PDA

View Full Version : Trade Levi

dtnewbie_bronco
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Lets just do it. he is a cancer and clearly we can get someone that will help us more then he does.

Flathead
12-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Lets just do it. he is a cancer and clearly we can get someone that will help us more then he does.
33 games 30 points, +10. Gets under the oppositions skin causes them to take penalties, what more do you want? Keep up the great season Levi.

ointhecreek
12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Levi must have stole his girlfriend. haha

penman
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Every time someone says something about Levi they bring up his points big deal he has never never played on a 3rd or 4th line. And they go on and on about his drawing pealties I would hazard a guess he has as many as he has drawn.Iam thinking levi is probally a player who thinks he should be playing in the A and not where he is.I for one was happy to be watching the game in Seattle when hw got benched good for the coaches.He is a very selfish player plain and simple.I cant agree with you more trade him.Maybe there are some GM's out who are like Flathead or ointhecreek and dont watch what is really going on on the ice and just look at numbers,heck why do scouts drive and fly all over looking at players all they would have to do is read the stats hmmm maybe you guys should tell them and save them all that time and money

Pinball Wizzard
12-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I agree it would be great to trade Levi. For who? only other guys of his potential calibre with stats and skill who we could trade for would be other selfish players teams don't want. If we can't fix this problem player how can we fix someone else's. Did we inspire Dancereau, another skill guy with problems? So far we haven't had a lot of luck with head cases.(Though Felde is proving his worth.)
Just saying it may be harder to trade then it looks.

Flathead
12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Every time someone says something about Levi they bring up his points big deal he has never never played on a 3rd or 4th line. And they go on and on about his drawing pealties I would hazard a guess he has as many as he has drawn.Iam thinking levi is probally a player who thinks he should be playing in the A and not where he is.I for one was happy to be watching the game in Seattle when hw got benched good for the coaches.He is a very selfish player plain and simple.I cant agree with you more trade him.Maybe there are some GM's out who are like Flathead or ointhecreek and dont watch what is really going on on the ice and just look at numbers,heck why do scouts drive and fly all over looking at players all they would have to do is read the stats hmmm maybe you guys should tell them and save them all that time and money
He's never played on the third or fourth line for a reason, because he's a talented 1st or 2nd liner. Why did he get to play on team WHL this year, because he's no good and selfish, don't think so. I guess the Bruins thought they would just waist a draft pick, and saw nothing in Levi so they picked him. Levi plays with a lot of emotion and desire to win, that sometimes crosses the line and I think that fans mistake that for him being selfish, I don't think Levi ever purposely does anything to hurt his team. He's a player that has to keep his emotion right under the line and when he crosses it, he regrets it. Has he ever played a selfish game, yes, but most players have at one time and mabye that's why he got benched in Seattle.
I thought his game last night was very good, he was flying around, hitting, getting the Tigers off there game, got a goal. He did get 6 minutes in pims, but lets look at those pims, the first was a roughing coincidental with Isherwood and Carlson both trying to beat on him at the same time, the next was a borderline hooking call(but it did stop Med Hat from getting a good shot away in the slot) and the last was an absolutely ridiculous interference call, you remeber the one where the whole rink went off. I might have agreed that Levi was selfish the first 7 games or so, but I think he has turned it around and is playing some very good hockey. Keep up the good work Levi and there's a lot more Levi fans out there than not!

ointhecreek
12-29-2007, 11:24 AM
He's never played on the third or fourth line for a reason, because he's a talented 1st or 2nd liner. Why did he get to play on team WHL this year, because he's no good and selfish, don't think so.
Couldn't agree more, why would a player thats talented as him play on the fourth line? Not a good comment pennman.

I guess the Bruins thought they would just waist a draft pick, and saw nothing in Levi so they picked him. Levi plays with a lot of emotion and desire to win, that sometimes crosses the line and I think that fans mistake that for him being selfish, I don't think Levi ever purposely does anything to hurt his team. He's a player that has to keep his emotion right under the line and when he crosses it, he regrets it. Has he ever played a selfish game, yes, but most players have at one time and mabye that's why he got benched in Seattle.
I thought his game last night was very good, he was flying around, hitting, getting the Tigers off there game, got a goal. He did get 6 minutes in pims, but lets look at those pims, the first was a roughing coincidental with Isherwood and Carlson both trying to beat on him at the same time, the next was a borderline hooking call(but it did stop Med Hat from getting a good shot away in the slot) and the last was an absolutely ridiculous interference call, you remeber the one where the whole rink went off. I might have agreed that Levi was selfish the first 7 games or so, but I think he has turned it around and is playing some very good hockey. Keep up the good work Levi and there's a lot more Levi fans out there than not!
All good comments. Levi is one of the few guys besides Wiese that goes out with a lot of energy and desire and I've seen him get real peeved when he doesn't accomplish what he sets out to do. Does he have an attitude? Yes, as most players of his caliber do, usually off the ice. I would say some of his critiques have had a run in with him and just plain don't like him. Has nothing to do with his contributions to the team.

dtnewbie_bronco
12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Levi Is The Type Of Guy Who Can Lose A Game 8-2 And Have 2 Points And Still Be Happy With The Outcome Because He's On The Score Sheet.

Big Ern
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Levi Is The Type Of Guy Who Can Lose A Game 8-2 And Have 2 Points And Still Be Happy With The Outcome Because He's On The Score Sheet.

I never get involved in this kind of thread anymore, because of past issues. For one, A new thread on this subject gets started at least once a month...it's just stupid. For two, I tend to get too much involved, so I have just ignored this sort of thread for the most part.

But just for the record DTNEWBIEBRONCO: I can personally state that you have never been more wrong than you are with this comment. Honestly.

d-man
12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
I have to say that we need to deal Levi. Not because he has a bad attitude, is selfish or is a cancer. Our backend is in huge trouble and Levi allows us to get something substantial in return like a Ty Wishart. Levi is also one of too many 19yo that we need to trim down for next year.
Hate to see him go but with two defensemen gone for likely the rest of the regular season the writing is on the wall.

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I have to say that we need to deal Levi. Not because he has a bad attitude, is selfish or is a cancer. Our backend is in huge trouble and Levi allows us to get something substantial in return like a Ty Wishart. Levi is also one of too many 19yo that we need to trim down for next year.
Hate to see him go but with two defensemen gone for likely the rest of the regular season the writing is on the wall.
Which 19 year olds do you want to keep for next year, and who would you trade?

Toswammi
12-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Which 19 year olds do you want to keep for next year, and who would you trade?

Right now i am keeping Yonks, Wiess and Smith as my 20's....Levi would be the odd man odd (assuming Prov dont want him)

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Right now i am keeping Yonks, Wiess and Smith as my 20's....Levi would be the odd man odd (assuming Prov dont want him) Who are the other O/A's? Is one Danserau?

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Stieler, McAvoy. Dansereau and Nelson.

I would keep Wiese, Smith and Yonks as well. At this point.