PDA

View Full Version : 50-50 Tragedy/5-2 Loss

Big Ern
12-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, let's start with the big news, shall we? Last night's 50-50 prize in Medicine Hat, worth just over $3000. Really, I thought I had it. I looked at the ticket, and it matched the number I'd heard. I had a few fans around me who said, "OMG...look at that. You won." So how do people react when they win three thousand dollars? Some probably just simply walk to the office and claim it. But not this guy. I thought, "WOW...this is a way to be a pain for the Medicine Hat fans." So I put on a bit of a show. I went to the middle section of the stands, and I was very animated...it was a huge celebration. I swear that entire half of the rink had the boobirds going. It was a thrill! It was kind of a sagging feeling getting to the office and discovering I had the wrong ticket. Either I had not listened intently, or I had Bob Ridley turned up too loud in my ear. haha (and no WHLFANATIC, I was not embarrassed. If you think I was embarrassed by that incident, you probably don't know me very well. lol) For some reason, I mostly forgot about it until I was on the road home. And this morning, it doesn't bother me at all. Getting those Tiger fans to booo uncontrollably was AWESOME! I now know officially how Levi Nelson feels when that crowd booos him. haha. And in the end, the loss of the game is more tragic than this whole experience, is it not?

5-2 Loss

Now for the game.....

I kind of knew right from the get-go what to expect. With half of our team missing, I thought the rest of the team played pretty well. If we were not injured enough, with R.J. Molls and Eakin out of the line-up, the league decided to throw the book at us last night. I could see Dansereau maybe getting another game for his action, but the Weise suspension is a joke. If you get a chance, watch the play...if you're subscribed to the webcasts. It's a situation where Weise is a lot taller than the guy he's hitting in Wacey Hamilton, and the league claims he "jumped up at the guy." WOW. If Willie Desjardins wants to send tapes and DVD's to the league office, maybe he should send one of himself pacing the bench back and forth like a wounded chicken. I swear it drives me mental some games. It makes soup in my brain. Maybe I got off topic here a little bit, but the whole Weise suspension thing had me pretty ticked last night. In that case, it's probably a good thing I waited until this morning to post the game recap. It is almost assured that Weise will not play in Regina on Tuesday, and maybe another game after that. All for that "hit." Oh well....

The Tigers were really fast right off the get-go. I was fearing the worst with our team that depleted, and it happened. The Tigers scored four unanswered goals....the first one was a beauty, as Todd knocked the puck in off a great pass by Tyler Ennis. The powerplay really worked for the Tigers, converting three times last night. They looked into the game right off the opening faceoff, and the only time they took their foot off the gas was at the start of the third period. A quote that we so often hear: "No team will feel sorry for you." Such was the case.

Could the Broncos have been in a tie game after two periods, and ahead after three? Probably. There were two shots in the second period that not only hit one post, but both posts. I didn't even flinch, because that's our luck lately, I guess. There were some glorious chances to bury. Unlike Friday night when he could not seem to stop a beach ball, Ryan Holfeld brought his act in net for the Tigers last night. On a lot of the shots he looked completely screened, but either he saw through the players, or the puck ended up hitting him. The guys turned it up a notch at the start of the third period. Levi Nelson quickly scored two goals, and the situation looked really good. There was a delay due to some ice problems right after that second Nelson goal, and that seemed to lean the Tigers' way. In that Medicine Hat Arena, I swear whatever happens is in their favor. It's very rare to get a break there traditionally. Overall, I thought our young guys played very well, and two of our veteran guys failed to step up like they should in that game.. Again, I'm considering the depletion of our line-up. The game was a tough loss....always is in that barn.

I think at this point the situation the Broncos are in is an enigma. I believe our general manager can put two and two together and figure out a way to get us a great defenseman. It won't be easy, but Deano has been known to pull them off. Confidence is high. Otherwise, our team seems to be lacking confidence very bad right now.

I myself have not given up...hell I never do. Maybe the entire team needs to sit down and each guy think about what he brings to the table as a player, and go out and play that role. Once the guys do that, I think we'll be fine.

See you in Regina Tuesday. (You can make the trip...it's only two hours.)

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Toswammi
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I am thinking of heading up for that game; so long as i dont have the dreaded hangover

whlfanatic
12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
nice recap!! 99% of the population would be embarrased after the act and not winning! oh well!

penman
12-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Id be carefull after some of the **** that Med.Hat fans pulled off at least swift fans dont end up in jail for the night, know what were you saying about embarresing oh ya and no fire dept false alarms either know what were you saying????Should I go on and on and on.I think not if you dont get it by know you never will

Flathead
12-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm still in disbelief over the whole Weise thing.

Big Ern
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm still in disbelief over the whole Weise thing.

With good reason....

sbtatter
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
With good reason....
I dislike Weise......... b/c he doesn't play for my team!!

CatFan
12-30-2007, 04:19 PM
even tho I obviously didn't want a Bronco fan to win our 50/50, I still thought it must have been pretty disappointing to go down there all excited and find out you didn't win. I actually liked the "dance" on the stairwell, thought it was a nice touch (if you had actually won, that is!!). Oh well, maybe next time??

Big Ern
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
even tho I obviously didn't want a Bronco fan to win our 50/50, I still thought it must have been pretty disappointing to go down there all excited and find out you didn't win. I actually liked the "dance" on the stairwell, thought it was a nice touch (if you had actually won, that is!!). Oh well, maybe next time??

haha Thanks for that. It was quite funny when the guy announced that "the young man who came celebrating down the stairs had not won after all." lol