PDA

View Full Version : Your X-mas present just a few days late

flames624
12-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Rebels fans i have heard from a few sources now that you will be getting some help come the 20 year old deadline. I have heard from people close to the flames that Brett Sutter will be returning to junior for the remainder of the season much like Cam Cunning did. Brett hadnt been playing much in the American Hockey League as he is the only rookie forward on the team. I hope he will grow into a great player as he showed alot of promise in exhibition this year! Also more info to back up was Quad City coach saying on the radio that Brett shows alot of great pro tendecies but needs to go somewhere to play and work on those things more. Congrats Red Deer fans and goodluck.

Go Flames Go!

SectionNDeserter
12-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Brett Sutter to the Giants for a 4th round pick! (Thats for you Beaner!)

Seriously though, don't be too terribly shocked if he does get immediately dealt to a contending team prior to the deadline. As entertaining as it would be to watch him play here, it is just too little, too late.

RDRebelsfan
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Seriously though, don't be too terribly shocked if he does get immediately dealt to a contending team prior to the deadline. As entertaining as it would be to watch him play here, it is just too little, too late.

sadly yea it is too late.

Team is going no where.

rinkrat
12-29-2007, 06:06 PM

haha wouldn't that be sweet justice! Thank you Cam Cunning. :D

flames624
12-30-2007, 03:09 AM
I dont understand why it is too little too late for the rebels...which i believe are only 7 points back of a playoff spot, and with the arrival of a much improved player like Brett Sutter dont believe they can make the playoffs. Didnt they make a great run for it when Cam Cunning got sent back from pro hockey. Brett Sutter is a far better player then he was, imagine the impact he could have. Is it better for him to go to a contender like Vancouver or be a leader which fits him best in Red Deer which i hear he loves. From what i know he only wants to play junior hockey if it is with the team where his heart is in Red Deer.

rinkrat
12-30-2007, 03:16 AM
From what i know he only wants to play junior hockey if it is with the team where his heart is in Red Deer.
It really doesn't matter what he wants,its the NHL teams' drum he will be marching to. They pay his salary.

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I dont understand why it is too little too late for the rebels...which i believe are only 7 points back of a playoff spot, and with the arrival of a much improved player like Brett Sutter dont believe they can make the playoffs.In my mind there is a pretty fine line between missing the playoffs and squeaking into them and getting smoked in 4 straight games. Getting a guy like Brett Sutter back is great, but there are SO many more pieces of the puzzle missing to make this team a playoff contender. If and when he comes back, who goes? I would hate to see a heart and soul guy like Sonne go, and Watt doesn't seem like he would be too easy to move. Which leaves Mark Louis, whose departure would leave us with such talented veteran defensemen as Luke Egener and Cullen Morin leading a rookie-laden blueline.....

Didnt they make a great run for it when Cam Cunning got sent back from pro hockey.In all honesty, they continued to struggle (though less when Cunning got here), and only made a great run for the playoffs after they unloaded some of their largest underachievers on Moose Jaw in return for Josh Lepp and Jordan Henry. The only reason I really felt bad about missing the playoffs that season, was due to how hard Josh Lepp played for us down the stretch, after a Junior career of relative mediocrity between the pipes--he carried that team right to the bitter end.

Brett Sutter is a far better player then he was, imagine the impact he could have. Is it better for him to go to a contender like Vancouver or be a leader which fits him best in Red Deer which i hear he loves. From what i know he only wants to play junior hockey if it is with the team where his heart is in Red Deer.If the Rebels can find an 18/19 year old defenseman (or 3) out there that can lead their blueline, I think that him coming back here won't be too much of a disturbance to the roster, if we can't, then one would have to think that he will just be chasing 150 or so more opposition players that have been sent in on breakaways by Luke Egener passes, or blowing by Cullen Morin like he isn't even there.

3rebels
12-30-2007, 10:07 AM
But then of course, the Flames could always send him down to Las Vegas, as they are paying his salary !!
clrkth 3

JustMe
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
About this whole situation with Red Deer is that they are hanging on to their NINE defenceman (including injured Kot) like they are desperate for these wonderfully talented guys!!! These talented guys are stepping up and playing as forwards since about a month/two months ago (started with Morin Stebner). If these D men were such great forwards and I know many of them have had good shifts as forwards don't get me wrong, why don't they just get 21 D men!! instead of any forwards. You cannot tell me that any D man however talented can step up and play the same level of hockey than a reasonably talented forward. Just doesn't make sense but seems that is they way RD wants to go. I don't see the big picture please make it clear to me.....when are the D going to turn it around and make it a win for us?????
;-) And please DONT tell me they want to develop these D or this is all they can get......rather then get forwards to make this team a properly balanced hockey team.......I am sure there are forwards around????? Maybe get back some of the guys they let go - surely they make better forwards than the D we have playing forward. I sure would be choked if it is my draft year as a D and they play me forward half the season..... Just my thoughts..... vci33

RDRebelsfan
12-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont understand why it is too little too late for the rebels...which i believe are only 7 points back of a playoff spot, and with the arrival of a much improved player like Brett Sutter dont believe they can make the playoffs. Didnt they make a great run for it when Cam Cunning got sent back from pro hockey. Brett Sutter is a far better player then he was, imagine the impact he could have. Is it better for him to go to a contender like Vancouver or be a leader which fits him best in Red Deer which i hear he loves. From what i know he only wants to play junior hockey if it is with the team where his heart is in Red Deer.

we're more than 7 pts out of a playoff spot.

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2007, 04:23 PM
These talented guys are stepping up and playing as forwards since about a month/two months ago (started with Morin Stebner). If these D men were such great forwards and I know many of them have had good shifts as forwards don't get me wrong, why don't they just get 21 D men!! instead of any forwards.Actually, periodically playing defensemen as forwards and vice versa is a more popular and successful method than you might think. Not only can it shake things up with them, but it also helps them to understand how to work with the other players on the ice, and creates parity between them.

You cannot tell me that any D man however talented can step up and play the same level of hockey than a reasonably talented forward.Some would argue that a player who is a defenseman his whole career is very well suited to a checking line role. Remember, these guys aren't playing in this role on the top line. Stay with your man, and check him when he has the puck--not a huge departure from what they have been doing.

when are the D going to turn it around and make it a win for us?????
;-)I have seen a lot of poise from some of them at times, and others not. Egener and Morin have been a liability to the team more nights than not and need to go. I think Scarborough needs to go as well, as he has not shown any improvement that I have seen from the start of the season.
And please DONT tell me they want to develop these D or this is all they can get......rather then get forwards to make this team a properly balanced hockey teamI think they see that their weakness the last few seasons has been on the blueline, and rather than just picking up other team's problems as they have in the last few seasons, they are making a go of developing what they have. If that means keeping more of them than you can man the point with until you can weed out the ones that just aren't going to make it, then I am fine with that.

I sure would be choked if it is my draft year as a D and they play me forward half the seasonI don't think any of our draft eligible defensemen have done anything that might make them worry about hearing their name on Draft day, and I would be quite surprised if they would be having trouble coping with playing forward as opposed to watching the game.