PDA

View Full Version : First East Team To Make Trade

Scout
01-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Regina made a trade today and seperated themselves from the Broncos by improving their team a little. The Pats made a trade with Red Deer aquiring WHL vet J.D. Watt (20) 19 year-old right winger Scott Doucet and a 4th round pick in 2009 for 18 year-old Cody Gross, 16 year-old Brett Miller and a third round pick in 2009.

Scout

Broncs in RD
01-01-2008, 04:16 PM
WOW they make a trade and get a pretty decent Power Forward.

Scout
01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
The Pats just got bigger and better and tougher. With our injuries to R.J. and Molle we got smaller and weaker. Do we sit back and let the other East Division teams make trades and improve or do we make a big trade. I still think Dean has already made a trade but is waiting to see what other teams will do and i also believe it involves a big D-man and a power forward. It's just what i think and i got no inside info on this. If we sit still and make no trade we will not get past the first round if we even make the playoffs. I'm sure he is talking to some teams in the West who are rebuilding. Only 9 days left till the deadline so let the rumors fly.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I thought the Broncos played not too shabby today in Regina. I'm going to say what everone has been saying a fair bit up to this point that we need to get bigger, mosty on the back end. With the trade that Red Deer and Regina made today, it makes that point even more stronger in my opinion. We have good puck moving defensemen but with Molle down and RJ out for a while, our stay at home defencemen are at a minimum. All that being said I was pretty impressed with the effort today, they skated pretty well, hit an abundance of posts but played a good game. Any moves that people know of?

Toswammi
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Meh Regina gets another temperamental hot-head (cause they don't have enough already)

ointhecreek
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Meh Regina gets another temperamental hot-head (cause they don't have enough already)
yes, last time he was here he took stupid penalties and mouthed off to the ref. I wasn't very impressed, he cost Red Deer that game, IMO.
:rolleyes:

CrazyGeorge
01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
A change in scenery for Watt could result in him playing like he did in Vancouver. Watt in Red Deer was a different player than he was in Vancouver. That's the kind of thing of afraid of is with the change in scenery, could result in better production....but Regina did give up a solid 18 year old in Cody Gross.

Flathead
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
yes, last time he was here he took stupid penalties and mouthed off to the ref. I wasn't very impressed, he cost Red Deer that game, IMO.
:rolleyes:
I was thinkingthe same thing, he took very dumb penalties and did cost them the game. Let's hope he keeps it up in regina. lol

Toswammi
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Regina just made a couple of deals, getting 3 defensemen in (Bartley, Bender from Kamloops and one from Red Deer.)

Also Calgary got Brock Nixon.

I would expect Dean to do something, however it will only be "re-tooling" for this year.

ointhecreek
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Not going to be any defense men left to trade for so I guess I assume we'll be looking to next year once again to go past the first round. vc124 I'm sure getting tired of this next year theme. I don't expect to go for the Memorial cup every year but it would be nice to get past the first round of the playoffs once in a while. :(

transplantedbronco
01-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Not going to be any defense men left to trade for so I guess I assume we'll be looking to next year once again to go past the first round. vc124 I'm sure getting tired of this next year theme. I don't expect to go for the Memorial cup every year but it would be nice to get past the first round of the playoffs once in a while. :(

I have to agree with you O. This next year crap is getting tiresome. Regina is making trades left right and centre. They just got even better in less than a week and we have key injuries pilling up. I just want a couple of playoff wins.

Broncs in RD
01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
*** Regina pulls off another deal and we sit pat. I am getting really sick of this, when are we going to get better? We lose and still sit pat. Sorry Big Ern, but I am really losing faith in Deans abilities. Why make a move for Dans and Felde which I thought was a good thing if we added a few more pieces, but we didn't YET!!! The Felde Dans trade makes no sense to me right now.

Scout
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
My personal feeling is Dean has already made a trade. I heard lots but nothing is official yet. I'm sure he is waiting till closer to the deadline to make the announcement and also fine tune furthur trades as other East division teams make moves to bolster their run. If he sits pat and does nothing then i will also be discouraged but i really believe the deals are done already.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I sure hope you are right Scout. We can't go to much longer with a depleted line up and shortness on defense.

Broncs in RD
01-06-2008, 07:20 AM
As the list of players is dwindling down here are a few that will still fit in nicely.
Figren and Stamler. Edmonton
Wishart and Tyrell. P.G.
Crowley, Ellington and Hardy. Tips
Gabriel. Winter Hawks
Gillies, Flatters or an ex Bronco connection in Reich. Blades
Gautier. Blazers
Sutter, Louis. Rebels

CrazyGeorge
01-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I agree with that list, except Lorne Mollecken said that Gillies is "pretty much intouchable." It's going to be an interesting few days.

ointhecreek
01-06-2008, 09:48 AM
My personal feeling is Dean has already made a trade. I heard lots but nothing is official yet. I'm sure he is waiting till closer to the deadline to make the announcement and also fine tune furthur trades as other East division teams make moves to bolster their run. If he sits pat and does nothing then i will also be discouraged but i really believe the deals are done already.

Scout
I don't understand what the reason would be to wait if the deal is done. We need some one on the back end now. :confused:

Scout
01-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Like i said all the trade talk is hear say and maybe nothing has been done. I don't know. It may be announced at the deadline so teams we are trying to catch don't have time to react and make another trade to improve themselves again. I'm just guessing here why nothing has been made public or we may be just going to sit pat. Anybody know if R.J. will return?

Scout

transplantedbronco
01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
If all goes well, RJ should be playing on Tuesday. He is practicing and that but with this weekend he cant get a full practice in. That should go down on Monday and would then be cleared to play on Tuesday.

Flathead
01-06-2008, 10:52 AM
If all goes well, RJ should be playing on Tuesday. He is practicing and that but with this weekend he cant get a full practice in. That should go down on Monday and would then be cleared to play on Tuesday.
Thanks for that on RJ. I also heard that Eakin has been skating and may be back soon. Molle should be back sooner than what was first thought as well. Not sure when though, anyone know?

Toswammi
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I would never jump the gun on concussions. They can linger a long time, especially if you have had a few prior. I know on the radio J.K. was talking about adding another 20 at the deadline.