PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Suspended

dagley
12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
12/28/07 - Todd Kennedy - Regina - Tbd under supplemental discipline at Brandon on December 27.

15 games sounds right, and nobody say anything absurd like the rest of the season, get real.

JDubb
12-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I was watching the live feed last night, but was away from the computer when the hit happened. I just saw the trainer out and Fehr being helped off.
I tried to see video on the news tonight, but to no avail. Does it exist?

The hockey world hasn't been consistent with suspensions this year, so even if I saw it, it would be hard to say. Still waiting for Bergeron to skate.

Beaner
12-28-2007, 11:52 PM
12/28/07 - Todd Kennedy - Regina - Tbd under supplemental discipline at Brandon on December 27.

15 games sounds right, and nobody say anything absurd like the rest of the season, get real.

I can't think of any suspensions in the WHL that were even close to 15 games in the last 3-4 years.

If recent history is anything to learn from, at most he will get 5-6 games.

patsdude114
12-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Kennedy will be lucky to get 1 or 2 games since there was no call on the hit to begin with......

sbtatter
12-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Kennedy will be lucky to get 1 or 2 games since there was no call on the hit to begin with...... The ref being blind helped him there! Zalaski shouldn't ref another game until Fehr is back. As far as that little toe rag Kennedy, I imagine the WHL will give him 3 to 5.
The hit was brutal, the turtling afterwards was unforgiveable and embarassing for him and the pats.

JDubb
12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
the turtling afterwards was unforgiveable and embarassing for him and the pats.

Kennedy is out with a minor shoulder injury right now as well so I would assume that he will fight the battle when capable upon next game with
Brandon

wheat_city96
12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
to be honest i dont see why he would get suspended... at most that was a minor penalty for charging. If Fehr would have got right up, no one would of said anything... yeah its too bad he got hurt but thats hockey. You should expect to get cranked when your skating around your own net with your head down. 15 games???? come on guys...

sbtatter
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
to be honest i dont see why he would get suspended... at most that was a minor penalty for charging. If Fehr would have got right up, no one would of said anything... yeah its too bad he got hurt but thats hockey. You should expect to get cranked when your skating around your own net with your head down. 15 games???? come on guys...
If you read the comments from Kelly Mac and Shewy in todays Sun maybe you'll understand the issue a little more fully. Doesn't matter who you play for, you can't charge a guy with an elbow to the head like that, you just can't. The NHL is stamping out that type of the hit, so should the dub, there's no place for that head shot in hockey any more.

Triton
12-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Any word on Fehr?

sbtatter
12-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Any word on Fehr? Yup, he's released from hospital, out indefinitely with a concussion

Bully73
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
If you read the comments from Kelly Mac and Shewy in todays Sun maybe you'll understand the issue a little more fully. Doesn't matter who you play for, you can't charge a guy with an elbow to the head like that, you just can't. The NHL is stamping out that type of the hit, so should the dub, there's no place for that head shot in hockey any more.
I agree with the comments in the paper that the head shots need to be taken out of the game, but us WK fans are the last ones to be *****ing. We cheered many hits like these game in game out a few seasons back with Tootoo patrolling the ice. Not necessarily head shots, as Tootoo was usually much shorter than the guys he was hitting, but he often would get his shoulder close to the oppositions head given the little jump he often had included in his hitting style.

I haven't seen a replay and was sitting quite a ways from the play so am certainly not an expert on the play, but it didn't look like an elbow to me. It looked to me like a much bigger player running his shoulder into a much smaller player with his head down. I agree with the other poster that 15 games would be absurb. Yes, it was charging and potentially deserving of a major penalty, but Fehr is partially to blame leaving himself vulnerable on the play.

BWK
12-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree with the comments in the paper that the head shots need to be taken out of the game, but us WK fans are the last ones to be *****ing. We cheered many hits like these game in game out a few seasons back with Tootoo patrolling the ice.

Whether we cheered for Tootoo or not is irrelavent. Different hockey and different times.

If you read todays Sun, you would see that in the last two years there has been a major effort to get these shots out of this league, from the rules committee on down. The Wheat Kings (and I assume most, if not all WHL teams) sit down with their players at the beginning of the year and explain respect for players and what is acceptable and what is not.

As for the hit on Fehr, I didn't see it sitting the other endzone so I can't comment on it, but what went on 5 seasons ago has no bearing on the reaction to this hit.

sbtatter
12-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I agree with the comments in the paper that the head shots need to be taken out of the game, but us WK fans are the last ones to be *****ing. We cheered many hits like these game in game out a few seasons back with Tootoo patrolling the ice. Not necessarily head shots, as Tootoo was usually much shorter than the guys he was hitting, but he often would get his shoulder close to the oppositions head given the little jump he often had included in his hitting style.

I haven't seen a replay and was sitting quite a ways from the play so am certainly not an expert on the play, but it didn't look like an elbow to me. It looked to me like a much bigger player running his shoulder into a much smaller player with his head down. I agree with the other poster that 15 games would be absurb. Yes, it was charging and potentially deserving of a major penalty, but Fehr is partially to blame leaving himself vulnerable on the play.
It was a cheap shot, deserving of a 3 to 5 game suspension. Read the Bdn Sun and understand what hockey people know was wrong with the hit. Go and look at a replay and you'll see the elbow and charge. Tootoo has nothing to do with kennedy/Fehr.....

Bully73
12-30-2007, 03:01 AM
It was a cheap shot, deserving of a 3 to 5 game suspension. Read the Bdn Sun and understand what hockey people know was wrong with the hit. Go and look at a replay and you'll see the elbow and charge. Tootoo has nothing to do with kennedy/Fehr.....
I never said that I didn't think it was a cheapshot and I never said it wasn't a charge. I was just saying that the 15 games comment was absurb.

I also disagree that Tootoo's style can't be ignored when talking about dirty hits as Tootoo was famous for charging and our fans used to love those hits when we were on the giving side. Yes, the league has finally wisened up and is trying to eliminate the head shots from the game, but lets not start calling for someone's head when he made a play that we used to watch on a nightly basis a few years back from one of our own, and cheer loudly (unless someone got injured, which happened on occassion). Unfortunately, in this case Fehr got his bell rung, but that likely would have happened anyways even with a clean hit as he was so vulnerable coming around the back of the net with his head down.

Brandonite
12-30-2007, 09:56 AM
haha Kelly Mac & Shewy eh?! haha sounds like you guys are pretty tight! haha. Unless your from Brandon no one has a clue who the hell Shewy is...for all you people who are unfamiliar with sbtatter's nicknames, Shewy is James Shewaga Brandon Sun reporter for the Wheat Kings. haha too funny.

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
haha Kelly Mac & Shewy eh?! haha sounds like you guys are pretty tight! haha. Unless your from Brandon no one has a clue who the hell Shewy is...for all you people who are unfamiliar with sbtatter's nicknames, Shewy is James Shewaga Brandon Sun reporter for the Wheat Kings. haha too funny. Ha, i just didn't know how to spell his name, so used Shewy for short. And I think if anyone was tight with Kelly mac, they wouldn't call him Kelly mac!! Once again, when I'm in a rush I can never remember if it's 2 M's, 2N's and a capital C.... so use Kelly M or Kelly mac as someone else on here has done before....

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I never said that I didn't think it was a cheapshot and I never said it wasn't a charge.

Oh, i thought you said....

I haven't seen a replay and was sitting quite a ways from the play so am certainly not an expert on the play, but it didn't look like an elbow to me. It looked to me like a much bigger player running his shoulder into a much smaller player with his head down.

And the Tootoo comparison holds no water unless it's exactly all the same fans who hated Kennedy's head shot, and they all cheered for head shots that caused concussions from Tootoo.

nivek_wahs
12-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Yup, he's released from hospital, out indefinitely with a concussionHmmmm.... Must not have been hurt that badly. I see that he played tonight in Calgary.

WorkHorse
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Must be a mistake on the sheet because he did not play.

nivek_wahs
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Must be a mistake on the sheet because he did not play.Weird.

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm.... Must not have been hurt that badly. I see that he played tonight in Calgary.
He didn't play, he's not on the road trip.

patsdude114
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I totally agree with BWK, Tootoo was 1 of the biggest headhunters in the game in the past 5 to 10 years by far, ya we all cheered for him when he was on Team Canada flying around making his big hits, being known as the Tootoo Train, everyone who cheered once with 1 of Tootoo headhunting acts should not make a comment on this Kennedy hit at all. I for 1 am 1 of them i cheered for Tootoo hits while he was on Team Canada, Tootoo is 1 of those players u hate him when u play against him but love him when hes on your team.

Kennedy is going to be the new MacGillvery (k i know i spelt that wrong) when in Brandon cuz of 1 hit, stuff happens out there happens on both sides from time to time part of the game doesnt mean they go out there to do it on purpose to injure players, ur taught to play hard, finish checks, and win at all costs its sports get used to it

nivek_wahs
12-31-2007, 12:27 AM
He didn't play, he's not on the road trip.Well, he's on the score sheet (for now... until it gets changed [if that happens]... which makes one who didn't watch/listen to the game think that he played.

sbtatter
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Well, he's on the score sheet (for now... until it gets changed [if that happens]... which makes one who didn't watch/listen to the game think that he played. Very wierd. I watched the game and he didn't play.

sbtatter
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Probably about the most we could expect being as though it's his first offence...
12/28/07 Todd Kennedy Regina Four games under supplemental discipline at Brandon on December 27.

Fight Guy
12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Wouldn't have though he would get anymore.

nivek_wahs
01-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Looks like Fehr's back.

sbtatter
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks like Fehr's back.First game back last night. Missed 5 games. Is Kennedy in your lineup, or no spot for him with the massive housecleaning you've done?

witness
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
There is a spot for Kennedy, but he was also injuried on the hit.