.

Scout

ointhecreek
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
I gotta admit, at first I didn't like you much(on the blue board) but I didn't really understand your sense of humour and where you were coming from. Since then after reading your posts you have grown on me. I don't always agree with some of your stuff, but you are right. We are united in our love for the Broncos. Have a good summer, man, and I hope to meet you and have a beer with you next winter at the rink. Hell, maybe we can get together when the tigers are in town and heckle some tiger fans. :laugh: Peace.

Tupac to the Top
03-25-2005, 01:28 AM
How about those Broncos? :rolleyes: