PDA

View Full Version : Rate Your Euros

Sammy
03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
I would be interested to know which Euro has been "hot"; which has been "not" for your team?

Kristi
03-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Both of ours have been great all season long. Don't have a complaint about either of them. They both work really hard every night.

Orv
03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Ruzicka and Gulasi for the Hurricanes have both been pretty good this season. Gulasi might be one fo the most underrated d-men in the Dub, he is solid on the back end. I'd say he's the 'Canes 2nd best d-man behind Seabrook of course.

Ruzicka has really stepped it up since Christmas. He plays on the checking line and is out there mucking and grinding every night. In my opinion he's been the best 'Cane the past two games.

Triton
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
We started out with Marcel Ulehla,and Aki Seitsonen.Aki is still with us and has been one of,if not the most consistent players in our line-up.Marcel wasn't given much of a chance,which is a shame,and I think he played somewhere of 10-12 games and was later released.Just before the trade deadline we picked up Adam Lukacovic,who has done ok..not great.He doesn't really have a physical side of him,but has played some forward,as well as defence which is what he normally plays.I'd give Aki an A-,and Adam a D+.

Beaner
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Schwarz - Average at best. Can do a lot better as was seen at WJHC.
Meszaros - Has been great. Easily the best D-man we have had all year.

BWK
03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Sami Sandell -started out very slow but the potential was there. The fans were just waiting for him to break out but it never really happened. After a Christmas break in Finland he seened to get a better handle on the North American game and kicked it up a notch. Has earned the ice time with Moore and Reeves on the third line. Good wheels and starting to learn how to finish the play.

Jakub Sindel -showed up after the Christmas break and had an impact from the getgo. He was inserted on the first line with Eric Fehr leaving an opportunity for Ryan Stone and Lance Monych to form Line 1A.

My personal opinion is it was the arrivial of Jakub that made for the turn-around in the Brandon Wheat Kings. His arrival allowed the break-up of Stone and Fehr into two very potent lines. Very good speed and great finish.

mccabe23
03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Lauris Darzins - Nice addition to the Rockets this year. Always dangerous when he has the puck and has tremendous skill. One of the best Rockets all year.

Michal Blanar - A disappointment to most as he had one goal and an assist all year. Personally, I like his gritty play and huge hits. He misses a lot of those hits but is a very high energy guy on the fourth line. Lately he has seen time on the third line which has been nice. Not afraid to drop the gloves either. I guess we have to question if a euro on the fourth line is a waste of a spot.......

rinkrat
03-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Meszaros will be rookie of the year.The hip check he put on Wuchterl in Everett was the best hit I have ever seen.

ScottyWazz
03-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Pushkarev- He's been up and down. He can be great and he can be lazy. He played better after the Christmas break than he did before hand, but he can be a whole lot better than what he showed.

Tomanek- The jury is still out. With him being injured for most of the season, there wasn't much to be seen with him out there.

Rebel66
03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Really happy with both Euros.

Roman Wick is the top goal scorer on the team and has 70 points in total. He has more than lived up to expectations. Will be in the running for Rookie of the year.

Mikko Kuukka is our second best defenceman on the team in my opinion behind you know who. Blocks an incredible amount of shots. Very steady.

All in all you couldn't ask for more out of the Rebels Euros.

smackitsakic
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Marek Knebl, the lone Euro on the Broncos.
Terrible. He's a fourth line player on the third worst team in the league. Sorry, just doesn't belong here and doesn't fit in. Plays his little heart out, just doesn't have the skill to stay for next year. Our Euro drafting is terrible lately.

OnICE
03-24-2005, 09:38 AM
In a word .... AWESOME!!

Martin Sagat -Very quiet highly skilled power forward. Does great work along the boards and has been throwing heavy hits all year. Very skilled skater and a great play maker. He's finally starting to shoot more and WHAT A SHOT. Zinging wrist shot that's deadly accurate. If he keeps that going could be one of the leading playoff goal scorers. We knew Martin was good last year - with the increased confidence he has shown this year as a 20 he has been great.

Roman Polak - Can't say enough good things about this guy. He hits, plays great defensive angles, carrys the puck and gains the zone as well as anyone, hard accurate shot, fast enough that can get back after rushing the puck. He does it all and I expect next year will be recognized as one of the top DMEN in the league - which he already is. He was an unknown heading into the year, has been a pleasant surprise and is one of the reasons this team has done so much better than predicted.

GO ICE GO!!!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I am only pleased with one of our Euros, that being Bahensky, He was picked in the 1st round of last years Import draft, I believe at some point in the season Bahensky had the most short handed goals(correct me if I am wrong)
Svennsson on the other hand, I think needs some more time to develop and and needs to get involved more IMO. otherwise in 1 or 2 more years I think he will develop into a very good player.