PDA

View Full Version : How can a team lose a game when they have...

Trav
12-29-2007, 10:32 PM
fourteen friggin powerplays or however many it was? I don't get it. They showed they can get shots on net although with fourteen powerplays no wonder they had so many shots but why cant they friggin put the puck in the net. I'm about to pull my hair out here. All the players have cold hands I guess.

patsdude114
12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I went up to saskatoon last night to watch the game with my gf and spend a night in toontown..... all i got to say is what a terrible hockey game, PP after PP after PP Mercer and Dean were absoluetly terrible at best, there were soft calls on both sides, the players were getting frustrated they couldnt play 5 on 5 for more then 5 mins at a time. This isnt hockey by anymeans, yes there were penalities that were deserving on both sides, but 23 PP in total Saskatoon spent pretty well the whole 2nd period on the PP and by the shot clock 31-13 after 2 infavour of the Blades.

Bosh made some huge saves while the Pats were in the box, and i must say the save of the game came off of Nick Ross stick with a great glove save by Holtby.

Some big hits on both sides, didnt agree with the hit of the night tho given to Classen on Hanson, McRae hit on MacAngus in the 3rd was a much bigger hit and in open ice, but also a nod has to go to Teubert on Durand late in the 3rd as well.... 1 fight between Teubert and Flatters, the nod goes to flatters after a late hit flatters gave the a low hip check to Teubert that the refs went blind on.... what a surprise tho Mercer and Dean love calling all the nonsence that most of those could go uncalled, and then when Fiala got checked from behind, behind the net Mercer and Dean missed the hit linesmen had to call it and yet they still got the wrong guy gave the call to Teubert when it was Ross.. Just shows how bad our refs in this league really are, I know things are going ot be missed but some serious and protenially dangerous hits go missed thats when u know there is something wrong and the thing was the puck was only 5 feet from Fiala how can the refs miss that...

All in all the game was terrible, ya sure my team won in the Shootout but i could careless who won that game i go to watch hockey as entertainment and wow was i ever entertained by Mercer and Dean last night. Hope Sundays game in Regina is much better......wonder who the refs r going to be lol

patsrock83
12-30-2007, 04:22 PM
i was not at the game but dean could not of been that bad he is prob the best ref in the dub i personally know him i hope he is around for a long time the pats prob deserved all the calls

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
i was not at the game but dean could not of been that bad he is prob the best ref in the dub i personally know him i hope he is around for a long time the pats prob deserved all the calls

I think its safe to say that Dean is Satan. Actually, Dean raises the bar in that department.

He is the worst ref in recent memory, since I blocked out Hasenfratz and others from that time. He is BAD. At least Byblow-BAD, and Byblow.....was bad.

Those two terrible games he has reffed with us in it. The first one, we basically got screwed out of a win, and this one, we almost did. 14 PPs? Come on.

I dub that game to be: The attempted revenge of DEAN.

nivek_wahs
12-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey S_A_J.... Where is Mike Hasenfratz right now?

You should go watch a Bantam or Midget game in Regina and see what kind of officiating display's they can put on. You think that the WHL officiating is that bad... check out many SHA refs... Many cases BRUTAL!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey S_A_J.... Where is Mike Hasenfratz right now?

You should go watch a Bantam or Midget game in Regina and see what kind of officiating display's they can put on. You think that the WHL officiating is that bad... check out many SHA refs... Many cases BRUTAL!

I'd rather not torture myself. I know that our league is not professional by any means, but it gets worse as it goes down the ladder.

As for Mike, I know he did some time in the NHL (did not hear good things either), but if there is a god out there, he's reffing in the middle of Siberia, somewhere.

Regardless if he went/is still in the big leagues, he was still awful in the dub. I dont care if he got to ref game 7 in the stanley cup finals, he was still terrible at the majoriity of the pats games I watched. My Grandpa, who was a friend of Mike's late dad, even admitted that he was a terrible ref, and he is one of the most level headed fans I know.

I support the development of officials, but if they do a terrible job, and my team gets the short end of the stick because of their terrible job, I dont see it as excusable.

Though this game tonight isnt an example of that. Lots of stupid calls, but we didnt play good enough to win anyways. Our PP was terrible, and our defence was terrible tonight too. Oh well, maybe next game we will win.

nivek_wahs
12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
As for Mike, I know he did some time in the NHL (did not hear good things either), but if there is a god out there, he's reffing in the middle of Siberia, somewhere.Wearing #30 in the NHL is Mr. Hasenfratz himself... http://www.nhlofficials.com/ I would post the link to his biography but the site is copyrighted and won't let me post the link.