PDA

View Full Version : canes 5 hitmen 4........................

shushu
12-29-2007, 12:35 AM
way to bounce back boys, keep up the hard work and we will only get better when zach and luca return..................go canes go............................

O&C
12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Well i didnt get to listen to the broadcast because I decided to drive up to the game and check things out for my self. What a barn burner it turned into last night! Calgary was killing the Canes with a very fast trasition game but couldnt keep sustained pressure like the Canes could. Im still deciding on the goaltending last night. Both Manny and Jones let in some very weak goals but also had some pretty huge stops.
Like i said, the both hitmen second period goals were scored on huge efforts by Hitmen players on Hurricane turnovers at the Calgary blue line. Calgary's trasition and speed was so fast that they blew past our D and strait into Manny. Esspecially in the case of Kozun's first goal were the entrire team broke down.
Most of the Canes goal's last night were real trashy which was actually good to see. Colton Sev' played incredible last night which turned out to be huge because Calgary was all over Fadden again last night. Talking to a buddy of mine on the Hitmen after the game and he was telling me that the two teams just hate each other at this point and that the Hitmen have been given a mandate to shut down Fadden.
Other things I noticed throughout the game was how Calgary was a much better team in the faceoff circle. Calgary would win most of the draw's forcing the Canes to steal back the puck (which they did very well). The Canes also NEED to stop taking penalty's esspecially early on. If i remember correctly, the Hitmen had had 4 pp's by the end of the first and the canes 0. The good news there was that the shots were around 15-14 for the Hitmen!

I hope that wasnt too long. It was a ton of fun going up there to see the boys on the road (wearing there blues now i discoved after christmas). Nice to see quite a few fellow Canes fans up there. I heard some decent cheering after all our goals so highfive Lethbridge!

shushu
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Well i didnt get to listen to the broadcast because I decided to drive up to the game and check things out for my self. What a barn burner it turned into last night! Calgary was killing the Canes with a very fast trasition game but couldnt keep sustained pressure like the Canes could. Im still deciding on the goaltending last night. Both Manny and Jones let in some very weak goals but also had some pretty huge stops.
Like i said, the both hitmen second period goals were scored on huge efforts by Hitmen players on Hurricane turnovers at the Calgary blue line. Calgary's trasition and speed was so fast that they blew past our D and strait into Manny. Esspecially in the case of Kozun's first goal were the entrire team broke down.
Most of the Canes goal's last night were real trashy which was actually good to see. Colton Sev' played incredible last night which turned out to be huge because Calgary was all over Fadden again last night. Talking to a buddy of mine on the Hitmen after the game and he was telling me that the two teams just hate each other at this point and that the Hitmen have been given a mandate to shut down Fadden.
Other things I noticed throughout the game was how Calgary was a much better team in the faceoff circle. Calgary would win most of the draw's forcing the Canes to steal back the puck (which they did very well). The Canes also NEED to stop taking penalty's esspecially early on. If i remember correctly, the Hitmen had had 4 pp's by the end of the first and the canes 0. The good news there was that the shots were around 15-14 for the Hitmen!

I hope that wasnt too long. It was a ton of fun going up there to see the boys on the road (wearing there blues now i discoved after christmas). Nice to see quite a few fellow Canes fans up there. I heard some decent cheering after all our goals so highfive Lethbridge!

thank for the review, tried to watch the game on the free broadcast on whl.ca but my internet speed is way to slow..........sure is funny though listening to pat from the canes and curly from the hitmen doing their broadcasts, it hard to believe both of them are watching the same game, or even in the same building .........................

hitmanfan
12-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Scevior had one hell of a game. Maybe instead of everyone watching Fadden they should have watched Scevior as well. Our vets didn't step up and yours sure did. To bad Chorneko had to try and remove Plantes' head though. Kind of marred the game, alhough by PIM he seems to be a fairly clean player.

localguy
12-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Chorns is a clean player, I saw the mupltip[le angles that were shown on the webcast, and it didn;t look like it was from behind, he committed to the hit, plante lost his balance, and couldn;t protect himself. A suspension due, probably, but the calgary announcers made it sound much more dirty than it looked. Hopefully Plante isn't hurt too bad.

O&C
12-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Scevior had one hell of a game. Maybe instead of everyone watching Fadden they should have watched Scevior as well. Our vets didn't step up and yours sure did. To bad Chorneko had to try and remove Plantes' head though. Kind of marred the game, alhough by PIM he seems to be a fairly clean player.

Yah, Adam definantly isnt the guy I would pick to do somthing like he did. localguy is dead on by saying that Choyrn's didnt intentionaly hurt the guy (Paul somthing I think, I met him after the game, nice kid). They were both going for the puck and instead of scrumming for it Choyrn's went for the push. Definatly not going to defend it because I agree that it deserved the 5 minuets, but i think he got the game because of the way the Hitmen reacted to the hit. If i remember right atleast 2 hitmen dogpiled him in the next corner to Jones left and im pretty sure that the smart thing for the reffs to do was get him out of the game before somthing worse happend.
As far as Brad Curl's and calgary's colour guy's (whats his name again, works for the Fan quite a bit I think) oppinions go; they were definatly aided with the fact that the entire building erupted. You could feel the tention going on before the hit and that was all it took to have the explosion we seen...

localguy
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Are you sure you were at the game lol, it was alex plante, 1st rounder to Edmonton. Make sure you drop the right names whem name dropping. lol

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Are you sure you were at the game lol, it was derrick plante, 1st rounder to Edmonton. Make sure you drop the right names whem name dropping. lol
Or Alex plante??!!

O&C
12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
lol, I am humbled... sorry about that. And im pretty sure that Derrick plays for Brandon Localguy. So we can both be wrong this time ;) I was mistaken. I was talking about Paul Postma. I thought he had taken the hit for some reason...

localguy
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=O&C]lol, I am humbled... sorry about that. And im pretty sure that Derrick plays for Brandon Localguy. So we can both be wrong this time ;) I was mistaken. I was talking about Paul Postma. I thought he had taken the hit for some reason...[/QUOTE

Actually he played for the Sabres a few years ago, but his brother Tyler did play in Brandon though. Alex is the name of the kid.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Chorns is a clean player, I saw the mupltip[le angles that were shown on the webcast, and it didn;t look like it was from behind, he committed to the hit, plante lost his balance, and couldn;t protect himself. A suspension due, probably, but the calgary announcers made it sound much more dirty than it looked. Hopefully Plante isn't hurt too bad.

I agree. It was not like he drove him face first into the boards from behind. When he began to initiate the hit they were actually side by side. Not back to front. He also did not blast him into the boards but hit him with only an average amount of force. More of a balance/timing thing than malicious. I will be surprised if he gets suspended.

localguy
12-31-2007, 05:09 PM
12/29/07 Adam Chorneyko Lethbridge Two games for boarding major and g.m. at Calgary on December 28.

I guess the powers that be thought otherwise, looks like the standard 2 games for a match penalty.