PDA

View Full Version : Game 39 @ Medicine Hat

Scout
12-29-2007, 05:56 PM
"Game Notes" provides an inside look at the latest in team happenings, injuries, trades, hot streaks, the opposition and promotions. "Game Notes" changes with every home game! Find related items in Statistics.

Game 39 @ Medicine Hat
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Broncos finish off the home-at-home series with the Tigers tonight in Medicine Hat…This will be the 4th of 5 meetings between the Broncos and Tigers this season.

The Tigers won game three by a score of 6-5 last night in Swift Current, while the Broncos won the first two meetings of the season recording a 7-2 victory on September 29th in Medicine Hat and a 3-0 shutout win on November 9th in Swift Current…Against the Tigers this season Eric Doyle (2 G, 5 A)has 7 points, Michael Wilson (0 G, 6 A) has 6 points, Levi Nelson (3 G, 2 A) has 5 points and Zack Smith (2 G, 2 A) has 4 points…Travis Yonkman has played all three games versus Medicine Hat and has a 0.915 save percentage and a 2.67 goals against average so far…The Broncos sit in 4th place in the East Division, 4 points behind the Warriors, 6 behind the Wheat Kings and 7 behind the Pats.

LAST GAME: The Broncos fell 6-5 to the Tigers last night in the first game in the home-at-home versus Medicine Hat…Swift Current at home for the first time since Dec. 4th, led by period scores of 2-1 and 4-3 and held a 5-4 advantage with 7:15 left in the final period before the Tigers stormed back for the victory…David Stieler, Levi Nelson, Eric Doyle, Dale Weise, and Zack Smith all scored for the Broncos, while Michael Wilson picked up 3 assists…Netminder Travis Yonkman turned aside 36 of 42 shots…The Broncos connected on 3 of 6 man-advantage situations, while the Tigers went 3 for 8 on the powerplay, with 2 goals coming on five-on-three power plays.

NUMBERS: Captain Zack Smith continues to lead the Broncos in the points department with 13 goals and 24 assists, good for 37 points…Michael Wilson leads the Broncos and is tied for 11th place in league standings for +/-, rated +18…Wilson is tied for 2nd in the point race among WHL defensemen with 36 (3 G, 33 A) and tied for 3rd in assists among WHL skaters…Erik Felde saw his 3 game scoring streak come to an end last night…He now has 35 points (18 G, 17 A) on the season and sits tied for 14th in goals among WHL skaters…Dale Weise has recorded 18 goals on the season, 9 of them coming on the power play…He currently sits tied for 14th amongst WHL skaters for goals and is tied for 8th place in power play goals…Eric Doyle has 9 goals and 23 assists on the season and is tied for 3rd place in goals and 4th in points amongst WHL defensemen…Defenseman James Martin, the Broncos 2nd round draft choice from 2006 will be playing with the Club tonight…The Broncos are averaging 29 shots for per game, while scoring 3.3 goals per game…The team is giving up an average of 28 shots per game, while allowing 3.1 goals per game…The Broncos are an impressive 13-1-0-2 when leading after 40 minutes of play and 11-3-0-1 when leading after the 1st period.

MILESTONES: Dale Weise played his 150th WHL game against the Seattle Thunderbirds on December 15th, while Ryan Molle played his 100th WHL game last night against the Tigers.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power play is 7th in the WHL and currently operating at 20.5%…The team has scored 45 power play goals on 219 attempts…Dale Weise has 9 power play goals to lead the Broncos, while Michael Wilson has16 power play assists…On the penalty kill, the Broncos are tied for 15th in the WHL with an 81.0% efficiency rating.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 22 players (2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, 13 forwards)…The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 7 – 19 year old players, 4 – 18 year old players, 5 – 17 year old players, and 3 – 16 year old players…By location, the Broncos have 4 Saskatchewan born players, 8 Alberta born players, 5 British Columbia born players, 2 Manitoba born players, 2 players from the Czech Republic, and 1 American player…The Broncos average age is 18 while their average height is 6’0.5” and weight 186.9 lbs.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: Levi Nelson (Boston ’06)…Ryan Molle (New Jersey ’07)

Toswammi
12-29-2007, 08:35 PM
No Larachelle or Molle on the back end, and no Eakin, Wiess, Dansereau up front for the game today....Should be interesting

whlfanatic
12-30-2007, 10:13 AM
if anybody had a chance to read my last post about the swift fan and the 50/50, replace Big Ern with Scout...since he took my post off, he might still be pretty embarrased!

d-man
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
No Larachelle or Molle on the back end, and no Eakin, Wiess, Dansereau up front for the game today....Should be interesting

What's up with Weise & Dansereau?

whlfanatic
12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
suspended for cheap hits.

dansereau got 1 game for his charging major and weiss is pending further review.

Flathead
12-30-2007, 10:28 AM

dansereau got 1 game for his charging major and weiss is pending further review.
You can't be serious, what a joke! They really are trying to take hitting out of the game.
Note to Tiger players; Quit looking at your new princess skate laces you got for christmas, head up!

whlfanatic
12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
princess laces got them two wins over the mighty broncos...are you going to play the injury card now? i'm sure mcavoy won't ask cameron about his laces anymore, after the knuckes he ate on Friday....let me guess, you gave mcavoy the win on that one too!

speaking of princesses, were you with the one (scout or big ern) last night when they did their nice screaming and humping chair act when they thought they had the 50/50 winner? priceless!!

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 10:43 AM
princess laces got them two wins over the mighty broncos...are you going to play the injury card now? i'm sure mcavoy won't ask cameron about his laces anymore, after the knuckes he ate on Friday....let me guess, you gave mcavoy the win on that one too!

speaking of princesses, were you with the one (scout or big ern) last night when they did their nice screaming and humping chair act when they thought they had the 50/50 winner? priceless!!
How much did they win?

Toswammi
12-30-2007, 10:48 AM

Wiess gets suspended for being huge and throwing his weight around.....Dansereau; well yeah i can see that, it has a head shot, but the charging call was wierd, elbowing yes, but not charging.

ointhecreek
12-30-2007, 01:56 PM
if anybody had a chance to read my last post about the swift fan and the 50/50, replace Big Ern with Scout...since he took my post off, he might still be pretty embarrased!
This poster is sounding like an old nemesis from the white board who just likes to troll and look for trouble. Hope not, no place on here for that crap. Want to troll, stick to white board.

Scout
12-30-2007, 02:33 PM
The reason your post was deleted was it never had one ounce of hockey talk on it. All it did was talk about a mistaken number on the 50/50 by a Bronco fan. If you think i singled you out because your a Tiger fan you are mistaken. It is called trolling and is against board guidelines. I come back on and see your bouncing all over the forum trolling again. Take my advice and stay off the Bronco forum unless you are going to talk hockey.

Scout